Skip to content

Berisford

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Berisford

  1. I very much doubt the heavy rain managed to get pass the door seals - I don’t have any theory as to why you might have so much moisture but, to be fair, every now and again I encounter surprising amounts of condensation on the inside Windows, especially when parked in the sun at this of the year - It’s a bugger to remove effectively and smears the glass so last winter I invested in a couple of large (1kg) dehumidifier bags (as mentioned above by SurreyJohn) and they’ve worked a treat. I can’t post a link but I got mine off eBay, item number 383755159065.
  2. I think you have to take it by surprise, so to speak......To be fair the Flex seats in the SEL had me scratching my head for a few months - I genuinely thought they were faulty / stuck.
  3. Looks straightforward enough - at least the first action does.......
  4. No on a 2019 SEL.
  5. No, I disagree, your first line sums up the problem with Briskoda....... The OP specifically asked if the warranty would be affected, I believe I answered his question, albeit from my 'armchair'......... I agree it won't necessarily void any warranty but it'll make life difficult - in these progressive days of 'no service book', how's the OP going to get his first service details loaded into the VAG group service record computer - short answer is 'he won't' and thus any service record check/enquiry being made later down the line will show his vehicle as having an incomplete history.
  6. I suspect, in your heart, you know the answer - do I take my new £30k motor to the dealer for a first service or do I save an hour and let my man do it and potentially argue the toss later down the line.......?
  7. I don't see why they wouldn't stick - however, looking at the picture.............are you sure?
  8. It'd be nice if the warning came with the audible chime that normally accompanies alerts / warnings...........
  9. .....or perhaps there might be a way to disable the constant transmitting - 'cut the blue wire' ........
  10. I wouldn't worry, despite what the 'barrack room lawyers' might have to say - if they look right and fit without catching on full lock then where's the problem?
  11. Well said zappahey, I was going to post something similar but couldn’t be bothered...........👍
  12. My LED upgrade helps me SEE better when reversing down my drive........
  13. It worked for me..........
  14. I'll take my chance on this one - however - I doubt such a change of bulb could be used by an insurance company to leave you high and dry........... I'd opt for my day in court if needed.
  15. I wouldn't worry, if there's anything amiss I think the system knows and will flag a warning...........
  16. It's been 20c here today and the first real test of the air-con in the Karoq - am I impressed? No, I am not! My Golf knocks out 4c within the first 2 minutes and it's coming up for 10 years old. The Karoq ponces about taking a good minute to even think about bringing the temperature down and then takes forever and a couple of miles at 50 - 60mph to come down to 10c. It normally bottoms out around the 10c mark but then other times I might see 8c, but it settles down to 10 - 11c, either way, not the result I was expecting. I'm off down to Italy in July, I suspect it might well struggle! Might have to take the Golf....... These temperatures I quote are recorded from a probe 20cm into the central face vent with the others closed, blower set to 2 and the control set to 'face' in both vehicles.
  17. Noticed today that my rear view camera is seeing more than it used to, that is, I can now see some of the number plate and body work top and bottom. I'm sure it used to be just a nice clear picture of the rear without anything extra? Am I mistaken, does everyone see the number plate and bodywork?
  18. I’m needing a bit of advice regarding the removal of the storage bin on the dash....there’s 2 screws visible but after removing ‘em it becomes a little slack but not enough to let go. Has anyone removed this bin and can give me a clue about what is holding it? My plan is to put a switched power supply in the bin to charge my phone / battery pack.
  19. Lee Boyce (?) has written an article about keyless car theft in yesterday’s Mail. His story is based around his newly delivered Karoq and what a great motor it is.....However, he goes on to moan about the fact that no one at the dealership warned him about the risks or indeed how to mitigate the risks of keyless systems. Not a single mention in the article or the many comments that follow about the option to disable the Kesey with a simple touch of the handle. Quite a few comments about the Skoda being safe from theft simply because it’s a Skoda.......if only those folk knew what a (generally) excellent vehicle the Karoq is.......

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.