Skip to content

Routemaster1461

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Routemaster1461

  1. Our Karoq was in Emden for just over 2 weeks. If you look on a shipping tracker, you should be able to see ships leaving Emden to either Sheerness or Grimsby. They are usually a 'Highway' where the first part is the name of a German river. Isar and Neckar are two I've seen.It could be up to 5 wweks from arrival at port to pick-up. Ours, for some unknown reason was at the dealer nearly 2 weeks before collection.
  2. I have been playing around with the page settings on the bottom right button on the wheel, and I have found one that gives instantaneous consumption, long term consumption and remaining range. It also give some info I wasn't expecting. Oil temperature and power output in KW. My wife is out in the car, so I can't find out what happens when you start navigation. And also I tend to use Google maps, so I will investigate starting that as well when she gets back. (this is on a Karoq, not a Kamiq, so I don't know whether everything will be the same)
  3. It's the same with other 'nanny' systems. I don't mind the lane assist gently pushing me to stay in lane, although it's a bit disconcerting the first few times it happens. It's the ding followed by the warning 'stay in the centre of your lane' followed by 'take over the steering' that particularly annoy me, especially when the system has picked up a difference in roiad surface rather than lane markings.
  4. I had successfully changed my screen to show since start fuel consumtion. I used the car yesterday, and on using the satnav, the satnav screen appeared in the centre of the digital dash, and I couldn't get the figures back. I guess I will just have to change the complete screen view by scrollong through each time I want to see the figures.
  5. Rotation of tyres seemed to have gone out of fashion, but the Skoda manual recommends rotating front to back and vice versa every 10,000km, not miles. I am concerned that if I left my 225/40 R 19 Turanzas until 10,000 miles the fronts would be too worn to make it worthwhile.
  6. Thanks for that! I've had a play and I've now managed to get my 'since start' figures on the screen. It certainly isn't intuitive!
  7. I've tried to get fuel consumption figures on the digital dashboard on our Karoq. With the speedo and rev counter showing, the only figure that I can get is remaining range. A bit disappoining as I could get ant figures I wished displayed on our previous car.
  8. I'm pretty sure I have figured this out. On all of the cars I have had before the front head restraints had the metal supports built into the head restraint and on adjustment the supports move in and out of the seat back. Our Karoq is different. The supports are a fixed part of the the seat, and the restraint goes up and down on the supports. So the best that you can possibly do is to remove the restraint and leave the metal supports sticking out of the seats. If you think about it, the button on the side of the restraint is a bit of a give-away.
  9. In the post above which shows the diagram oof the location of the button it says that it is under on the back of the backrest, so it appears that it is hidden from rear seat passengers.
  10. Used our Karoq for a trip to London. Much of the trip is on single carriageway roads which used to be main trunk roads. All well apart from the occasional 'keep to the cenre of your lane' warning and sometimes 'take over the steering' when I stray slightly close to the centre line or the nearside white lines on bends. Sometimes I get the warning without getting close to a white line. I suppose it isn't a big issue, but it would be nice not having the warning noise catching me by surprise. There doesn't appear to be any lane departure input to the steering. Any ideas whether this warning can be switched off.
  11. Tried to find a button on our 2021 Edition, leather heated seats, but couldn't find it. Any ideas if the restraints can be removed on these seats?
  12. Quoting from the paper copy of the manual, which you should have, page 16 in mine. 'During the first 1000km, rev the engine to max. 3/4 of the highest permissible engine speed and avoid using a trailer. Over the 'next 500km the engine speed can be slowly increased. It also warns that the tyres do not have optimum grip for the first 500km and brakes do not provide optimum braking for the first 200km, 'Therefore drive very carefully' The manual also recommends rotation of tyres front to back after 10,000km (page 157)
  13. Unfortunately many cars are started on the production line, and then, due to parts shortages they are bunkered, some on an airfield. So your car may not be 'on the production line' but sitting unfinished.
  14. Having come over from a different marque which used catalytic solution injected into the fuel to aid dpf regeneration and little knowledge of VAG products, can anyone inform me whether VAG cars use catalysis, and if not, how they regenerate the dpf? Just for information as I now have 2 petrol cars. Both of these have gpf, so I wonder do they block and if so, do they regenerate?
  15. I've just refilled my Karoq 1.5 TSi for the second time after only ~360 miles. The fuel tank size, according to the manual, is 50L. however my first fill, when the gauge was showing red, was only 40L until the pump cut off. The second was ~39L with one bar above the minimum showing. The remaining range in the tank was 60 miles. Mpg from car and from the fill calculation come out at 41mpg. is, and is that 60 miles remaining range realistic? Do others get any more than 360 miles per tank?
  16. And that wouldn't affect the passenger door.
  17. Were they actually down to 20%, and at what mileage?
  18. It is. My daughter used it to charge her phone wirelessly. I is brighter when charging and dim when not.
  19. I don't know which version you are buying, but my Edition has Bridgestone Turanzas. If the wear as badly as I have seen indicated, they will almost certainly be replaced by Michelin.
  20. Also, as the supply of 21 and particularly 71 reg cars has been considerably reduced, there will be fewer low mileage nearly new cars on the market, so their prices could be strong.
  21. What is the purpose of reversing lights? Is it to see or be seen? My suspicion is the latter as the bulbs tend to be low power and higher power ones would tend to dazzle.
  22. I have found a short data blocking usb power cable. Might be a bit messy but it may well be a solution.
  23. Unfortunately I don't have the socket by the mirror.
  24. I'm trying to sort out my dashcam. It was in a 12V bulletin our old car, but as the 12V sockets in the Karoq do not switch off with the ignition, I wanted to use usb c. I didn't order the extra socket by the mirror so I got some adapters. The left socket, as I expected, switches off abouit a minute after switching the car off. Trouble is the camera goes into 'usb connecting' and looks like it will not record. So I thought, perhaps the second socket would just be a power supply, but it doesn't supply power to either the dashcam or to a phone. Looks like it isn't working. I really dont want to use the 12V as I'm bound to forget it and completely overwrite the memory card. So however I connect the camera (my insurance company asked about whether I would be fitting one) it looks like a trip to the dealers to see if they can sort the socket.
  25. Our new car has a set of letters I'm not particularly happy with, so I am contemplating a new number. I asked the dealer if it was possible to reject the number and get a new auto generated number, but he said it can't be done. What did surprise me was that he said that before the change of ownership the dealers still had a list of numbers for a customer to chose from. One plate I saw the other day was L10N GB. I thought it was a rugby fan, but the car was a 10 year old Peugeot, so I suppose he/she could have been a Peugeot enthusiast.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.