Skip to content

leolito

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by leolito

  1. Yeah, I got you ... is just that you remind me of the mentioning 'ceramic', also because before fitting this product, the glass must be superclean and degreased, the entire application takes couple hours is not just "open and apply". I would recommend such type of products to everyone, I've fitted them to all my stuff.
  2. i think you are in the moment to change ...
  3. I also noticed when Waze is on, the screen defaults to "normal navigation", while Waze is shown on the main display. Camarao (which I assume is Camaro, as in'69 😁) that looks brilliant! Sounds gibberish to me, what cool though!
  4. I am not aware of any difference in the fill-up procedure, I would go slow and steady until cold fill, then start it up to have the engine water pump displace the liquid from the reservoir, so stop and fill up again, and do this one more time. Then run it to operating temp, an eye on the gauge, and eye on the level, and the ear to hear the fan(s), and watch all is fine. Leave it overnight and check cold level the morning after. You might want to check the level every time for the next few days, is good practice. Remember to leave the heater on max heat/full so the matrix also fills up. Some engines like my beloved Rover V8 are a pain to fill to level properly, sometimes it takes me a few days and more than one top-up ....
  5. Even after all these years, I still feel variable servicing is BS... I second that, I remain old school and at regular intervals, time or km, depending on use. I know - and work regularly - with at least a dozen independent workshop who hold up the BS sign at this, at least half of these rebuilt several engines an year ... I trust their judgment way more than a commercial gimmick - from the manufacturer, nonetheless! The flexible service regime is recommended for vehicles with a daily mileage of more than 25 miles where the vehicle is driven regularly and mainly at a constant speed with minimum vehicle and engine loading, minimal towing and driven in an economical manner Who drives like this? 🤣 This said, mine is on variable and the dealer won't change it, but still wants me to make an oil change at no more that 15k km/1 year ... I actually slipped through the cracks and made one interim change at 10k km ... I can't wait until is out of warranty and get rid of the official schedule ... and go stage 1 of course 😁
  6. When cleaning inside, wipe left to right (matches the old heated rear screen element); when cleaning outside, wipe up and down. When you see streaks or marks, you know instantly which side of the glass its on. This is so frikin brilliant in its simplicity, I wonder how I never heard of it ... glorious! Cleaners including ceramics: These are starting to become more common but, imho, they're a bit of a fallacy. The glass needs to be clean to use these; they're not a cleaner as such, a bit of cleaning power but moreso a way of giving the glass a hydrophobic effect. I've used a couple with largely disappointing results. Effectively, get the glass clean using a proper product, then use one of these for a final effect if desired. My detailing guy has some German product, which looks like a tablet for the dishwasher, that breaks up and leaves some "ceramic film" or so it is, is hard to translate, which makes the water literally "wash away" ... much more safe for use in winter, rain simply flies off, and minimizes wiper usage.
  7. I think something is rubbing or hitting with the winding mechanism. Ideally, it would be good to remove the door card, reconnect the switches, and try again to pinpoint the exact poin of origin.
  8. Always worth remembering that tyres are generally harder when cold, so buying all season tyres instead of summer will usually give more comfortable ride (except when hot in mid summer) This is dependant on the brand/tire type, however, is not a rule. Unfortunately is hard to assess so clear info is not available,easily, only experience. In mine for example, the Dunlop Sportmaxxx are "soft (also sidewall)" tires, which is good and bad. I'm not against all-season tyres at all but I imagine less caution is often taken by drivers in warmer weather than cooler or cold weather. I am not "against" all-seasons, but I am wary of mounting all-year tires on a high-perfomance car, especially after a couple of season cycles, and thus stick to the double set. But then, where I live we got a "real" winter, with extremely slippery and snowy conditions. An all-season is bound to fail earlier, and failure when talking tires often offsets the price of the rubber itself 🙃
  9. Yes indeed! To drive too much in "granny mode" I think you are mostly lugging the engine and stressing drivetrain and brakes .... I cannot imagine how much of a fuel consumption difference it can make the fact that on eco ancillaries like the AC are working at minimal power, bit I suspect is negigible.... I am now driving mostly in Sport with the occasional manual "nudge" when the DSG is slow to upshift, and I have not noticed any meaningful variation in MPG. Which I assume as the engine like more the 1.5 to 2k RPM range than the 1.1k/1.5k RPM range usually promoted by the "eco" driving, and the engine braking on downshift versus the "coasting" and just wasting brake components ....
  10. uhm ... if you can get your hands on some angled pliers, they might to the trick
  11. Yes, error in the sensor gives you a good way to start. I do not know where is physically located, but for sure is behind the front bumper, in a place covered from air/wind action. Rarely is accessible ... we need someone who has done it, search topics of modding/projects in the projects section, there are several cars with the bumper off, as a reference!
