Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Amundsen sat nav settings.
The speed limit for single carriageway roads in France is now 80kph rather than 90 kph.(unless a lower speed is indicated)
-
2021 Dacia Sandero Stepway
I wouldn't buy a bi-fuel car, as it is important that I can travel through the Channel Tunnel (normal times) ans, as far as I am aware, LPG cvehicles cannot travel.
- KESSY
- KESSY
-
Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?
Have you ordered through a dealer or a broker?
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Got a call from the salesman this morning about 8.30. Apparently he has no more info than the chat chap. The only difference is that you can get a response from the chat far quicker than the agent, and although I was told the agent had more info, I'm not sure that is correct.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Yes there is. I asked about mine yesterday. Latest info is that the build has commenced but it is incomplete. The chap asked me if I had spoken to the dealer as they apparently have more information than the chat people. He said he would get in touch with them, but no information a day and a half later.
-
Karoq rear seats
It's a pity that the person who wrote this article has made things as clear as mud. The headline refers to Karoq and Kodiak Scout models, perhaps implying that the 4 wheel drive versions are to be ditched, then this. 'Skoda’s rugged Karoq and Kodiaq SUVs are set to be axed from its UK new car line-up due to limited customer demand.' This implies that all Karoq and Kodiak versions are to be discontinued. As the article was dated June last year, this obviously didn't happen!
-
Lane assist is dangerous
This thread is going off topic; even so I have comments. Am I ok as I passed my test nearly 51 years ago. My father took his test in his 40s, so if the system above was in place, 40 years after his test he would be in his 80s. It is a fallacy to depend on how long a person has had a licence, age may be a limiting factor. But I don't agree with retesting on age basis either. FYI I took a PCV test just over 3 years ago, got a CPC and now I can drive preserved buses with over 70 people on it.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Might be worth asking for delivery on or after 2nd January as it will be a 2022 car rather than 2021, and may be worth a little more in the future.
-
Waiting for a new car?
Sorry, I should clarify. The car was not a stock car, it was a factory built with optional extras ( never mind that the salesman was useless and managed to get it built with esp rather than the requested cruise control) and was specifically requested for 58 delivery. Strangely they wouldn't let me have a test drive until after I had placed an order (???)
-
Not specific to Kodiaq (apologies) - but dealership insurance excess to test drive a car.
Just checked with my daughter. I was right, it was £2500. Seems like an excessive excess to me!
-
Waiting for a new car?
In 2008 I ordered a car which I specifically asked to be delivered with a 58 plate. I don't know why the dealer didn't want to honour this (the excuse was that the manufacturer insisted, presumably to meet targets and it wouldn't affect the residual value ?????) and the actually quoted me the 08 plate registration. I basically refused to go through with the purchase, eventually they agreed to change it and was duly delivered with the agreed 58 plate. So I assume they had to unregister the car as above and re-register it. Didn't deal with that agent again.
-
Not specific to Kodiaq (apologies) - but dealership insurance excess to test drive a car.
My daughter and I went to a Renault dealer and was required to sign a document before she took the car for a test drive. When we came back she told me that there was a huge excess on the document. I seem to recall £2500, but I may be wrong. I'll correct if it is wrong and I remember. I have had to have quite a few loan cars and I believe the agent I use has a £250 excess. My own insurance covers me for loan cars and I think that that has an excess of £400. I used to use my insurance as the excess was cheaper but now it seems to be the other way round.
-
Welcome to ISA - (intelligent speed assistance limiter) - UK to follow EU adoption on new cars - great new safety measure or Big Brother ?
So you would be happy to be doing 90kph when there would be an 80kph limit at most on that road?
-
Welcome to ISA - (intelligent speed assistance limiter) - UK to follow EU adoption on new cars - great new safety measure or Big Brother ?
To clarify, buses and coaches are limited to 60mph on dual carriageways. Coaches under 12M long have a limit of 70mph on motorways, coaches over 12M long are limited to 60mph.
-
Welcome to ISA - (intelligent speed assistance limiter) - UK to follow EU adoption on new cars - great new safety measure or Big Brother ?
So you are happy doing 50mph on a French arrow-straight wide well paved road which we and the Germans would limit to 60/62mph? The speed is not appropriate for the road and has not been limited for safety reasons.
-
Welcome to ISA - (intelligent speed assistance limiter) - UK to follow EU adoption on new cars - great new safety measure or Big Brother ?
So are you happy to comply with the overall speed limit of 50mph, 80kph on French roads, apart from autoroutes and some dual carriageways?
-
Think my plate has been cloned?
I live in Dorset, and I one received a letter from the police informing me that my car had been caught speeding in Deptford, SE London, an area which I don't ever recall driving in. The car was one which appeared to have been part of a large lease fleet with similar registration numbers. My car was XXX701X and was shown on the letter as white, but the correct type of car. Problem was that mine was blue. I went to the local police station and a very helpful man checked my car on the computer, the entry was correct. I replied to the letter pointing out the discrepancy, and they replied that it had been a typo on their part, the car in question was XXX710X
-
Waiting for a new car?
After reading the potential issues regarding extended warranty, I contacted our dealer, who has confirmed that our warranty is sorted. Also they added that the car, scheduled for w/c 12 July, is built, but is presumably in a queue for missing chips.
-
OK - I reckon I am in for another Kodiaq - Likely Sportline - but diesel again or a switch to petrol?
It isn't really the annual mileage which isn't good for a diesel engine, its lots of very shot trips. So 200 miles one a week, for instance, should be no issue, with a few shorter trips thrown in.
-
Parking brake releasing itself.
There are 4 recalls for 2018 cars. https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.service.gov.uk/recall-type/vehicle/make/SKODA/model/KAROQ/year/2018/recalls
-
First AdBlue fill and it didn’t go to plan……..
I'm new to the Skoda forums, but I am very familiar with Citroen Adblue systems and the frequent issues with Adblue tanks. in fact I had to have one replaced ~3 years ago, thankfully under warranty. I'm surprised there is talk on here about adding only 5L at a time, and then someone managing to get in excess of 10L in. The Citroen tanks have a 17L capacity and it is easy to get 15L in when the countdown starts. Range is usually ~10,000 miles. So is the Karoq tank a lot smaller, and are there any similar issues with the tank/pump as crop up so frequently on Citroen forums? Just interested, my Skoda on order is petrol.
-
Scala 2021-2022 models SFD protected?
Thanks, I did google SFD but not SFD protection. Probably will not concern me though.
-
Scala 2021-2022 models SFD protected?
Can anyone inform me what SFD is and why the models need protecting?