Everything posted by NottsIan
- Karoq 1.5TSI stalling
-
Stop/Start curious behaviour on 2.0 TSI
That doesnt seem to work on later (sometime in 2024 onwards) vehicles. Certainly doesnt on my Aug 2024 build!.
- Karoq 1.5TSI stalling
-
Problem with KESSY key after battery replacement
I believe the non-Kessy keys use CR2025 and the Kessy ones CR2032. I replaced batteries in both of the Kessy keys on my previous MY2021 Karoq. Used Panasonic batteries bought on Amazon. Both times just removed old battery & replaced with new one, worked fine. Only difficulty is getting the fob open in the first place!. Haven't had to replace any on current car yet (that's tempting fate!) , which reminds me, need to put spare battery in wallet!
-
2022 Karoq - unable to get correct rear wiper replacement
@Piescoffer attached photos of my wiper arm and blade. You might want to read through this thread https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/517703-correct-rear-wiper-for-karoq-sportline-2023/ Although most supplier reference data seems to think the change happened in 2023 it seems it actually happened earlier ( maybe 2021 ? ) Here's the ebay link from which I got mine https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/335015979801 and it says its compatible with the OEM 565955425B referred to above TBH unless they've magically improved over the last year , I wouldnt go anywhere near the OEM ones. On my previous Karoq I replaced the front ones after two weeks, they were awful. On this car, I just replaced the originals with the 3 year old Bosch ones!. I never bothered to replace the rear on the old car but it was terrible on this one and so it too had to be replaced within a few days edit: just looking at this other thread https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/523328-wiper-blades/#comment-5857130 There's a photo of the two blades together , the A335H above and the A331H below Hope that helps
-
2022 Karoq - unable to get correct rear wiper replacement
If you'd like to wait till tomorrow, I'll go and photo the one on my car
-
2022 Karoq - unable to get correct rear wiper replacement
Check my post above £10.55 on ebay
-
2022 Karoq - unable to get correct rear wiper replacement
I got a replacement for my 2024 karoq, it was the A335H
-
Android Auto wireless
I'm fairly sure that's a MIB2 system which I believe didn't support Wireless Android auto. Even if it did, in my experience with my MY21 Karoq with an early MIB3 system, wireless AA was pretty ropey! My current MY24 system is much better! As @Rbz5416 says , to get wireless , you would likely need an adaptor
-
SOS System (Again and again and again)
Mine would be fine for weeks and then go into the frequent failure mode! Its final episode was last October, a few days before I was due to collect the new one. Was on holiday in the wilds of Norfolk for a week. SOS was in failure mode for most of the week. Fortunately it sorted itself out on the trip back. Told the dealer who was taking it in P/Ex that it occasionally had the SOS fault, but they didnt seem concerned...
-
SOS System (Again and again and again)
No, I replaced the car 😀
-
SOS System (Again and again and again)
If its anything like my old MY21 car, its not an SOS alarm as such, its just the SOS system reporting that it's not available! Mine was fine for the first year and would then periodically go into the 'failed' mode and put on the red light and warning message in the dash. My conclusion was that it was a combination of the battery in the SOS unit not being fully charged and being in an area of reduced mobile signal. I never quite got around to taking it back to a dealer, every time I was about to, it would sort itself out!
-
Karoq pictures
Varioflex seats were dropped from the spec sometime in 24. My Oct one ( built late Aug / early Sept ) doesn't have them
-
New car time!
My 74 reg SE-L still has the storage box and the badge on the steering wheel. I think it was built mid to late Aug 74. It was already in transit when I ordered it mid Sept.
-
New car time!
I assume the 'bread' was a typo and should have been 'brake' The answer is if ACC applies the brake to slow down rapidly , then yes the lights will be on. If it only uses engine braking to slow down gradually then no
-
New car time!
Could there be a configuration setting for ACC that selects the limit from signage, but even so if you’d set the ACC to 60 on a motorway surely it shouldn’t then choose 70 from a road sign? Its called Predictive Adaptive Cruise Control google 'predictive adaptive cruise control skoda'
-
New Karoq Recruit
It must be something blatantly obvious that I am missing, Yes, just forget about the built-in Nav and use Google Maps or Waze via Android auto or Carplay
-
Karoq wheel change?
Have a look at your tyre pressure sticker (either on inside of fuel flap, or on inside of front door jam, drivers or passenger side) Its now on inside of rear driver side door jam, and it does give pressures for multiple wheel/tyre sizes
-
iPhone 16 issues
I think Apple were forced to use USB C on the 16 , EU standards
-
1.5tsi DSG little squeal occasionally when "lightly" accelerating from a junction
Am I right in saying that the car doesn't have an accessory belt that is seperate from the main cambelt? I thought the accessory belt WAS separate from the cambelt.
-
Changing alloys Karoq 2024 se-L
I have an 2024 SEL and TBH dont find the 18" on Bridgestones a problem!. The recommended ECO tyre pressures do seem a bit high at 2.5bar, whereas my previous 2021 was 2.1bar. I tend to run mine at around 2.3 to 2.4.
-
MIB3 and USB sticks. Forgetting what it is playing
I wouldn't want to put a 'downer' here but having spent a lifetime in IT Since they’ve been telling me for a long time that no one else has reported this problem? That's fob-off stage 1 We have forwarded your case to our development team for further analysis. As soon as we have more information, we will contact you. Thank you for your cooperation. I'm afraid that's fob off stage 2 If you have the strength to persist, then fob off stage 3 is usually We're expecting a firmware update in the near (sic) future, lets see if that fixes it. Of course, it won't but by that time they hope you'll have given up and forgotten all about it! If not they will return to Stage 2, they'd really like to return to Stage 1 but that's a bit tricky since they've sort of admitted the existence of the problem in the past by going to Stage 2!
-
Front Assist
The 'manoeuvre' braking or whatever its called does operate at slow speed. On my previous 2021 Karoq I had it operate twice in more or less the same spot in the three years I owned it!. I was exiting a car park i use almost every week, turning left at low speed. There was no other traffic in sight but the car obviously thought it 'spotted' something! There was an alarm from the driver information system and the car braked to an instant halt with the ABS operating!. Very disconcerting the first time it happens, not so much the second🙂
-
Maintaining battery while car is not driven for 4 weeks
Dont know about the Karoq but often the 12v sockets have a 'delay' whereby they are only live for a period after the ignition is off. In that case there must be some electronics in the circuit.
-
Rear blind holder removal
Try this https://digital-manual.skoda-auto.com/w/en_GB/show/9cb6893f5a614f7126dff7d6f355c99f_2_en_GB?ct=b25816ccafe19101ac1445254dde2abb_2_en_GB#titled44793882e202773