Skip to content

CJJE

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CJJE

  1. Anyone waiting for a new Sportline might like to know that the UK June 22 brochure shows a price increase of around £500 for it as a consequence of it now coming on 19" wheels again instead of the 18" fitted previously. Depending on how long it takes for your car to actually be delivered, this might yet change again of course! There are also a couple of new optional packages that you may like to look at to see if you want them added to your order. - The Safety Package adds curtain airbags and crew protect for £480 - The Travel Assist Package Plus adds Blind Spot Assist to the Travel Assist Package for an extra £545. Chris
  2. CJJE replied to Brenk's topic in Skoda Karoq
    The Karoq was not included in that recall in the end (which only affected cars with the 2.0TSI engine), but it is interesting that engine covers are not being fitted to the facelifted cars. I'm checking mine to ensure it is not loose, but so far have not found any problems with it. Chris
  3. OK, my Karoq has LED lights and a setting in the menus that alters the dip beam when driving in Europe, But it doesn't claim to do this automatically (although when I first had the car it twice changed the beam setting for me when driving in Stafford! However this fault seems to have been cured by software update.) I don't know the details for all Skoda models, but cars without LED headlights generally have to use stick-on beam deflectors as they do not have a menu setting to adjust the lights. Does your Scala have LED headlights or tungsten? What does your owner's manual say about adjusting the headlight beam? Chris
  4. Not sure why you're linking Travel Mode with driving on the right... but my UK spec Karoq has Travel Mode, activated by a button on the steering wheel. It may have been provided as part of the Driver Assist option, but in practice doesn't seem to do much more than activate the Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Assist. I've only use it once in a year and a half, while driving down the M74/A74/M6 with little other traffic around. Now whether you could have it on your car by modifying the car's software is another story - but if you don't have the button on your steering wheel I'm not at all sure how you could turn it on and off quickly. Chris
  5. Are you in the UK? The MIB3 maps update over air when you visit a region where they are out of date. But it could well be that a UK car is only supplied with European maps. Although the update portal shows updated maps, which are said to be installed via the USB-C port, in practice many of us have found this procedure does not work. There are several threads discussing this, and it would seem that a successful installation depends on the car's software version and where it was sold (Russian cars for example do not have over air updates and so have the manual install system enabled. Chris
  6. CJJE replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I haven't used Skoda, but understand they are quite similar to Thule so should perform just as well. But the thing I love about Thule is their flexibility over time. I have use them for years with all my previous cars since the 1990s and just transferred them from car to car by changing the feet. You can also get matching key locks for the feet, bike carriers etc so 1 key locks/unlocks everything. For me, this advantage makes up for the initial cost. Chris
  7. Some clarification on the original question in this thread. There are two versions of Android Auto - and it is Android Auto for Phone Screens that is being replaced by Android Driving Mode. This is the one that uses your phone screen as a display while you're driving. Apparently the version that uses your car's infotainment screen is NOT being discontinued. More details at Android Auto is not going away - Market for Phones (ma4p.com) Chris
  8. I don't use it but understand Google are replacing it with 'Driving Assistant' which seems to be built in to the Android System. More details here: Google Is About to Stop You Using Android Auto on Your Phone (makeuseof.com) Chris
  9. Mine usually recognises the speed limit sign and sticks with it until it changes... but on motorways it doesn't always read the overhead sign, and in towns can react to a sign on a side street. Chris
  10. I love it. The Sportline trim doesn't have the VarioFlex rear seats that some owners love, but I prefer to be able to lower the arm rest on the seat back and not have a gaping hole into the boot. I find the boot size ample even without the VarioFlex sliding seats. The front seats are very comfortable, but not electrified or leather like the Edition trim. The 190PS petrol engine has the DSG box and part-time 4x4 as standard (which only kicks in when the front wheels start to lose grip -- I don't know if mine has ever done this but it's reassuring to have the extra traction if required.) There will be a hit on fuel economy compared with the 1.5TSI engine of course, but I find I get 35 mpg on 16 mile shopping trips and 40-45 mpg on long motorway runs cruising at 70 mph. Depending on the model year, you will find several of the optional extras on other trims are standard on the Sportline, but I still found a few more to add to my factory order (like dynamic chassis control and the 360 degree cameras) But note that the facelifted model does not have some of the assist systems on my MY20 car due to chip supply problems! Chris
