Everything posted by Stonekeeper
-
It's arrived!
- the truth about electric cars
Would be the safest way, It isn't safe to look at the Sun without special glasses- Using indicators occasionally causes windscreen wipers to activate, any ideas ?
- Using indicators occasionally causes windscreen wipers to activate, any ideas ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/206441044165?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5339155387&toolid=10044&_trkparms=ispr=1&amdata=enc:1-SNO2VqiQf6i2XF2AfIemg11&ff=11&customid=Cj0KCQjwkOvTBhDgARIsAKUNyRvHndKYVHXXsg-6jzi1vHnfTq9SII-XCUZLhyImArt8O-Xe1k-zBmAaAvLjEALw_wcB&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkOvTBhDgARIsAKUNyRvHndKYVHXXsg-6jzi1vHnfTq9SII-XCUZLhyImArt8O-Xe1k-zBmAaAvLjEALw_wcB Appears to be one unit Check the item description to confirm this fits your vehicle- Using indicators occasionally causes windscreen wipers to activate, any ideas ?
- Still diluting oil!!!!!!!
It's one of the annoyances with most automotive forums. When someone posts a problem for help but then never returns to say what the solution was.- Tire pressure value can not be seen on central infotainment display
I can totally understand why you want to do it. I'm a bit of a sucker for all the latest bells and whistles myself, and if there's a way of making the car do something that a higher-spec model does, I'm usually the first to start wondering how it can be done! 😄 Having looked at what would potentially be involved with the Mk4 though, I'm not sure I'd actually go ahead with this one. The thing is, what you've already got isn't really a "lesser" TPMS system in terms of what it's there to do. It uses the ABS/wheel-speed sensors to monitor for a loss of pressure and, if it detects one, it tells you about it. So the important bit — knowing you've got a tyre that's losing pressure — is already covered. To get the actual numbers on the screen, you're potentially looking at four direct TPMS sensors, a receiver and possibly another module/wiring, plus fitting, coding etc. And then, at some point down the line, you've got four little batteries in the wheels that are going to run out and need dealing with. All of that just to change the information from: "There's a problem with this tyre" to: "This tyre is currently at 2.1 bar." And I completely get why you'd want the second one! 😂 It's just that I'm not sure I'd want to spend potentially quite a bit of money and introduce extra hardware into an otherwise perfectly happy car purely to get that information. A decent digital pressure gauge will give you the actual figures whenever you want them, and you can check all four tyres in a couple of minutes before a long journey. If I'd been speccing the car from new and direct TPMS was an option, I'd definitely have ticked the box. But as a retrofit, I'd probably put this one in the "nice to have" column and keep it on the bucket list for the next car. Then when the next Superb comes along, you can tick the box for direct TPMS from the factory or make sure thee used car has it and enjoy watching all four pressures appear on the screen without having to retrofit half the car to make it happen! 😁 That's just my take on it though — if seeing those four numbers on the OEM screen every time you get in the car is going to make you happy, then I completely understand why you'd want to do it. Sometimes that's reason enough!- Cost of Kamiq service - year 2
If you intend to use Skoda main dealer 2 services have plans. Monthly payments with zero interest . They also have an all in plan form year three https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/service-plans/skoda.html?traci_c=UK|SI|GA|PM|SKODA:DM-P:&traci_s=SI:SKODA:SEA:Google:PerformanceMaxAd:2024-12:&traci_ee=22041507480::::::&traci_t=:::&s_kwcid=AL!10901!3!!!!x!!&gad_source=1&gad_campaignid=22051408243&gclid=CjwKCAjwyuDTBhB-EiwANCQhLCkFGobbhgE7ZfHM_hd8s4Q2bcibzWXgUH6bN2ly46HTm2MZD08GDBoCDL8QAvD_BwE- Start/Stop ERROR on screen, mechanic suggest Injector
That suggests it isn't a "glitch". Given the circumstances that you are "abroad", i think you should probably listen to the mechanic with the diagnostic tool. Your car must be at least ten year old so if this is the first injector that's not bad. What mileage has it done- Start/Stop ERROR on screen, mechanic suggest Injector
After you explained to him that the car has been sat for three months did he clear the code to see if it returned?- the truth about electric cars
Kia ev4 march 26 £25,500 inc fees- "WE BUY ANY CAR"
If you have not entered your reg in their website at anytime in the past it may not be them?- Dash cam
A piggyback fuse holder on the 12v power socket fuse is probably the best place, I would think a very low risk of voiding the warranty, it would have to be proven that what you did caused the malfunction.- TMC traffic events no longer being received...firmware update required?
I don't think it was even installed in cars after 2018, cars had esims by then with the sos button so other methods using TPEG internet services where available and New buyers got access for the warranty periods?- TMC traffic events no longer being received...firmware update required?
The industry found a way to make us have to pay subscriptions? No such thing as a free lunch?- 12 Evs that could be bargains
As long as they suit the circumstances the buyer has to address. Created by AI? and the link starts at the list but the whole thing is an interesting and pretty accurate reflection of the market. Particularly the bit where depreciation is addressed relative to the actual prices paid for new vehicles.- Skoda approved purchase, but only had one key. Full refund?
I think that was the opportunity to reject the vehicle, or at least get it recorded in the paperwork that they would either forward it on when found or get you another. Once you have accepted one key it is difficult to complain, unless there is something wrong with the car.- self locking
I don't think it should. Similar thread here- self locking
Not sure about the first locking but all subsequent lockings where because you unlocked it but didn't open the door.- the truth about electric cars
Will this scenario work getting two people, two suitcases, Dog plus food and a mobility scooter from Lancashire to Devon?- the truth about electric cars
Remember this story from 2024 https://news.sky.com/story/man-jailed-after-falsely-claiming-electric-car-was-out-of-control-on-motorway-13569458- Tire pressure value can not be seen on central infotainment display
Works if the tyres are though 🤣- the truth about electric cars
They should do it again starting at a Gridserve or Applegreen charger- Got Locked Inside My Car - “Key Not Recognised”!
I used to have a dog that would lock the back doors, when they had a button to push down- Got Locked Inside My Car - “Key Not Recognised”!
- the truth about electric cars
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.