Skip to content

Awesam

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Awesam

  1. Sound deadening made a big difference to the road/tyre noise, definitely recommend it! I bought a bulk pack of 40 sheets have about half of it left - that was after covering the whole boot floor and under the rear seats. I have just bought some 4mm foam to put on top of it to reduce it further. As I kept the stock backboxes there virtually no additional noise. The only sound comes from the decat once you floor it and even then its pleasant!
  2. Open to sensible offers as these are just taking up space!
  3. Update: So was meant to having the Stage 3 tune done today, unfortuanately I got an email from the tuner yesterday afternoon saying that he needs to self isolate as his daughter is covid positive! Was frustrated yesterday as i had emailed in the morning asking if it was still on! sods law. Now rebooked in for the 18th! All parts/mod have now been fitted so will try to avoid driving the if possible. Installed the meth kit, wiring it took me 2 days as it was my first time doing this type of thing. Routing the wires wasnt too bad once i sussed which route to take! The mechanic did the plumbing for the meth pipe underneath the car and without telling drill a hole in the well as he said he did have enough pipe to go the pump! Also installed some 10mm spacers in and raised the ride height as on some speed bumps the exhaust scraped.
  4. which company? I was with Autogroup which I've had for 6 months. They offered me a similar offering. They've been ok as they covered my battery and water pump housing - they decrease the water pump claim as they said it was only covering the housing!
  5. How much did you pay for your warranty?
  6. Checked yesterday and there is no crimp in the connector! Maybe it fall out when I pulled the module out.
  7. Can i use this as a grounding point in the front? Also is there any in the boot? Thanks
  8. It was but I wanted it to be darker! No new photos at the moment, dropping it off on Friday for the all the mods to be fitted then getting the remap on Friday 10th September! I'll take some soon. On the plus note, I've installed sound deadening in the back, a APR Boost Tap and completed the wiring needed for the meth kit!
  9. Thanks Rob. I'll have another look but i couldnt see the crimp in the connector - Im assuming its in the same cohert of wires going to the aux jack port. May just use it as the negative feed for my LEDS!
  10. Does anyone know where this black wire belongs? it has no solder on it or clips/connector on it which makes it strange!
  11. Do I need to remove the DSG trim to gain access to behind the ashtray?
  12. 🤣 Heisenberg! Cooking in the back of a Skoda!
  13. Brillant, thanks for that. I want to put in 2 leds in one of the blank buttons for my meth kit.
  14. I'm going for NGK R7438-9 as I was initially going for the R7437-9 but was told they are like stock! The R7438-9 are best suit for cars for over 500bhp.
  15. Could someone please tell me how to access the blank button panels in the DSG Trim? Thanks
  16. I've got the Whiteline ARB kit (Front, Rear, bushes and control arms) on mines from the Golf R. Most people go for the rear only which suit their needs. I had Eibach ARBs on my MK2 VRS previously and in comparing to the Whiteline's ARB, I would say the Eibach's felt stiffer. I prefer the WL ARBs tbh, they suit the Superb meaning they are softer however they have made a vast difference going round corners and it doesn't feel like a barge anymore!
  17. Update: Custom exhaust - done! Windows tinted - done! September's plan: Installation of parts - between 3rd - 7th September Base map - 8th September - Decided to go with Bevo Tuning who are based in Cornwall so about a 4hours for me, so need a basemap from their local agent to get down there safely. Stage 3/Performance tune - 10th September - Somewhere in Cornwall! lol Other tuner of choice was Devil Developments however the cant fit me in until the 22nd September and I'm tired of waiting to get it done now, just want to enjoy the last few weeks of summer once its done.
  18. Yes very similar sound, the decat does increase the sound slightly. Sound increases at 3000 rpm. Did you experience any bottlenecks to get the power out?
  19. Dont know! lol I'll find out when i go pick it tomorrow. Yeah thought to have 2 as Im running the trackslag 4" decat. The rear resonator seems similar to one you have?
  20. VID-20210825-WA0014.mp4 VID-20210825-WA0015.mp4
  21. Dropped the car off this morning for the work to commence. cant wait until Thursday!
  22. So what you are saying we are scr*wed no matter which we buy these boot struts!

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.