Everything posted by scotthugh3s
-
Amazing Fuel Efficiency 1.5 Petrol Estate
I traded in a 1.2 litre petrol Nissan Note for my Octavia 1.5 TSI petrol and get better MPG with my Skoda. I live rurally so my driving habits haven't changed, mostly country roads although there are plenty of long stretches where you don't need to change gear that often and I'm averaging around 51mpg. In my Nissan it was around 47mpg The Skoda obviously has loads more pull than the little Nissan did so to say I'm impressed is a bit of an understatement π
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Yep that's fine for you in your situation, whereas I have no access to a power point where I park my car and don't own a charger. Whatever works best for each individual is obviously the easiest way to do it. My comment was merely to highlight the fact that you can do it without a charger and with the engine running, as in the main post and explanation it suggests you need to have the engine switched off, which isn't true. Just for those of us like me where following the process you used would be impractical ππΌπ
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Congrats, however, it's an urban myth that you can't update with the engine running, I did and everything went fine, countless others have too. I was told by a VAG software specialist that it was fine to do so and it is. Just for anyone else reading who thinks they may have to hook up to a charger or something similar...
-
KESSY issue since update to 1985
Not sure how but KESSY appears to be working again now as it should π€·π»ββοΈπ
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
I updated from 1896 straight to 1985, but only after seeking advice from a professional. No idea if you can do so from 1889 but hopefully someone who does know will see your post and be able to help
-
KESSY issue since update to 1985
Perhaps the boot issue could be related to the issue I'm experiencing with KESSY? Both concern hands free methods of opening / closing doors anyway. I wonder if anyone from Skoda ever thinks to try and address these issues? Or is there any way of us reporting them to Skoda, without visiting a dealership..? π€
-
KESSY issue since update to 1985
@TheWanderer had quite a few issues with this function I believe, although I'm not sure whether or not the cause was due to upgrading software
-
KESSY issue since update to 1985
I've had 3 OTA updates since upgrading but still the issue is unresolved
-
KESSY issue since update to 1985
Do a factory reset mate, which will involve deleting yourself as primary user. Then when you re-establish that you'll need to go through the procedure where you press buttons on each key so that the car recognises you. I did that, and the first time afterwards KESSY worked as it should, but hasn't since. I can unlock the doors without using the key fob, but can't lock them in the same way...
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Yes, but it would depend on your current software version to whether you could update to this version right away or not...
-
Mark 4FL High Beam Assist
It's available to purchase in the shop for me, at the currently discounted price of Β£143. Isn't really that much hassle to manually adjust it so won't be bothering at that price personally
- NEW: software 1985
- NEW: software 1985
-
NEW: software 1985
Bugs I've experienced since updating to 1985 are Kessy no longer working (done a factory reset, worked first time immediately afterward but not since) And my navigation map staying on either day mode or night mode, whichever you select manually, as the Auto switch function no longer seems to work π€·ββοΈ
-
Does On Board SIM Card Use 3G (The 3G Network is Being Shutdown Across Europe)?
See my post above, I have an early Mk4 Octavia yet through the app it informs me I won't be able to continue receiving connect services
-
Does On Board SIM Card Use 3G (The 3G Network is Being Shutdown Across Europe)?
So that's my car, not sure about others. If you have the app enabled already it could be worth checking out for yourself
-
How to reset/calibrate air con flaps in MK 4?
The issue I have with my air con is that unless I have it running constantly my windows fog up, be it the windscreen, side windows and even the rear. Does anyone else experience this?
-
ACC Braking when overtaking
I've noticed if I pass a car on the inside which is waiting in a turning lane the ACC puts the brakes on, even when you're past it. Now when I see a car turning off into such a lane ahead I cancel ACC for a while until I'm past
-
Update of navigation maps
I just took out a free trial of infotainment online and it's updated my map database to 24.10 However, now my nav is stuck on daylight all the time, which is quite blinding when you're driving in the dark. I can manually switch it to night mode, but on the auto setting it stays on Day 24,/7. Any ideas...? π‘ π€
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Well just did a factory reset which came with another OTA update so will see how this goes...
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
My fault only initiated a couple of days after installing the second of two OTA updates since upgrading to 1985. Although that's not to say it was in any way connected to the upgrade, it's just the first time I've experienced the issue, I'm a relatively new Skoda owner
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
I did it on the back of advice from a VAG software specialist mate, he said no need to do other updates first as that's what I planned on doing
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
My last day on 1896 I got the parking sensors warning amongst other things (all of which are mentioned on here) so I updated. Everything was working perfectly (except KESSY) until today, I applied the 2nd of the 2 OTA updates I've had since installing 1985 the day before yesterday... Just travelled 90 miles back home without an issue so who knows? I've been meaning to perform a factory reset since applying 1985 so I'll probably try and get that done over the weekend. Hopefully that'll sort it, but will have to wait and see...
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Had 2 OTA App updates this week since installing 1985 and updating maps to 23/12. Then today, about 80 miles into a 90 mile trip, Android Auto navigation dropped out (just a black screen) I could still get on to the home page at that point but then everything stopped working. The radio was still playing but I couldn't adjust the volume or anything, and then when I ended my journey and parked up, the radio wouldn't turn off at all at first when I locked up. Only after reopening, turning on and then turning off again did everything go off as it should. I'm coming up to 6 weeks into my Octavia ownership (21 plate SEL) add this is the first real issue I've experienced. Anyone else had something similar?
- NEW: software 1985