Everything posted by leolito
-
2024 Mk3.5 2.0TSi L&K or 2024 Mk4 1.5eTSi SEL ?
As the man said, opinions are personal, but I do not consider the III interior dated. And just the fact that I can push a button and also set a function on the screen is a double bonus. I do not like the IV interior, I am not a fan of TV screens in the dashboard, otherwise I would be loving Musk's creatures, which I don't exactly for that reason. DCC is a very useful feature, heated screen same but this depends where you are. The power ... well, to each its own, but the only time in my almost 30 years of driving that I felt I had "too much power" and less was better, was when driving a nearly 50hp enduro KTM during my wild dirt track period. The Superb is a large, heavy car .... and most times, Jeremy is right!
-
What size wheels/tyres will fit to Superb III
This man needs a SPECIAL mention, sort of an "Oscar to the tire/rim knowledge and dedication" to explain in simple words complex variables ... chapeau! π
-
DSG7 DQ381 coasting
I think you got too many variables mixing up ... try some experiments. For example: start stop is great but not for the case you are mentioning, or in heavy but not stand-still traffic. The constant stop and go is not kind on some parts, and is annoying. I use SS by default "on", but often I turn it off in such cases, same as the autohold. This way you can control better the car's behaviour, car can't "see" around you the way you are. Set SS to "off" as a test, and drive in the same situations without the engine cutting out and restart, and see what happens. Samewise, the DSG has a mind of its own when gearing down/resuming from either start-stop of near idle conditions, neverming coasting. In parallel with the above and/or separated, put the DSG on "manual" and remove another variable. LAst but not least, to make sure are not the brakes, you can simulate the same situation in a slow-speed to near-still condition, without the speed bump as an additional variable. Last but not least, not my intention to sound patronizing or wanting to teach grandma to suck eggs, but is not advisable to apply brakes, or keep applying them, when suspension is on a stressed condition, being a pothole, a speed bump, or any other similar condition. I am not talking emergency braking, just on the normal driving. This is a way to add stress to a number of components, best avoided. Last but not least, I noticed not only FL cars go "eco" also in Normal mode when light driving is in use, and also you can bring the car out of "coasting" by tapping the left (downshift) paddle. This does not slow down the car as tapping the brakes, merely inserts back the gear it was in before de coasting, allowing to control road speed by engine braking. It took me a while to understand this, I am not so fond of coasting in some conditions...sometimes is better the engine to brake, but unfortunately coasting is not really "selectable". Pity.
-
Heating Issue
Sorry on weekends I am usually "off" to other engagements ... yes, with the DSG you can go manual and lower the gears used. The idea is that to higher engine speed correspond higher coolant flow and this migh go above the usual "blockade" of a defective heather matrix. For parts, hope someone else will chime in, and usually yes, heater matrix replacement is a dashboard out job, pretty .... involving βΉοΈ
- Boot locking Problem
-
Heating Issue
No, the aux heater or pump should help in the initial phases, when the engine is cold, but once you get to temp, then its contribution its marginal. If you are sure motors/flaps are operating correctly, by manually moving them in all directions, then it could be really the matrix. A simple test, bring the car to engine operating temp and do a small stretch of road with the car at slow engine speed, and feeling this "coldish" air out of the vents, then without changing anything, increase engine speed - for example, go down 1-2 gears - so that at all other equal conditions, engine has to rev more .... if in that moment you do fee warmer air, then it is the matrix.
-
Superb estate boot issue
i had this problem on a suv at the dealer when I was in sales, car had had a small touch in the rear and the tailgate must have misaligned with the lock. Try when is up, to "wiggle it" a little from side to side and see if it locks properly. If not you might need to look into adjusting the latch, although it would be strange to "come loose", is not impossible. I had this happening on a 307SW many years ago ... the rattling waiting for the appointment to the dealer was hideous π
-
Rubber v carpet vote...update as controversial mat debate rolls on!
Rubber forever. I live in a dirty country, plus snow as well .... Great idea the vents, me will look for them also.
