Skip to content

Crucian

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Crucian

  1. Polybush units fitted (it's highlighted I need to treat the surface rust on the sub frames), d/s old one was well worn (You can't see in situ the wear for the plastic shields/spacers)
  2. Hello and welcome Any additional info ?
  3. As you say "use them" Simply apply the brakes with pressure as you approach your final destination in the last say 1/2 mile
  4. +1 for dry them before parking up
  5. I've decided to go Powerflex (easier to install than OEM) Getting fitted this coming Friday
  6. On my fabia I had to un rivet the front door speakers, remove them, install rivnuts in the rivet holes, re seal (tiger seal) and refit the speakers. this solved the issue for me
  7. My 2014 fabia 1.4 stage 1 vrs (200 bhp) is extremely sensitive to wearing /worn plugs, I have taken to renewing plugs every 12 months to avoid taking out a coil
  8. Don't skimp on maintenance
  9. I can get 40 mpg utilising lift and coast and free wheeling when safe to do so, cruise control does not get anywhere near these figures (2014 Fabia 1.4 tsi VRS) it will be helped as I use 99 ron fuel If I drive in a spirited manor I can get it circa 17mpg 😅
  10. Rivets drilled out, anti corrosion paint applied and appropriate self tappers used. You can private message via this forum. There's no further info I can give
  11. @Brad8888 Yes it completely resolved the issue 👍
  12. Crucian replied to Hinty's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Welcome, loads of good knowledge on the forums
  13. Hi all, 2014 fabia vrs. Starting to get together the parts needed to change my rear sub frame bushes (see image below) is there anything else I should look at / change while doing the work (new shocks and springs done last year) Ay assistance welcomed
  14. Hello and welcome, plenty of learned members on the forums to assist 🙂
  15. As the title. After all the wet salty roads I'll be cleaning the underside of my Fabia in the spring, what is the best dry lubricant I can spray on the handbrake cables and linkages ? I don't want a grease as it holds grit etc Any recommendations welcomed
  16. @markob Thanks for the resolution feedback
  17. +1 for @Warrior193's reply
  18. Hello and welcome, I run a 2014 fabia, There's plenty of knowledgeable people on the forums
  19. Just driven the same route taking the grandkids home, they seem to have been resolved 🙂
  20. In the space of a 3 mile drive there were 2 disabled EVs in the road 1 a 2025 big jag suv and the other some sort of BYD. External temps are 1.5 degrees so I'm assuming the drivers had been caught out by the drastic range reduction in cold weather, the Jag was being assisted by a "Roadvolt" van as I passed it on the return trip. Hope they get sorted before it gets and colder / dark
  21. Err give it a good tug !! (the ashtray) hopefully the previous owner didn't glue it in.
  22. Hi and welcome, Plenty of knowledgeable people on these forums
  23. I now have a groan on d/s rear suspension when negotiating speed bumps, is the solution as simple as lubricating the upper and lower mounting (shocks etc are only 18 months old) ?
  24. Anyone use a decent WIFI/Bluetooth battery monitor (20m range) On these long winter nights I like to monitor both vehicle batteries and my shed solar battery, I have tried some cheapy units but they only have 5m range so I'm unable to monitor remotely from indoors

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.