Everything posted by Berisford
-
Unexpected Freebie
Quite amazing - a Skoda dealer giving something away to promote good customer relations - though ultimately you’ll pay for it. My dealer is as tight as the proverbial ducks ar5e………..
-
3rd Year Service Musings……
Recently had our 2024 Karoq in for its 2nd service, no faults to complain about, just the service visit I bought with the car – they did of course push the brake fluid change and AirCon service, but as the car has only done 7k, stops and cools as I'd expect, I declined. Now I can't be the only owner on here that gets easily wound up by the pedantic front of house service staff following a script – everything from pushing extras (see above), wanting the car all day for a simple expensive oil change to the drawn out 'explanation' of what's been tick box checked....? Anyway, I digress, when I dropped off the car I was given a couple of service plan options to look over, one being the 2 year 'All In' plan from Skoda, expensive I thought at £960 and curiously, my motor isn't eligible for another year. The other option was a 'today, one day only' deal to pay up front for year 3 service, either interest free monthly or in one lump sum @ £216.19 to include 1 x MoT and any puncture repairs – the strange thing is, this particular main dealer is not known for giving anything away, let alone offering any sort of discount – they are as tight as the proverbial duck's ar5e. Upon collecting the car and after listening to the many 'tick box' explanations and the current good tread depth of my tyres, etc., etc., I requested to take the 3rd service offer – I paid cash upfront and in keeping with their parsimony had to wait 10 minutes while 81p in change was found, keeping in mind the card charge would have been near on a tenner.....waving the 19p wasn't an option.....! When reading the documentation I see the deal I had bought was not actually offered / financed by the dealer but by a company called EMaC Ltd., I'm now a little concerned I might have been had in the bear trap – can't see too much online about them. In conclusion, I'm more than a bit narked that the main dealer can offer a deal to this company that is then able to sell the same to me, at an advantageous rate. A 3rd service and MoT the dealer next year would have cost me considerably more? Quite simply, to put it another way, the dealer and EmaC are both making enough to be happy – so there must be a good chunk of excess profit in regular normal service charges......? Anyone on here had dealings with EMaC or come across this sort of thing.....?
-
Air conditioning
Those guys know how to mark up pollen filters…….?
-
ABS Sensor Issues
I’ve had 2 x new sensors in the past which turned out to be faulty - only buy reputable brands, costs more I agree but……..
-
Park assist
Well each to their own, I have the self parking facility on my Superb estate, never used it in over 4 years - also have it on my trusty old 2010 Golf, had it from new and only ever used it to amaze the grandchildren some 15 years ago - rear camera and sensors I find better - so the technology on VAG cars has been available quite a while, chances of finding a used Karoq ready fitted are good…….
-
2 year service + brake fluid + Aircon service
Ha, Skoda dealers, since Covid I've seen the service and attention go downhill at my local dealer - I'd like to change and be rid of the dry clutch box but everything in the Karoq range with the better box is over the £40k (list) and that extra £2.5k in road fund is a bitter pill to swallow - just got one last extortionate year to go on my Superb but I'm then left with a 6 year old vehicle.......might have to look elsewhere, vehicles that have no battery assistance are hard to find nowadays.......
-
2 year service + brake fluid + Aircon service
I've just had the same 'service due, change the brake fluid / air con etc' on our July 2024 SEL - like the OP, we've only done 7k and haven't driven it hard let alone stopped hard and cooked anything - air con works as it did 2 years ago so I'm thinking I'll pass on the rinsing of my wallet, especially as I deliver and pick up the car and never take the loan vehicle they make enough out of me without the need to squeeze even more - so I'll let the brakes and air-con wait another year at least...... Curiously, I've just opened a email from the dealer offering me a great deal (their words) to 'upgrade' the Karoq, 2 years is the best time, apparently......!
-
Sportline tyre change?
I'm currently running our 24 SEL on 16 Audi wheels with the appropriate tyres (Michelin Cross Climate)to maintain the rolling circumference as the roads are diabolical in Notts & Derbys - My insurer, Aviva, had no objections to me changing the Alloys, no excess to pay either.
-
Longevity of a Karoq battery?
I often charge the VW EFB batteries on our Skodas with a 0.8 amp motorcycle CTEK, gets ‘em close to 100% but after a couple of running around they’re down to 60 - 70%……..?