  12. I've did it as above and 225/55 on the Superb seem a very reasonable choice. No probs. Obviously I cannot compare with 215/55 as last time I used that size was on a different car, a gazillion years ago. Also very very important to pay attention to what Carlston wrote above about stiffness provided by different speed/weight ratings. Most people stop at the size and/or thread type, but the key is in the carcass of the tire itself! Unfortunately the move by several manufacturers is to push for a hard/heavy tire, even when there was no need because either the model/car does not have the power to run them, or the overall weight to justify them. And finally, only real experience can tell if one tire is 'stiffer' than another ... I see sometimes this mentioned in reviews, but seldom.
  13. Keeping partially to the subject, are normal 'window' cleaners like the ones mentioned here equally good on tinted windows? How does the film react to the cleaner? I've asked people that tint windows here but I did not get meaningful answers ..
  14. Thanks! I will show again how it looks once the entire car gets treated.
  15. If you have access to some diagnostics, failure of the sensor could be an information you'll get.
  16. I cannot talk specifically for the iV, but from experience with the womanmobile which is hybrid, I was suggested by my workshop - ex-Toyota dealer employees - to keep always the main drive battery as charged as possible before long stays.
  17. Is the noise going away when someone is seated there? It could be the latch a bit loose, or also just the plastic on the side of the seat coming loose. Try put some silicon spray in the gaps and see if the rattle quietens or dies.
  18. Couldn't agree more with the above ... is very gratifying to use the services of a good professional, that likes and knows the difficult job to keep a car's cosmetic appereance top-shape. Which is not only for looks, but a good detailing also protects the "skin" and makes dirt removal easier. And sometimes, it can provide fantastic opportunities! I gave this week the Superb to my guy, to give it a long needed clean up of the interior. I have materials and tools to do it, but is like 5 degress and is not the moment ... I go pick it up and we are discussing the next steps for bodywork, which I mentioned I will hold to do anything, as I have a door scratched and a side keyed over and I am arranging with the insurance for paint, and he claims "this? this I can buff it out! do not bother with paintshop, you know well ...." I expressed disbelief, so he pulled out one of his Makitas and says "I will pass only one type on this section to show you" I wil make it short ... I need to talk to my insurance guy to rediscuss the need to repaint the sides, which is not a need any longer! The less my car(s) see the workshop, the better I do feel. Then people talk about how useless is to polishing up a car ... Hope is can be seen the "buffed out" section, towards the right side of the photo, rear door
  19. Priceless information. Another nudge towards the abyss ... 😁
  20. To partially complement th comment of Occy above, my DSG sometimes 'jerks' or as I said, loses its attention and needs a moment to catch the right gear. BUT - this is wiithout grinding noises or clunks/thuds. The occasional 'bump' is noiseless. I support the idea to have it looked at. Thanks to all the comments above, will get to it in the next few days,thanks!
  21. Very likely the car has never seen a 'detailing job' in its life yet, so you could work around a good polishing session with all the bells and whistles, and your car will be reborn! Tilt, I agree, that is why I always put emphasis on "Assist". People should not let the cars drive themselves, is too unpredicable and thus dangerous. When the day will come we will be like San Angeles in 'Demolition Man', then will see...
  22. Before the winter finishes, here it is with the 225/55 on Stratos.
  23. Lane Assist is not a gimmick, it is a useful feature and a safety aid as well. BUT it works "well" only in combination with a near perfect infrastracture that contemplates: proper road lane markings; proper and even road surfaces, without uneven imperfections, patches/repairs, steps, and the such; absence of potholes, not-leveled to the surface manholes, tears/cracks in the surface; arranged and disciplined traffic, with proper and manageable traffic flow, and drivers which possess a calm and predictable behavior; well marked and arranged traffic direction, for example proper lane change flows to allow merging/unmerging smoothly and predictably, without danger/conflict to other drivers. Considering the general lack of attention to these factors, is not suprising system gets turned off by most people .... the day we will have a decent - at least - road infrastructure solving the items above, we may consider Lane Assist not a bother, but the useful aid it is - or supposed to be 😉 I have used it maybe 10% of my time spent behind the wheel so far, as it is a bother considering all the above ....
  24. I've tried with both VCDS and OBD11 and failed, I cannot find the darn "sailing_off" option in the adaptation list. Very frustrating. I need to extract my screens and see where I am not seeing what probably is in front of my eyes ....
  25. Ah I forgot, from experience - don't use the rims as a decision factor to buy or not to buy a car! These are replaceable, and is a marginal expense compared to the entire cost of a car ....

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.