Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Just taken delivery. First two questions.
Unfortunately my phone is too old to connect wirelessly.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
I don't know the timeline exactly. It was at Emden for a couple of weeks,next thing I know it is at the dealer. I'm not entirely sure why, but it took about 2 weeks to collection. Could be the salesman was on holiday. I was in no great rush. Perhaps I should have been, considering the issues I had with my old car. May well post later if i get things sorted to my satisfaction.
-
Just taken delivery. First two questions.
Thanks very much, one issue solved, 2 to go. I have a potential issue with the satnav, I live in Dorset, and on the journey home the satnav showed the correct area map, but for some odd reason, it displayed the position of 2 railway stations in Norfolk! I usually use Google Maps, but I can't connect my phone as I don't have any usb c cables. Some on order.
-
Just taken delivery. First two questions.
A third issue. The mirrors are supposed to dip in reverse. Dipping is activated in the menu, but the mirrors are not dipping. Am I missing something, or is it back to the dealer?
-
Just taken delivery. First two questions.
Hi, Just picked up our Edition this morning. A couple of things I can find out about. 1; I knew about the usb c sockets, and I have read on the forum that Skod provide usb c to usb adaptors. I don't seem to have any. Are they likely to be hidden around the car? 2; I have paired up my phone via bluetooth, but someone called Alexandru has previously paired an S10 Galaxy. Try as I might, I cannot find how to delete it. I'm assuming it's a Columbus system.Anyone able to help?
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Picked up our Edition this morning. Paid the price agreed back in May was the price I paid.
-
Seeing is believing...
Don'y forget that in the current climate the wheels/ tyres may well have been fitted several months ago.
-
KESSY Fun - Car Locked with Keys Inside
On another forum about 12 years ago, frequently people would ask how to get their car to chirp when locking. My reply then was that EU legislation made it illegal, and as far as I know it still is. I have heard some cars chirp, and I believe you can enable this through the menus on some Land Rover cars. It did annoy the heck out of me back in the late 80s, early 90s. A chap down the road had a car that chirped. He would come home late at night, lock the car, chirp, chirp. He would then unlock it. Chirp. He would then relock it Chirp, chirp. I asked someone why he wanted the car to chirp. It was to give confirmation that it locked. I did as, did he not watch the lights flash. It is not helped by TV companies who always dub a chirp when an actor locks his/her car, it makes many people think that it is normal/legal.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Emden is on the north/eastside of the river Ems, netherlands on the south/west side
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Unusual! I thought that they went through Emden, which is in Germany.
-
kodiaq warning saying "Caution Engine Running"
My cars both do that as well. One is opening the door when the engine has auto-stopped. The other actually requires you to get out of the car and take your key with you. .
-
kodiaq warning saying "Caution Engine Running"
My current cars are a different marque. On both of them, when s/s has stopped the engine and you open a door, instead of a warning like this the engine immediadly restarts.
-
Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?
Many people have been trying to get info from Customer Services via Chat, but they have been saying that the system is down for about 5 weeks. Don't know whether it is now working again.
-
Strange rear traction noise/reasoning when turn
No, it is the rear unit which engages the 4 wheel drive.
-
7 seater space-saver installation
My daughter bought a used Capture with no spare wheel. It is £250 when supplied, and I asked about having one supplied for her used car. Salesman told me the aftermarket price from Renault is over £600 (bs?). I got one (new unused) from ebay for ~£170. I have just looked up the Kodiq on Carwow to find a price. They only list SE Standard, SE 7 Seat and SE-L. The SE standard appears to have a steel space saver, the 7 seater SE and SE=L don't appear to have one available at all. No other versions listed. Just checked my Karoq order, I'm paying £155. The Karoq doesn't seem to be available on Carwow at all!
-
Can I change from 18" wheels to 16" wheels?
I am always interested in discussions on tyres. I'm surprised that the info on the car is pretty non-specific. I've just checked on our 2 (non-Skoda) cars and the info is very specific and refers to the wheels and tyres as originally factory fitted, including diameter, width, aspect ratio, load index and speed rating. Both of the tyre sizes quoted in the post above are standard load rating, the 16" are available as 92 and 96 load index, and the 18" as 89 and 93. So assuming equal loads front and back, the 16" tyres can support 2524 or 2840kg, the 18" 2320 or 2600kg. So I would suggest that the 16" tyres are standard 92s, and 18" are 93 Extra loads. This may explain why the pressures are the same. Odd that the 17" tyres have the same pressures for lighter loads, but slightly softer for heavier loads. I haven't bothered looking more closely at the 17" numbers.
-
What have you done to your Karoq today?
I'm surprised that they will mend a puncture in the sidewall.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Still may be able to as they only need the dealer and your name. They should be able to track from that. When I first got in touch with them I only had the dealer order number, not the factory order number. But they tracked it down, and I now have both numbers.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
You could try the Skoda chat on the website. They were quite helpful until their system 'went down' about 3-4 weeks ago. As mine is at the dealers I haven't tried recently, but it may be up again now.
-
"Eco" tyre pressures
I a Simple. 16" or 17" wheels for the rows, and in each case the left figure is the front tyres, the right the rrears. I do get concerned when people talk about tyre pressures without ensuring that they are referring to the same size. Obviously in this case it doesn't matter, but on some types of cars there are various diameters, widths and aspect ratios used, and sometimes extra load or non extra load, and these may have very different pressures.
-
Air conditioning unit retrofit.
This question has been frequently asked on another manufacture forum. The consensus there is that the flaps and controls in an aircon system are mechanically controlled, and in a climate system they are controlled electrically so not only will you need the controls, the flap motors, and to be able to integrate the electric control with the car's system. The cost would be considerable. The usual advice is to sell the car and buy one with climate control fitted.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Edition 1.5 Tsi manual, Velvet Red, spare wheel, Auto light and high beam, door sill scuff plates, virtual cockpit, virtual boot pedal, acc.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Just had a message from our dealer. Week 28 or 29 build week car has arrived at dealer. Arranged pick-up on 29th October. Not really sure why it is going to take so long, but at least I now know when to dispose of my current car.
-
Heated mirrors
Am I wrong to assume that if the mirrors aren't heated there wouldn't be a switch?
-
Real world mpg for the 1.5 engine?
Please all bear in mind that the computer figures generated on any car are only estimates, and in many cases can be significantly out. We had one car that claimed low 60s, but in reality was only mid 50s. This particular car had a 'fuel used' function. When I went to fill the computer said it had used 10 gallons but it always took 11 gallons to fill. On my current cars, two tankfuls which give an identical computer reading actually turn out to be significantly different when calculated from the fuel added. However the mpg is measured and calculated it is almost impossible to get an accurate figure, apart from meticulous record keeping over a significant period of time. And you are still limited by the accuracy of the number of miles travelled.