Everything posted by RADIOTWO
-
Cabin air filter change
As you open the glove box door you will see a couple of tabs, these need to be pushed inward and then the door will fold down
-
Oil change frequency
If you are using Synthetic oil there is no need to do more oil changes, the only thing is what mileage are you doing per year? if you are doing about 10k miles per year i would change it once every two years (about 20k miles) and in fact if you have it set to non fixed it will tell you when it needs doing. and another thing don't put too much oil in only about half way between low and hi marks as having too much will do more than having too little
-
Updating Maps - Which USB-C Port?
The map update is over the air
-
Announcement
So it was a bit cryptic but I assume no one gets this (or similar announcement) when they are approaching a speed camera ?
-
Announcement
Speed camera reported ahead they think we are flies but we are the spiders Any one else get this ?
-
windshield wipers
Measure the length of yours on the car and order that size, I think they are different sizes for each side
-
Connect App
I have not seen the world "lite" so I guess no
-
Octavia IV 2023: any way to disable automatic doors lock at EVERY start after stop?
The reason for the auto lock is its a anti hijack facility, so if you were to pull up at a junction or lights then no one can steal out of the boot or even get into the car and nick it . and as far as getting in in the case of a accident then you can still open from inside or if the services need to get in they would get in very easy. And if you had not noticed when you unlock the car it only unlocks the drivers door (although I think you can change that)
-
Connect App
Hi Folks I have this Skoda Connect App and I find it quite informative but I see the subscription is up for renewal ( I bought the car second hand so I have not been involved in the payment side). I have tried to contact Skoda to ask some question but don't seem to get any answers. There is about three sections, Data Plan Care connect Remote Access, Infotainment online and Smart Apps Bundle. I think I get the first three, but is Data plan something I need ? The next two I will buy but its more the Smart Apps one that is a puzzle what does it do and I have seen it it for £4.50 for the year, is that the correct price? I also notice the word “ Traffication” what is this ? Is there any one who has these and can give me some explanation ? Thanks
-
Anyone towed with the MK4
Surely not ,a VRS 2.0lt with 13" wheels
-
DSG slight delay
Don't knock it till you try it, but watch the video clip first to get the whole procedure
-
DSG slight delay
I don't see why you think it is a myth ! as I said I did it on my car a few years ago and it worked, but you say about moving it, you don't need to move it, in fact you don't need to even start it, but once it has been reset and you do drive it will start to learn your driving ways
-
DSG slight delay
There is a way of doing a reset on the DSG without VCDS or ODB11, Cannot remember exactly how, but something like turn on Ign, hold accelerator down for something like 30secs, and then not sure but do a search on Youtube and should explain, I did it once on a Seat Leon and made a difference
-
Anyone towed with the MK4
- Looking for replacement boot gas struts - Mk IV estate
Just go to the dealers and get them to change them under warranty- Battery Problem?
It is very difficult these days as you used to just start the engine and if you got 14.5(ish) you knew it was ok, but now when you see the voltages they go up and down, and I think you need to get a Multimeter to check things out like current draw when the car is turned off and what would help is do a drop test on the battery its self. and just as a matter of interest my voltage after it has been stud for a few hrs is 12.46 volts- Battery Problem?
Hi, Without having the final reading its hard to say but 11.8 volt is not good, it should be at least 12.5 volts, so you have a problem with a short or the battery is faulty, try and get the battery tested (admitting needs to be fully charged) and if found faulty go back to the dealer and get them to change it under warranty- Battery Problem?
Hi you say is 11.8 v and you recharge till full, but is that 11.8 before you put on charge and what is the voltage at "Full" ?- Anyone towed with the MK4
Are there is some interest ! Before you plug the trailer into the car, turn the hazards on then plug in and look at the trailer lights and tell me what you see- Anyone towed with the MK4
Hi Andy, I was not doubting your installation, but wondered if you knew about the self test hack ?- Anyone towed with the MK4
How do you check the rear lights on the caravan ?- Rear Wipers sensor VRS Mk4
Hi Dave I think I have the same issue, but I have noticed that it only does it every so often, and cannot find what causes it (or not) so I will follow this thread- Octavia 2021 Reversing light wiring access
I am sorry if you think I am patronising and condescending but when you say about can-bus and you want to connect to it, then you say about connecting something to 24 volts, and you now say you are experienced in all the things you say, I start to worry ! I have seen so many times what happens when connected to can bus, and seeing you are a newby to the site I was only trying to help. I have just had one fitted and have also got the latest firmware and there is not a problem, but even the dealers would not know it has been retro fitted as it was done professionally, Anyway you do what you want and hope it all goes well Steve- Octavia 2021 Reversing light wiring access
You say it needs 24 Volts where are you going to get that from ? From what you have said I don't think you are confident with car electrics so what I would do is find a good Auto electrician and get them to do it, I know it will cost but would be a lot less than the damage that can be done if you get it wrong- Octavia 2021 Reversing light wiring access
First off don't go connecting to the original wiring, as you can do some damage most of the wiring is Can-bus so if you connect to the wrong place you can wipe out the canbus system. I have just had one fitted on mine but it was done professionally and it was coded to the car and no holes drilled if fits where the boot release button is, and it even has a washer jet so when you use the rear jets it cleans the camera. and to be honest you say about the car being leased just leave it on as no one will know if it was on or not when you got it - Looking for replacement boot gas struts - Mk IV estate
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.