Skip to content

Binx1310

FREEDOMLite
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Binx1310

  1. Thanks. I’ve got Brembo. Should be doing them this weekend hopefully.
  2. I just realised. His last post was about moving house. So that would be the last log book issue to change the address and hopefully not be the car sold. Let’s hope you’re right in that it’s just new house etc and life taking priority.
  3. +1 for Dr Beckmann! That stuff is like magic although it pains me to tell the Mrs she was right that I didn’t need to buy yet more car specific things… Hopefully the difference shows up in the photos.
  4. The Mrs has some dr Beckmann carpet cleaner with the scrubber brush attached. Will give that a go as a first stab and if not will order some of the suggested products.
  5. Got a second hand sun visor to replace my cracked one. Any top tips on cleaning the greasy finger prints and general marks from it? I was going to go at it with a damp cloth with washing powder on but wondered if anyone had any other bright ideas.
  6. Also, a bit off topic. But does anyone know what happened to @ApertureS ? He seemed to be a bit of a legend of this forum and a font of all knowledge but was last online July 2025. According to DVLA his car was sold (log book issued) not long before that. Hope he’s ok.
  7. Well today I finished reading this thread through from page one to my first post. Not sure what I’ll do with my evenings now though! Also makes me laugh as to how naive I was that I wouldn’t get bitten by the bug again and start spending on stuff for the car. Realised that my nice chrome bumper protector doesn’t fit with the dechrome theme I’m going for so just ordered a black one. Let’s hope it comes off without taking too much paint with it!
  8. Mine was cracked when I got the car. But I have subsequently made it worse and I’m guessing the same way as the previous owner The seat memory module has failed. And in trying the solution of redoing the basic settings at the extremes of travel, the headrest pressed into the sun visor. If you do the process you have to open the visor right up and also lower the headrest.
  9. A little tip. When you are running the basic settings program to recalibrate the seat, flip your sun visor all the way open against the windscreen, and lower your headrest. Otherwise you will be searching for a replacement sun visor as I was! Also, don’t do it sat in the seat!
  10. 🤫 My wife already thinks it’s strange enough that I talk to and meet up with strange men on the internet without that sort of rumour too!
  11. Ordered some more parts for dechrome today to go with the AliExpress badges. Found some on ebay with free delivery and much more reasonably priced than Kopacek, albeit not OEM parts, and supposedly the last in stock so I just had to order them! Badges https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005009424974993.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.23.78821802Xh8hCx https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003980570506.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.29.78821802Xh8hCx Grill Surround https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/177879476697 Lower Grill Strip https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/157695824834 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/177879048390 Going to run with the vertical chrome stripes for now as per @JR RS. Looking to get roof rails and window chrome wrapped gloss black, and possibly the roof panel. May get vertical lines in grill wrapped too if it doesn't look right. Also ordered second hand drivers sunvisor to replace my one with a cracked mirror, and new Brembo rear discs and pads.
  12. My trouble was getting one bulb out and not being able to get the new one in! I’ve had one flicker a few times before coming on and got a “bulb out” warning. I cleared the code and seems to be ok now. It’s the same side where the HID was flickering so I’m wondering if the ballast that side is on the way out. One to keep an eye on. At least the ballast can be changed much easier!
  13. Not sure if you’ve done this yet but I saw this posted in another part of the forum and thought it might be useful for you.
  14. Part number is 5Q0 959 760 I believe but you can stick your head under the seat and read the current one off the label, or scan with vcds/obd11 etc to find info. Version A cannot be reflashed with updated software. I’m not sure if there is a revision version that would have new software by default but the newest seems to be 5Q0 959 760F My understanding is it’s a dealer fit as a parameterisation file has to be written for it to the car specifically. It sure if an independent VAG could do it with ODIS?! I’m interested in the answer as at some point I need to do the same.
  15. Random continuation of this thread. I found in carscanner (strangely in the climate menu) the basic setting procedure for drivers seat. So went back to the long coding to remove lumbar control. Two bongs. Then did the basic setting procedure. Two bongs. Checked and no trouble codes. I was starting to get hopeful that I had got round the problem. Alas no. Still no memory function. Back to the long list for a new module!
  16. There must be a point where you’re paying for name. Should a sweet spot of value vs performance! That’s why I tend to go middle of the range ish.
  17. Brembo ok too I would guess? I think front are ate but not sure if ceramic.
  18. I’ll go for mid range price from euro car parts. Probably low end brembo or eicher. I’ve got dark wheels anyway so I don’t worry too much about brake dust!
  19. It’s worth contacting the seller. I’ve seen on some pages that two wires in one of the plugs need swapping for certain vehicles. With mine (superb mk3) it takes about 5 seconds for it to deactivate.
  20. I need to do the discs and pads on mine. A job for after pay day!
  21. Just had a look at the old bulbs. The osram was manufactured march 2016 and the Phillips Jan 2017. Hopefully the LED ones will last as long!
  22. One had started to flicker and gone very yellow. That one looked newer and was an osram xenarc. The other was a Phillips. I wonder if one was original?
  23. There’s this one too from @JR RS for the 2 to 2.5 upgrade
  24. Full service completed and no issues raised. They didn’t have time to do DSG service and brake fluid change so that is booked in for a couple of months time. Fitted LED headlight bulbs as recommended by @AL2772. https://ebay.us/m/GEjuI6 Definitely not an easy fit and don’t even bother trying to do them without taking the arch liner out. But once it is out it’s not too bad a job. Had one fault come up when first installed but cleared the code and now all good. Much brighter and clearer than the previous bulbs. Also updated the MIB software following @JR RS brilliant guide
  25. Not sure how well It comes out in the photos but the bulbs are brilliant. Nice white colour, great projection and no dazzling. Not been flashed by anyone yet anyway. I don’t have many before pictures but the old bulbs were two different sorts so at least they’re a matched pair! First pic is with the old bulbs. (Different road though)

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.