Everything posted by RADIOTWO
-
Octavia vrs 21 plate front disc size?
The easiest way is to measure them
-
Disabling e-sim/GPS
Its not to do with safety, having the e-sim as you say could help if you have the car stolen, and for the same reason the GPS will help with that, plus as I do if I was to lock the key in the and my wife could not get in the car, I could open it remotely, so the bits you mention are far more use than not having them
-
Disabling e-sim/GPS
WHY !
-
Lights vag-com
Sorry I just assumed you were in the UK, you should have said !
-
Average cost to replace brake pads and discs?
No you don't have to tell the they have been replaced (the car will already know LOL) no joking apart doing the front pads/disks is poss one of the easiest jobs you can do, and as long as you use some common sense, and have every thing prepared, the job will take about 1 hr and no you won't die after fitting them, and these days there is Youtube that will show how to do it if you get stuck, thats the problem with people now, they just would pay over the odds for jobs
-
Lights vag-com
Plus that would be illegal, as we don't have amber lights like the states, plus it would fail a MOT
-
Average cost to replace brake pads and discs?
Why take it to a garage ! Do it your self
-
Got Locked Inside My Car - “Key Not Recognised”!
You say you were locked in ! Have you not got a button on the dash to unlock the doors ?
-
GPS antenna on roof
Without specific RF testing equipment the way I would test is by finding the GPS unit, and getting to the antenna connector check the resistance, the other thing you could do is connect a bit of wire to the GPS unit and see if it is any better
-
GPS antenna on roof
I would think its more likely to be the GPS unit rather than the Antenna(as you put it)
-
GPS antenna on roof
The GPS is not on the roof
-
Towing electrics
Have you checked the towing weight for that car ?
- Octavia Mk4 Estate 2021 Missing tow hook
-
New car whats missing from the boot?
Is it not to store the retractable cover !
- CAN Network Gateway Question.
- CAN Network Gateway Question.
-
Fuse for glove box light?
I know you said you have checked for a fuse, but check all fuses as it might be with something else, but I am always suspicious about you saying you have checked with multimeter, did you have it on the correct setting ? also have you tried the switch ?
- CAN Network Gateway Question.
-
Unable to connect phone
I have not had a problem with mine, but you will find that it is possibly the way it is all set up, but might be a idea to put on here the full process you went to to try and get it working
-
Connect additional reversing lights
When you say the unused reversing light, is that not the fog light !
-
Dumb Questions from a Newby!
If you leave the Key in the car and shut the doors, nothing If you have the hill hold on, it won't do any thing as that only does anything when driving( its not a hand brake) but you do have a hand brake, but you don't need to apply it as when you stop the engine it will come on automatically, and also when you are setting off you don't need to take the hand brake off as it will disengage as you set off
- Skoda Octavia YouTube Channel
-
Dash-Cam connectivity with USB C socket adjacent to rear view mirror.
Just to put a spanner in the works, If you are using just a single camera you might be fine, but if you are thinking of both front and rear I don't think the USB supplies enough power for both. But to be honest connecting to the fuse box is not hard and its then just a matter of running the cable under the trim
-
2023 vrs towbar
OK Dave, if you were a bit closer I would recommend East Yorkshire Retrofit as I have had some work done by them and the did a perfect job fitting a reverse camera, but would have liked the electric retracting towbar, but I guess the company in Poole will do the job right (hopefully at the right price) for you, Good luck
-
2023 vrs towbar
Wez Morrell Manchester Wez Morrell Manchester 0161 430 7591 I had mine done by this company I know it not near but give them a ring and see what they say ?