-
Longevity of a Karoq battery?
Something strange going on with Skoda batteries - We have a 2022 Superb and a 2024 Karoq - the Superb battery was dodgy from the off and had to be replaced after a year or so, the Karoq is not great but it's never failed to start. What I find interesting, and somewhat amusing, is everytime one of the vehicles is in for service at the dealership - I get the same advice -'your battery is OK but the charge is low, needs a good run else we can charge it for you, £39...!', not just my vehicles, being in earshot of all the handovers, many customers are told the same. The Superb was in for service just recently so I had the battery on (CTEC) charge all night, State of Charge was 98% when I took it in, 5.15pm collected it and guess what, 'your battery needs charging'........ Whenever I do a check with a Topcon device, on either vehicle, the meter reads either 'Poor' or 'Replace'........both batteries are VW Varta EFB 720amp.
-
Demise of the Karoq?
A comprehensive, good reasoned argument for the Varioflex - however, it seems that not enough 2024 and beyond purchasers were prepared to cough up the £1k and thus Varioflex got the chop. Our former 2019 Karoq only had the rear seats removed once (small removal job) and our current model, a 2024 built during the facelift period came with Varioflex but they've never been out.......! I will say though, Skoda could lose the rear seat trays, I once put one up just to 'see', but then couldn't get the thing back down........dealer quickly sorted it, seems you have to be heavy handed.
-
Koni Special-Active Shock Absorbers
My number 1 gripe about the Karoq is the crash and bump ride - I’ve considered swapping to a 4WD version but they all attract the outrageous luxury tax…….
-
Reversing Camera image oddity
Remove the “look safe to move” warning and it’s the same image…….?
-
Your vehicle has been removed from your account
I also had to do a primary user reset this weekend after I was mysteriously evicted - and may I say what a palaver it is too..........
-
The 280PS Thread
I always start and go straight away - I'm not convinced it does any harm - my neighbour on the other hand sits with his Range Rover ticking over for up to 10 minutes before departure, claiming it prevents premature wear........?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
I asked about him 9 months ago - got a sort of reply...........his knowledge is much missed.
-
Central locking fault
Is it a VW/Varta branded EFB+ battery - if so you've done well to get this far - don't let the dealer sell you another the same at almost £500..........
-
A cautionary tale - Speed Bumps Vs Karoq suspension
‘Next day’ - too soon to be a speeding ticket…….?
-
The 280PS Thread
My 280, just over 4 years old, I’ve always fed it on the higher octane ‘5’ fuel - bit of a shortage around these parts and it looks as if I’ll have to use ‘10’ for the foreseeable - what do other 280 owners use………?
-
Dodgy OEM Battery?
Well, here I am 2 years on from my new battery saga and history is repeating itself - at my annual service (last week in February) despite charging the battery overnight, I got the usual bovine manure line from the service reception on collection, 'your battery is in good condition but it needs a good charge'! I fully charged it (CTEK) last Wednesday and 1 week later (yesterday) the state of charge is down to 60% with the advice 'Replace'. These VW branded Varta EFB+ batteries are not up to the job. Rather than let the dealer have it for another 7 days 'testing' I'm minded to go down the DIY route and fit a more reliable make and code it myself with OBD11.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Fog lights are not to ‘light your way’ but to improve your vision by not lighting the fog up, headlight should be off in foggy conditions - that aside, the ‘fog’ we get nowadays is nothing compared to 50 odd years ago - it’s just ‘misty’…….and don’t get me started on ‘rear’ fog lights - I’m amazed at how many dorks that normally can’t use indicators but manage to find find one of the most hidden switches the moment there’s a little bit of mist……..!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
- Ebay spare wheel kits Vs ordering from dealer/Caffyn's etc?
Keep an eye on FaceBook market place - you can often pick up the complete kit for £25 - £50 including foam insert.............you might have to buy the big plastic securing bolt as these do vary on some vehicles.- Approved used - "free" MOT?
Wash’…..? Wash was lost in Covid times for my main stealer, along with the biscuits and even the boiled sweets……- Approved used - "free" MOT?
- Ebay spare wheel kits Vs ordering from dealer/Caffyn's etc?
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.