Skip to content

scotthugh3s

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scotthugh3s

  1. I would suggest charging your 12V battery before anything else, once done clear the code then take the car out on a (decent) run. If it comes back after that then it'll need further investigation...
  2. Ever heard the phrase "if it's not broke, don't fix it" ?
  3. Are people not still experiencing issues with it though? I stuck with 1985 due to the problems it seemed to be causing when it was released
  4. Ah right, do you mean the facelift? God knows, mine is 2021 Octavia IV
  5. There's a package available from the Skoda website somewhere, sorry, I don't have a link, but it'll be on this forum somewhere, search for map updates cos they're grouped together on Skoda's site. Then you'll need a memory card and to manually update them in your car, not entirely sure of an procedure but remember looking through it once then deciding it wasn't really worth the hassle. Sometimes my logos don't show when I know for a fact that I have them as occasionally they do, dunno what the problem is with that tbh but doubt Skoda really care
  6. It's always been an issue of sorts on Octavia IV I believe. You can manually add them, but it's not easy / not worth the hassle.
  7. I don't have the toggle switch... 🤔
  8. Quick question, how do you unlock it with the app? Mine once locked with the key inside, I changed the battery in it and thankfully it didn't happen again. I had no idea you could unlock it with the app though so had to find another means of getting home to get my spare key then go back for my car 🤬
  9. This is a major reason I opted for a manual over a DSG. Best thing I can suggest would be to have it done yourself once you purchase the car, although ideally you don't really want to be spending money on a car you've only just bought...
  10. Then I suggest you don't have it. How far are you from @East_Yorkshire_Retrofits ? Kieran can diagnose and apply any missing software updates to your car in the exact same way a dealer can, but at a fraction of the cost...
  11. Might sound daft mate but have you checked your battery? I experienced a problem with random faults flagging up recently when I was running a (close to) flat battery... I actually didn't consider a wiring issue, it could easily be that, or a faulty module perhaps? Via my own experience with modern cars, I'm always keen to consider an alternative fix to the one a dealer would recommend For instance just recently I had an airbag light I couldn't get rid of (which was initially triggered by the flat battery I mentioned above) Skoda's solution is to replace the module which would cost around £1,500. Turns out there's an update you can apply via ODIS which fixes it though, which thankfully I discovered with a generous amount of help from good internet folk. Skoda keeping quiet on the update cos obviously they make more by switching out the module, totally unneccessarily Do you know if your vehicle's software is up to date? I don't just mean the infotainment, but each individual module?
  12. See I always push the start button with no clutch, then leave for a few seconds before dipping the clutch to actually start the car. Just as prior to start buttons I'd turn the key to ignition for a couple of seconds before actually turning to crank it. I was always led to believe that you need to let each of the sensor lights that illuminate at the point of ignition to dim before cranking, as the fact they illuminate is to do with the electrical current reaching them, then they dim to let you know that everything's fine and you're good to go. If you're cranking before allowing this process to occur, which is essentially the electrical system performing its own start up check, then you risk confusing it which could lead to problems such as the one you were having. I genuinely believed this was common knowledge, I wonder how many others who start a car like yourself have ended up enduring the same "issue" as you have. Honestly seems like a self inflicted or non issue to me. Failing an actual faulty sensor, the other things that may possibly throw up faults are cold weather or dirt, where a frozen or dirty component isn't operating as it should in frozen temperatures / dirty conditions, which should correct itself once it's cleaned / reaches operating temp. IMHO, if you began and continued to use the (correct) method of cranking I've outlined above, you'll likely never experience the issue you were having again. Outside of cold weather / dirt or an actual faulty sensor anyway. I honestly doubt whether there's any such "TPI" exists, it could be the garage owner have just held on to your car for a couple of hours and had a little giggle to themselves...
  13. I'm trying to explain how to make it visible. The coding will have added it as an option for your dash display, but then you need to access the settings on your dash via the button on the steering wheel (right hand side) Go to settings and find the g-meter option you've now made available, then click to activate it as in make it selectable (put a green tick by it) Afterwards you should be able to find it via the scroll option on what to display. I'm not 100% certain this will work as I haven't added them g-meter myself, but I did add the compass and this is how I got that to show up on my dash after coding
  14. You need to make it available for selection on your dash display. Press the button on the right of your steering wheel, scroll for settings and enable it from there.
  15. I didn't go to a dealer mate, I went to @East_Yorkshire_Retrofits Knows his stuff Kieran, give him a shout
  16. I was getting this, then had my car in for software updates to bring it up to date (all modules, some of which had fallen behind at some point) Now what I'm constantly getting is the "manual has been updated" message, no matter how many times I clear it 🤷
  17. Dealership's will always deny knowledge, that way they can squeeze more money out of you
  18. I have pre facelift Octavia IV. I managed to activate standard CC in the end, I didn't realise to make changes on that particular module you have to enter a security code, DOH!
  19. Be sure to do a back up before you try anything. Follow instructions carefully. If unsure, ask. And don't use one click apps, well I don't anyway, as they leave no traceable path of anything they change. These things don't perform miracles, but they do unlock features in your car that, although should be unlocked as standard, aren't.
  20. Dunno about Carista, but I switched off lane assist (remember last setting) using OBD11, plus did a few other simple mods which enhance the pleasurability of everyday use of the car for me personally.
  21. Yes it will, if you just want the radio off then mute it
  22. ^^^ can tell I'm new to OBD11, turns out I haven't been using the security access code, didn't know I had to lol

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.