Everything posted by CJJE
-
Refreshed Karoq
As the thread below says: "According to the German Karoq forum, the facelifted Karoq could be ordered in Germany from Thursday 16th December, with production starting week 9 of 2022, and a German launch in April 2022." (The configurator is already live on the Czech and German Skoda websites, and shows the colours which will be available.) Chris
-
power steering noise - few weeks old
See my edited post above. Depending on which of the assist systems which use the front assist you have fitted to your car, you may get different warning messages if you have an intermittent fault in the controller. I'd log them and see how often they re-occur. I didn't report them to my dealer until my first service as the warning messages cleared while I was driving or on my next journey. But when I did report it, they ordered a new steering wheel straight away and told me that Skoda UK were aware of the problem and that this should clear the fault. Chris PS: I've found the Lane Assist very effective even in quite thick fog in my previous Golf, so would hope the Karoqs isn't being upset by a bit of fog
-
power steering noise - few weeks old
The front assist warning can indicate the windscreen in front of the camera under the rear-view mirror is dirty. Or it could be a software fault where the camera hasn't turned on properly. I had the latter problem about 5 times over a period of a year, but usually accompanied with warnings about lane assist not being available and dynamic road signs not being available as well. This is a known fault which is said to cured by replacing a controller in the steering wheel. (Mine was changed a couple of weeks ago, but it was such an intermittent problem that I can't be sure it has been cured yet.) Chris Edit: having checked my records, my warning messages said a permutation of the Traffic Assist, Lane Assist and Dynamic Road Signs not available, not the Front Assist, but these systems all require the front assist to be available so my post still seems appropriate.
-
power steering noise - few weeks old
The only noise I've noticed on mine on full lock, I've put down to the wide tyres scrubbing slightly when I reverse of my paved drive. Could it be that? Perhaps you could stand by the front of the car while she manoeuvres and determine if it's coming from the tyres, the power assisted steering, or even the universal drives? Chris
-
Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021
I agree steel grey = meteor grey (F7A/M3M3) but the previous post was disappointed to see business grey (F7M/2C2C) being discontinued. I'll be delighted to see Race Blue saved though
-
Battery warning on the Keyfob runs out
With a KESSY car it seems to be advisable to replace the batteries every year as a precaution. I did this with mine, replacing the factory-fitted Panasonics with new Duracells, only to get the low battery warning from the car a week later! (I hadn't had one previously!) Fitting new Panasonics sourced from RS Components has stopped the low battery warnings. Measuring the open circuit voltages - which is a quick and dirty test even if not that accurate compared with the voltages present when they fitted in the keys - showed the new Duracells to have a lower voltage that the new Panasonics, and not that higher than the old Panasonics I had removed! And the new Duracells were bought in Boots and were nowhere near their expiry dates! Chris
-
Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021
I'm really surprised they've stopped Race Blue as it seems quite popular round my way from the number I see. Chris
-
Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021
According to the German Karoq forum, the facelifted Karoq could be ordered in Germany from Thursday 16th December, with production starting week 9 of 2022, and a German launch in April 2022. The German configurator is now up too at Modellvarianten (skoda-auto.com) Chris
-
Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021
You can now configure the new Karoq at Trimline (skoda-auto.com) Skoda UK will no doubt offer their own trim levels, but the webpage shows the features they can off as standard or as options. Note that Candy White, Emerald Green, Quartz Grey and Race Blue have been discontinued, but Phoenix Orange and Graphite Grey have been added. Chris
-
Skoda Paint Codes
I've found a comprehensive list of Skoda paint names and codes... but note that these are the European names and some are renamed by Skoda UK for the UK market. Examples are Lava Blue becomes Petrol Blue, and Steel Grey becomes Meteor Grey. Skoda paint codes.pdf Chris
-
Pioneer AVIC-EVO1
Sounds like the aerial only picks up FM & DAB. Is there a separate connector for an AM (MW/LW) aerial?
-
Extended Warranty Policy Document?
It tells you in the back of the owners manual.
-
Extended Warranty Policy Document?
