Everything posted by Awesam
-
280 losing coolant
Wow that's expensive! I was quoted £599 first then sawed the local mechanic that I can buy the part for £300.
-
280 losing coolant
Just paid £490 for a new thermostat housing and waterpump fitted - INA brand and coolant. which can be bought from Autodoc for £300. TPS are selling a genuine one for £405.
-
New Superb Owner (2.0 TSI)!
Welcome! What coincidence as we were just finalising booking a holiday to holiday August! Check out this thread for the B6's: As for the steering wheel, ebay or www.cars-equipment.com
-
Lowering with dcc shocks
The option would be for B6 DCC shocks or Koni ones with springs in that case. Coilovers will lower it too much from the rear.
-
VSDS vs OBDEleven
VCDs is more comprehensive gives the best functionality. However OBD11 is great for quickness and allows you do most mods with messing up the parameters! I have both, I mostly use OBD11 for the reason above.
-
2nd Hand Superb 206TSI Auto 4x4 MY18.5 Mileage 85,000
Unfortunately not! I've got a 280 and had mines replaced about 5 months ago at c 70k. It's has started leaking again and getting it replaced again under the parts warranty.
-
2nd Hand Superb 206TSI Auto 4x4 MY18.5 Mileage 85,000
Check for Thermostat housing\water pump being replaced as this is a common fault.
-
Facelifting Skoda Superb 2015 to look like 2019
You are so bling bling ! I cant wait to get rid of the chrome!
-
Facelifting Skoda Superb 2015 to look like 2019
LOL exposing your age there! Not many people on this forum wouldn't remember Capri let alone the Allegro!
-
Facelifting Skoda Superb 2015 to look like 2019
You forgot the most important thing....TIME!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Tesco's Momentum is the cheapest super unleaded at the moment. Usually costs me £90 - £95 once I'm on reserve. I do miss my MK2 VRS for fuel economy as that was £60 - £70 a tank.
-
Burnzy’s Octavia Mk2 TFSI VRS 4x4 project
Fantastic! Great progress. I do miss my VRS, would have definitely done a AWD conversion if I had kept it.
-
Skoda superb mk3 headlight nsf 3V2941015A
Hi, did you carry out the repair to the brackets?
-
Skoda Superb III 4x4 280 - A sleeper’s journey – 280ps to 560ps
I don't have a digital speedo so don't know. I'm pretty sure my tuner left my limiter in place after all the issues I've had! 🤣
-
Suspension or Engine mods?
Suspension would be fine with a Stage 1 map and is probably the best mod for the money. One of my friends has a 280 Sportline with DSG and is running 521bhp Stage 3 on standard sportline suspension, its not ideal with that much power however I was impressed how its coping with it so far.
-
Superb tyres recommendations
Cross Climate 2 are probably the best All Season tyres on the market. Try Asda tyres aswell.
-
Xenon Headlight washer retrofit - is it possible?
I can't find the bumper bracket with headlight washer jet holder. Would seem it's an insert part based on the pic below:
-
Xenon Headlight washer retrofit - is it possible?
Can't I use the bracket off the existing bumper? I stupidly bought off a bumper off ebay as it was colour match without realising that it didn't have the washer jet cut outs but had the pdc holes! The issue I'm finding is that I can find a bumper with the correct spec but not the correct colour match or vice versa! Not sure if I can't my existing one plastic welded in certain palces
-
Xenon Headlight washer retrofit - is it possible?
Can someone please tell me if the washer jet are necessary and if not not how to disable them via OBD11/VCDS?
-
Xenon Headlight washer retrofit - is it possible?
I need to buy a replacement bumper and Ive found one with the same colour which would require minimum touching up however it doesnt have the headlight washer jet cuts out and bracket. Therefore would it be possible to retrofit into a bumper using the existing bumper parts/mounting?
-
Superb Mk3 EPC and faults - Advice needed
4N0133246 - Exhaust Control Valve Actuator - Genuine Volkswagen Part (vw.com) Genuine AUDI VW SKODA SEAT A1 A3 Cabriolet Servomotor 4N0133246 | eBay SERVOMOTOR FOR EXHAUST FL | Introcar
-
Superb Mk3 EPC and faults - Advice needed
I had quite an interesting journey over the last few months in terms things need fixing to my car. So I think it could be your high pressure fuel pump beginning to seize as I had an Autotech one seize up after 6 month and had to buy a new one. I had a similar issue, once in the road and the other on a dyno, where the car would make the power and the epc light began to flash and was fine if you switched off and on again. Or could be the crankshaft sensor
-
2019 Superb 206 vs 2019 Golf R
10k is a lot of money! it all depends on your needs, if your wife's car is big enough and the extra money isn't a concern then my choice would be the Golf R! The reason why I bought my MK3 Superb instead of the a MK3 VRS due to it having the same engine/components as the Golf R and the family preferred it due to the space -it was more expensive than the VRS but still cheaper than a Golf R.
-
Parts For Sale: EIbach Pro Spring Kit & Rear Spring cups - Superb MK3
Hi Sorry these sold a while ago! I forgot to update the thread.
-
A sleeper's Journey the next chapter - Homage to Darth!
I'm based in Birmingham but willing to travel to get it done.