Everything posted by Awesam
-
Soundproofing?
Exactly the same as in the new M340i's. So great upgrade if possible.
-
Soundproofing?
I was playing to upgrade to 19's, think I'll stick to 18's now!
-
Soundproofing?
Oxford car audio maybe another options as Im sure they are associated with the Sound Deadening shop/ CAD Distribution who are the main people for Silent coat sound deadening.
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
Yes i agree its costs a small fortune to get to stage 3 plus i had a small fortune with some raised ironworks which destroyed my custom exhaust which was only 2 weeks old last year so that set me back. As for maintenance I would say the only thing more frequent are oil changes and sparksplugs. I did buy some custom engine and DSG Mounts but too them out as the NVH was too much at idle and revert back to stock. I installed a Dogbone insert instead which has helped. I've had the car now for 15months and the plan is to install an front strut brace, aluminium subframe, lightweight alloys, front camber adjusting mounts and then get the suspensions setup and the Meth kit wired up professionally. Also looking into a K-brace to stiffen the rear up. Im in 2 minds of getting all the chrome bits wrapped in black. If i had to do again, I probably wouldn't! lol, Would stick to stage 1 with some lowering springs. Oh yeah Im looking at some new backboxes aswell ! Its a shame that you considering selling after you've modified it to a very high standard. I recently drove a fairly new M340i, it was nice but i preferred the Superb as the space is brillant. Also the M340i felt slow compared to my Superb! lol How was the Supersprint backboxes? I can't believe how ridiculously expensive they are! £2k for 1 backbox!!
-
272 Superb OPF stageIII
Roscio, any new updates? I've got a few things planned!
-
2019 Superb coil springs
Just buy some EIbach springs as the stance of the car is very much improved.
-
Gandalf's Evolution
How much did that set you back? Im going to get the Alcantara one, 565064241A GCW
-
Soundproofing?
Im planning to do the rear doors soon along with installing some sound isolator. Silent Coat Car Deluxe Pack – Sound Deadening Shop because this setup. Ideally would love to take out all the interior and do the floor properly but don't have the time or a place to do it.
-
Soundproofing?
To be honest you could do a decent job yourself it's time consuming. I've lay 2mm sound deadening in the boot area and beneath the rear seats, that made a difference. So now I'm going to the rear doors and put 4 or 6 mm closed cell foam on top of that. The front doors are the trickiest. Ideally would like to take out of the wheel arches and cover them aswell.
-
Soundproofing?
How much did they quote?
-
New SIII owner with a couple of questions.
Mines is a 2015 L&K. I did buy it from an Independent trader
-
New SIII owner with a couple of questions.
DITTO
-
280 Tsi long term ...
I think he meant that he would upgrade to a newer Superb due to the failures he's listed.
-
Sold - Nokian WR A4 18” winter tyres - M+S marked.
Sold?
-
280 AWD roll bar kit
ok so the Golf R and the Superb AWD are part of the same MQB, therefore most of the parts are identical. The ARBs are pretty fit and I've had no issues. Ive put it on the hardest setting and its fine.
-
280 AWD roll bar kit
I've got the Whiteline Golf R ARB kit installed, which is front and rear with adjustable arms.
-
2.0 TSI Remap Options
Thought I updated this thread rather than start a new one! So R-Tech in Nuneaton have start tuning the MK3 Superb! Had they been doing it sooner they would have been my first choice for tuning mines.
-
Skoda Superb Mk3 206 4x4 exhaust downpipe
Nice. I'm sure the Scorpion downpipe is 3" and would then assume the RPM resonator delete pipe is the same. Otherwise it will be the same as the stock pipe width of 2.75".
-
Skoda Superb Mk3 206 4x4 exhaust downpipe
You will need to get a remap done to ensure the O2 sensor is working optimally. Otherwise the Engine check light will remain on the dash.
-
Skoda Superb Mk3 206 4x4 exhaust downpipe
Did you changed the backboxes or increase the diameter of the exhaust pipes? I got a custom made turbo back exhaust with 3.5" decat downpipe going to 3" exhaust into a an anti-drone box (front) and into a resonator just before the Y section. I increase the diameter to the Y section to 3" as well which go to the standard the backboxes. The sound is as standard and I believe its been restrictive in gaining power. Maybe if it pushed the power to beyond 500bhp then maybe. I've heard the Milltek Arteon cat back exhaust could fit with some modification.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
What a mission! Well done! What did you installed?
-
Adjustable headlights on Skoda Superb L&K
No software changed at all. Brettikivi describes the process perfectly. The whole process shouldn't take more than 5 mins
-
Locking the Front Passenger’s Door
Hi Are you doing less than 20miles a day? If so then that might the issue. I had the same issue a few weeks back and couldn't figured it out. With the help on the forum (even looking at Facebook groups for a solution) that was the diagnosis. Otherwise it could be that the passenger locking mechanism is failing and needs replacing as it tends to fail on the older cars.
-
Adjustable headlights on Skoda Superb L&K
I suffered that issue not so long ago. I used OBD11 to do a basic headlight adjustment routine and that sorted it.
-
Racechip GTS Black + App and XLR pedal box in Parts For Sale section
Great for anyone looking for abit more power whilst under warranty or those who don't want commit to a remap! GLWTS