  11. I saw one on the road last week in Scotland, and only realised it was the new model because it had dynamic indicators! Chris
  12. If you aren't subscribed to the Skoda Connect services, do you still get warnings of roadworks, road closures and traffic delays on the map? I'd really miss them if they are reliant on the Connect licences! Chris
  13. Correct. When the maps are updated there's no indication at all that it's happening - you just find that the roads and POIs are up to date. But seeing I'm now on 22.3 presumably explains why I'm suddenly seeing EV Charge Point POIs!! The updates for the car's system software invite you to start the update, and warn that it will only install when you're stationary and the ignition is turned on. This can take several days if you're a rural driver who isn't sitting in traffic jams very often! But the only indication you see is when you pull down the Notifications tab and realise the installation has been completed. ((The 1 in a circle at the top of the info screen also disappears.) Note these are only minor bug updates and changes to the shop app, etc not the major software update that you can see in the system info screen - mine is 0276 now but this had to be downloaded and installed by my dealer from the Skoda servers. Chris
  14. Update: on checking today, the maps have been updated to version 22.3. Chris
  15. The maps in my car have updated regularly by themselves, but you need to be subscribed to the Skoda Connect Infotainment Online service for it to work. (I know others have reported problems in getting the updates even when they have a valid subscription, but as I say my car has been OK.) I never got the manual update to work either, when I tried it - which was one of the reasons I renewed my subscriptions when they were being offered at a reduced price.) Chris PS: I was on version 22.1 when I last checked (in March 2022).
  16. My MY21 Sportline (delivered November 2020) has the same fittings. Chris
  17. I can only link you to the Honest John quote: Does E10 petrol reduce fuel economy? | Ask Honest John | Honest John but cannot verify his statement. Chris
  18. Surprisingly the 115PS engine came first, and was then replaced by the 110PS engine. I'm not sure of the details but the later one may well have a better fuel consumption. Chris
  19. According to Honest John: "The jury's still out on E10 fuel. While the Government's own data suggests it will reduce fuel economy by around 1%, many drivers and independent researchers report the figure at up to 10% for certain engines. Any new car launched from 2017 or 2018 onwards, however, has been designed for E10 and WLTP tested with it." So make of that what you will!! Chris
  20. My MY21 UK Sportline also only came with 2 hooks on the side rail, and the first aid kit and warning triangle aren't provided as standard in the UK (unlike the EU) as they are not legally required here. Chris
  21. When my Karoq was last serviced I had a 1.0TSI Karoq as a courtesy car. And to be honest, I was quite surprised how nippy it was! The steering felt a lot lighter than my 2.0TSI, and it drove down the M6 perfectly happily... but that was with me as the sole passenger. I guess it would be a different experience fully loaded for a family holiday? But equally, I moved from a 1.6TDI Golf Plus to a 1.4TSI Golf SV quite happily when my annual mileage dropped to around 10k (I'd be wary of DPF problems with a diesel car if it's not making lots of longish journeys.) Chris
  22. The fuel filler label will say that 95 RON is fine, but some owners are reporting that the ethynol in the current 95 RON petrol gives a poorer fuel consumption than the E5 99 RON petrol. I decided to treat my 20.TSI to E5 99 RON from new, until the recent price rises and fuel shortages made me switch back to E10 95 RON. But I can't really see any difference in performance or fuel economy. (I always refuel at Tesco by the way, as over the years I've never had any problems with their fuel.) Chris
  23. I'd use www.roofbox.co.uk, who can supply all Thule bits, and also match your existing keys to simplify things. Chris
  24. There's a digital (on-screen) copy at Skoda (skoda-auto.com) but no official PDF versions anymore as far as I can see. Or this site List of Škoda models (carmanuals2.com) has PDF copies for all years up to 2021, so could be worth watching to see if they add the 2022 version. Chris
  25. Are you sure your existing bars won't fit? Roofbox.co.uk say both cars use 127cm roof bars, so at most you only have to change the feet. I use 127cm roof bars on my Karoq with the 775 feet from my previous Golf SV. And the beauty of sticking with Karoq is that you can have a single key operating all the locks, and any other accessories (canoe carriers, bike carriers etc) will fit with no problem. Chris

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.