If you mean the Skoda factory extended warranty, I bought this with my car (and my previous Golfs) but never had any details. I'd assume it is the same as the normal 3 year warranty, and would use my purchase agreement to show it was included. (This is also confirmed by the warranty expiry date that Skoda quote.) Chris
- Karoq Led adaptet
-
New matrix headlights
I've just added a link to a Skoda page describing how they work Chris
-
New matrix headlights
My Karoq has high beam assist headlights which dip when they detect a vehicle in front (either travelling in the same direction or coming towards you. When I press the stalk forward to turn on the main beam, a light-shaped icon with an A inside it appears on the instrument panel. The lights them shift from main beam to dip beam automatically so they give the best possible view while not dazzling other drivers. Note that the light switch has to be on the Auto setting, you have to be driving at more than 40 mph, and the feature has to be enabled in the car's menu settings. With your matrix headlights, when you are driving on main beam, you should also see the light beam being 'blanked' from the opposite lane as a car comes towards you, perhaps in just a narrow sector leaving the road lit wherever it won't dazzle another driver. I had the older mechanical system on the Golf's Bi-Xenon headlights, and it was great for giving the best possible vision. Check your handbook though to see how they are activated as I seem to remember that my Golf would cancel the dynamic headlights if I pressed the stalk forward again. There's more information about how they work here: ŠKODA Safety (skoda-auto.com) Chris
-
Karoq Sunglass holder
Not a genius... I just follow the German Karoq forum as well (with an auto translate in my browser!) It's at www.karoqforum.de if you're interested. Perhaps I should stress that the link I provided above was just an example of the sunglass holder I fitted. The actual one was LFOTPP Car Sunglasses Holder Glasses Case Storage Box Interior Interior Accessories for T-ROC TROC (Black) : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive which came with the special tool (a bent screwdriver) needed to fit it. Chris
-
Karoq Sunglass holder
I have a sunroof and so bought this one: Sunglasses Holder for Polo 6R for Seat Leon St MK3 5F Glasses Case Roof Grab Storage Box for Skoda Octavia 3 Kodiak Rapid 2019|Glasses Case| - AliExpress which replaces the grab handle above the driver's door. It was an easy job to remove the grab handle and fit this instead. I've seen dealers selling the central one for cars without a sunroof, so presume it should be easy to fit and suggest you ask them? Chris
-
Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021
They're a different shape, so it won't be as easy as swapping them over, even if the software knew how to sequence the indicators. Chris
-
Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021
The Edition was always a UK trim only, and I don't think Skoda UK have published their intentions for the facelifted car yet. As it was a popular option, I think it likely that it will be offered in the Spring, although the diesel sales have dropped like a stone so they might only offer the smaller diesel engines (for fleet sales). Chris
-
Build Times for new Karoq
The facelifted model won't be available until April 2022, and the visual changes are pretty minimal, so you guys should all be getting the cars you ordered I should think. And unless you really really need the Matrix headlights, there don't seem to be any serious deficiencies in the Mk1 either as August 2020 added the MIB3 changes. Chris
-
loading user profile
OK, steering wheel & controller changed under warranty to cure Traffic Assist, Lane Assist and Dynamic Road Sign errors. And as I'd reported the SOS Error message the system software was updated from 0270 to 0276 to cure this fault. (Funny, but I'd asked if there was a system software update available when the car was serviced a few weeks ago, and told there wasn't. But now I've reported the SOS Error fault there suddenly is!) As the faults were pretty intermittent it will take time to prove they've been cured. But it was certainly 'interesting' to drive a 1.0 litre manual Karoq SE instead of my Sportline! To be fair, the 1.0 litre was surprisingly nippy and with much lighter handling than mine, but it was a pain having to remember to change gears all the time! Chris
- SD card alternatives
-
Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021
But with plastic 'aero' covers over them! Back to using ziplocks to holed them on?? Chris
-
Speed limit on SE?
Yeh... all versions do that now. It's a pain as I used to leave my Golf set to Speed Limiter rather than CC, but now I'm used to it, it's just part of the start up routine with set driving mode etc. Chris