Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Build Date and Delivery Time to Dealer
Have you done anything to check progress on your car? When were you told the build week? I know that there has been a pause in commencement of new builds to try to get more cars completed and delivered. Our Karoq was odered in May and we were originally told 12-15 weeks. Build week was 28 or 29, mid July (can't remember which) and, as far as I know was started on time. However, due to the chip shortage, it was stored awaiting completion. About 2 weeks ago I was told it was at Emden avaiting a ship. I've been watching ships from Emden to Grimsby and Sheerness, and I hope it arrived there this weekend. From there it's transported to your dealer. At present, apparently, the car storage is empty and transportation is quick. So i'm hoping that it will be at the dealer early this week and available the week after next. If that is correct that is 22 weeks. And from what I've read that is quite quick. You couild try the chat function on the Skoda website. They have been helpful, but I tried on Friday and their system 'was down' so they couldn't tell me anything. I'm told dealers have access to more info. If my build is normal, and you ordered mid August, unfotunately it could be mid January or later.
-
Speedo
You will be able to change it in the menus. I'm sure someone will be along to help soon.
-
A/C service
There are two types of fluid/gas, as stated earlier. The older type may be changed for the quoted £49, but the more modern fluid will cost a fair bit more. Kwik Fit are advertising the newer gas at £99, by far the cheapest I've seen.
-
Noisy Tyres...
Just had a look at the noise ratings for Bridgestone, Michelin and Continental in 225/45 R 19, all of the tyres rate 70-73 decibels, so it looks like it might be size dependant, not manufacturer dependant.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
City of Rotterdam has left Emden this lunchtime. Due in Grimsby on Thursday. Hope mine is on it!
-
Karoq DPF theft?
The DPF has to be as close to the engine as possible to get it as hot as possible to burn off the soot particles. People do not steal DPFs, they steel the catalytic converters located further down the exhaust under the car. They want the valuable catalyst metals. DPFs have no valuable metals used in their construction.
-
LED Day Lights
We have 2 cars both fitted with DRLs and halogen lights, As has been posted above, theDRLs dim either when switched to parkin/positioning/sidelights orwhen the headlights are on. With halogen lights, there is a constant risk of a bulb failing (although it hasn't happened to me) with the dimmed DRLs at least you will have some kind of light on both sides.
-
Karoq pictures
Looks like an emergency glass hammer.
-
Skoda Superb Mk III Headlights
This is probably illegal in the UK.
-
Almost new Kodiaq - strange “rattling” sound when disengaging clutch after a quick acceleration while in 1st gear or reverse
If they say 'they all do that', ask them to demonstrate.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
You need a phone which supports it. You can find a list by googling. Mine is still in Emden. Thought it might be on the Neckar Highway about to dock at Grimsby, but apparently not.
-
new E10 Fuel and Economy
The difference between E5 and E 10 is so small thatthe error in calculating is probably more than the difference between the grades. It should be almost insignificant.
-
Fuel tank punctured and diesel stolen
Surely an insurance job.
-
Karoq tyre size
Don't know what effect it will have on road handling, but you will effectively increase the gear ratios. You will also change the accuracy of the speedo as, at the same road speed, you will get a speedo higher than the original. There may be issues with your insurance as well.
-
Steering wheel control not working with new android unit (xtrons TIB110L)
This kind of thread was very common on the C4 site. It was considered that the Halfords ones were a waste of money, the recommended type being Connects2. Don't know if they do one for Skodas.
-
MOT advisories (high level brake light, park brake) advice sought
Many people think that if something is fitted it must work to pass an MOT. This is not true. For instance, a rear wiper and washer doesn't need to work. There was a thread on the high level rear light on another forum. I'm not sure about whether a high level rear light is compulsory on a new car now, but it would appear that if a high level light has several bulbs/LEDs the car will fail an MOT if fewer than half ot the fitted bulbs/LEDs are not working. However if the light is not working att all it will pass bevcause it could be disconnected, and no further investigation by the tester is allowed. I'm not sure whether this makes any sense, but that is how it is.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Good news this morning. The car is in Emden. Just waiting for a ship, might take a bit longer due to fewer cars to fery. Then hopefully a short wait, depending on the availability of lorry drivers, so perhaps another 3 weeks. Oredered end of May, build week 28 or 29, (can't remember which), and I was expecting it mid-October. So timing looks about right.
-
I hope you are all being sensible about THE PETROL SHORTAGE!!
I hope I haven't misunderstood . Whoever think they arestake charging their car, heating or lighting their homes because the get their electricity from a green provider is mistaken. The green energy company may purchase their energy from a third pary who uses solar/wind power but once it is put into the grid with all of the other sources, what comes out at the user end is just electricity. We are all just as green as everyone else. If you look at some of the power ads on TV you woill see that they will frequently have disclaimers stating that the power comes from the grid, probably because their earlier adverts were misleading consumers thinking that they were claiming something that was patently impossible.
-
Code out brake lights on autohold?
This will depend on whether the lights are activated by microswitches on the brake pedal or by hydraulic pressure in the brakelines. Some brands of car have microswitches on the brake pedal which have two functions, 1: to operate the brakelights and, 2: to disengage cruise control. Failre can cause all sorts of apparently unrelated issues.
- I hope you are all being sensible about THE PETROL SHORTAGE!!
- I hope you are all being sensible about THE PETROL SHORTAGE!!
-
I hope you are all being sensible about THE PETROL SHORTAGE!!
There is no shortage of fuel! I had to get fuel this morning. Couldn't get near local Tesco's due to queueing, both for fuel and access to the shop, but I did get fuel at our local station which includes a conveniemnce store. So the issue there is that people queue for fuel, then when you get to the second pump behind another car you have to wait for ages due to the driver in front doing their shopping and getting Costa coffee.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Still waiting for news of my Edition. Build week 28 or 29. Latest from the chat end of last week is that it is still being built, and is in a queue for chips. Did you specify digital cockpit?
-
Aux to usb - Can it be done?
You could try something from here. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=iphone+to+headphone+jack&crid=1OMGZU4IHKO40&sprefix=iphone+to+%2Caps%2C172&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_4_10
-
Amundsen sat nav settings.
I shall be happy if that is true. I'm not a huge fan of motorways, autoroutes, autobahns etc, so I prefer to use N roads in France as we are now not tight for time. 50 mph seems stupidly slow on some of the wide flat roads we use.