Skip to content

Routemaster1461

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Routemaster1461

  1. I've searched my inbox. I seem to recall seeing something like that but I can't find it now. What address was it sent from?
  2. How do you get a tracking email?
  3. When I ordered it was supposedly 12-16 weeks, so delivery end August to end September. 5 months is what I'm expecting from everything I've read. That makes it end of October, but the last I heard from the dealer was end September, early October. No big issue for me as I'm in no great hurry.
  4. No it is not Heritage Yeovil. I did eventually find my order number, which is how the incorrect name was found. The dealer called pretty quickly and sorted the issue. I then went back to the chat and got the update I needed. Car started week of 12th July, but still in production, presumably waiting for chips. Then a surprise. I was phoned by the first person chatted to, checking everything was resolved. Very nice man!
  5. Interesting issue today. This doesn't bode well. I ordered a Karoq on 25th May. I had a build week quoted when I called in on a different matter. This morning I used the Skoda website chat function to find out when my car may be available. The chap I was chatting to couldn't find my name on the system. He asked the name of the dealer and they said they didn't have an order in my name. After supplying more info, it turned out that somehow they had ordered with the correct surname but an incorrect first name. Now awaiting a call to correct the info.
  6. As E10 isn't being supplied until September, no matter what the pump says, you could have filled with any petrol knowing is wasn't E10.
  7. All manufacturers are having issues with the supply of chips.
  8. Android Auto can be frustrating. My wife's mother was born in a village called Halstock, and Google cannot recognise it any way you say it. You have to remember the nearest village and ask for that.
  9. It can't cost much more for a manufacturer to use metallic rather than a non-metallic. It's not like the old days where metallic paints had to have an extra clear coat. So metallic paint is probably pure profit for manufacturer and dealer. It probably won't be free though. I reckon they will just increase the base price of the car to compensate and offset the 'extra' cost of Velvet Red against the 'cheaper' non-metallic.
  10. Just checked on the Ateca brochure. Unless I've read it wrong, all colours including Velvet Red are considered standard in the price of the car. All colours apart from 3 are only available on 4 of 6 trim levels, missing FR and FRS spec. Velvet Red standard price on all 6 trim levels.
  11. Not if you go for an Edition like we have. Editions have metallic at no cost (no reduction for 'standard' colours) so Velvet Red is only £300. As my wife will not accept a black, silver or grey car as she considers them boring, we are effectively limited to blue and red. So Velvet Red it is.
  12. Bear in mind that some salesmen will tell you untruths to prevent you going elsewhere. In particular a Seat salesman, when I told him that I was looking at VW group cars, told me that Skodas do not have a 5 star NCAP rating.
  13. Can I just clarify about ethanol being hygroscopic. When you distil or purify ethanol from an aqueous solution, it is only possible to attain a maximum of 96% ethanol/4% water. If you require a higher purity/water content, the alcohol has to be distilled with benzene, which, as you are probably aware, is carcinogenic, to produce what is known as absolute alcohol. This will always contain traces of benzene. I find it very doubtful that absolute alcohol (which may be hygroscopic) is used in petrol, so it is likely that 96% is used. So any ethanol added to the fuel will most likely contain 4% of water, which will obviously not burn. As the remainder of the fuel, being mainly hydrocarbons, is immiscible with water there is a limit to the amount of water the fuel will be able to keep dissolved without separating. This is a potential issue, and I'm afraid by knowledge of physical chemistry doesn't extend to being able to consider whether this will occur. The fuel manufacturers will though. Just bear in mind that E10 will probably not absorb any water and will probably contain 4% of 10% = 0.4% water straight from the pump.
  14. Yes, probably. But it is only producing part of the carbon dioxide fixed by photosynthesis. The remaining carbon is in the alcohol, to be released when the alcohol is burnt. So the alcohol itself is carbon neutral. What isn't is the power necessary to isolate and distil the ethanol and transport it.
  15. Took me a while to figure what an NA car is. There are still plenty if NA petrol cars being sold. The lower power PSA 1.2L petrol is a case in point. Certainly available in the C3 and C3 Aircross, and probably in Peugeot 208 and Corsas as well.
  16. If you look at the thread above, you will see that we don't know what petrol we are getting. I don't think we know whether there will be a price difference, and probably won't know until October.
  17. I'm not sure that my post was clear. It is net relevant that 99 octane fuel is E5 or E 10. 99 octane will give better economy than 95 octane E5. 95 octane E5 may give better economy that 95 octane E10. If you try to compare 99octane E5 with 95 octane E10 and economy gets worse, is it due to the decrease in octane rating or the extra ethanol. You have changed two parameters and you don't know how much each parameter change has affected economy. Also, with the confusion at present, I'm not sure anyone actually knows what fuel they have in their tank. So speculation about economy is probably pointless.
  18. The issue here may be that you should get better mpg with 99 octane than E5. If you are using E10 and the mileage drops you are comparing E10 with 99 octane, not E10 v E5. if this is what you are doing the results are practically meaningless.
  19. Have you checked the bulbs, or the power to the bulb holders with a multimeter? That would have been my first check. Strangely bulbs sometimes fail at almost the same time.
  20. Interestingly, I was told that my Karoq was build week 28 or 29, which places it in the middle of July.
  21. I've encountered a similar issue on a different manufacturer's forum. Advice from the manufacturer is to only use Panasonic batteries. Don't know if it will make a difference, but no harm trying.
  22. Hello all. We have surprised ourselves and ordered a new Skoda Karoq. After placing the order I have suddenly started to notice how many Skodas there are on the road. We wanted a replacement for our current 6 year old car, and I wanted to avoid diesel. We started looking at VW group cars. My wife wouldn't even contemplate and Audi, the local VW agent ignored us, the Seat Ateca didn't appeal so we finished up at Skoda. We looked at a Karoq. My wife was smitten with the removable seats on the SE-L, but we wanted the sunroof and power rear door. By the time you have added them we found that we may as well have an Edition, so we ordered one in Velvet Red with a few options. Ordered mid May, originally quoted 12-16 weeks delivery, but I'm not expecting it until mid October. I'm told the build week was week 29, if so it may be built or sitting awaiting chips. Plenty of questions to be asked later, I'm sure

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.