-
2023 Superb vs 2016 Superb
That should be the audio amp if you have the Canton system, at least this is what the underside of my driver's seat looks like. I agree with the confusion above, I was referring to the auxiliary heater unit produced by Webasto and mounted on many cars as an additional accessory, and which allows independet heating of the engine and cabin by means of a timer, or remote.
-
Looking to get a more comfortable ride
I live in a place where the roads are crap by definition, so if you look at my posts I have written extensively about pluses and minuses of my first months with 19s and my current months with 17s. I am now going for 18s for the summer set.
-
17β³ wheels for superb combi
I am going 18s, my car came with 19s and I used a set of Stratos 17s with 225/55. I've noticed like Bap above, a more "vague" steering and more plumpy braking, which was offset by a far more plush ride, without so many harsh reactions to uneven roads. After a gazillion euros spent on metal for the wheels, my advice is to stick to OE rims, and if you want to go aftermarket, keep the darn things even if you have no east storage. When you sell the car, will be generally easier if it has its original components.
-
2023 Superb vs 2016 Superb
The DSG mapping on mine is really quickly going to the n.1 bother, I drive most of the time in sport or manual, otherwise is really bothering, keeping the engine continously under the ideal boost band, and forcing the driver to apply brakes more than necessarily, since you have no engine brake. Truly an idiotic programming, which surely passed emissions/consumption tests with flying colours ... The aux heater should be indicated with a sign on the center console to activate manually when desired, or it is found int he infotainment under "heating", or there should be a separate remote to activate it. Obviously there are cases in which will not run (battery voltage, temperature, ecc.).
-
data transfer notification
That sounds ominous ... woman can track you too then? π
-
Change Units in virtual dash
I can try to do that, if somebody tells me how, sometime after Wed when I am again around the car.
-
Dogbone
Noted and ready!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
That is a good plan!
-
Superb Mk3 Mudflaps/Sprayflaps
Maybe not relevant to this discussion, but the oly drawback to the original ones is that the hard plastic prevents sometimes parking on very uneven surfaces, due to the relative little height of the car. This is not something affecting most of the people anyway.... But obviously if you insist, or not pay attention, will rip one of more of them away.
- Superb Mk3 Mudflaps/Sprayflaps
-
VCDS options on Superb III.FL
Apparently does not seem possible on FL, or nobody has found a way yet.
-
Alcantara sports seats, are the sides leather?
I stopped using denim on leather years ago, especially as I have a knack for light interiors, most of my past and present rides are such.
-
Alcantara sports seats, are the sides leather?
Interesting .... so to preserve if is paramount to use proper leather care products, all compatible with PU leather? If the clearcoat goes, it is paintable again? I've had had interiors remade by a leather treatment company, mxed results, mostly good, but then some were very difficult to rejuvenate ...
-
Few questions regarding a used Superb (including 1.5 vs 2.0 TSI and mpg question)
I believe all TSIs are chain-driven, not belt. I would not consider a 1.5 engine on such as large car as the Superb, one of the reasons for abandoning the PHEV option. There are several posts about retrofitting towbars, from the OE and recode the car to aftermarket. It tows well.
-
Cold air breeze in OBD socket area
Tomorrow I am using the "other" car ... will try to remember for Sunday
-
Dogbone
Yeah, actually I follow you faithfully like a little pup, because I know I might get into some of this later! Luckily for me, I am on reduced rations until I free some availability once I sell some stuff ... so for now I am gathering info βΊοΈ
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
What nice anecdotes! Graham, Colin, it is a pleasure to read and let me mind wonder and wander about those things ... That Vanden Plas, looks magnificent! Years before I was born, my mom recalls my granpa had an Argentinian-built Siam DiTella, which I came to understand later on it was a licensed Riley, which looks very similar to the VP in the photo.... nice link on the facility. The Isetta was Italian stroke of genius ... great little car. Today fairly out of place. Incidentally, there is an electric car called Microlino which is very based on the Isetta. A friend that has an electric car showroom has a couple on display, and it feels really like a toy of a different age. Unfortunately, the quality is very very low. Already bits and pieces of the trim are broken and awaiting replacement, and today when I quipped "when do we go for a ride" he answered "when I get it to work, some software is failing" Oh well