Everything posted by CJJE
-
19" Karoq Tyre sizes,
For anyone looking at tyres, Michelin had just updated the CrossClimate SUV tyre to match the CrossClimate 2s -- it's now the CrossClimate 2 SUV. And it comes in the 225/45 R19 size on my Sportline too. As far as I can discover the SUV version will be 'more rugged to cope with mild off-roading' and so presumably have stiffer sidewalls. There's no information yet on whether this translates into less comfort than the CC2. Details at : Everything you need to know about the Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV - Tyre Reviews and Tests Chris
-
Karoq 2022 software on an older model?
I agree with Ken. It looks very much like the MIB3 system introduced for MY20 cars, and even if it has been updated I suspect it would be very expensive to change the hardware and software in an older car. In fact, with the demand for secondhand cars nowadays, it might well be cheaper to P/X your car for a new one! (Of course, the major problems will be the delivery delays for new cars, and the fact that chip shortages have prevented the inclusion of driver assist systems which were available for my car - like area view, park assist, trailer assist etc.) Chris
-
Well well, what’s all this about then?
When I bought my Karoq, the MIB2 system had just been replaced by the MIB3 version. I also got referred to Technical Support, who told me they hadn't been advised or trained on the new system, and had to go to a local dealers to see one in action! Chris
-
Help - Cargo nets
I use the one shown across the tailgate end of the boot on the righthand side. And the one behind the back seat doesn't take up much space, and is handy to tuck shopping bags etc behind. Chris
-
Well well, what’s all this about then?
I believe you can set up Skoda Connect so that the car will contact your chosen dealer when it needs a service, and the dealer will then contact you to agree a date. If you have done this, perhaps your chosen dealer has closed down? Chris
-
Creating a route on my Satnav
I agree the satnav IS cleverer than it seems, but discovering how to get it to do what you want is still more difficult than it need be! I was struggling for ages to find a menu setting that would store your current position, until I realised you only needed to touch your current position on the map! If the system designers had bothered to pay a technical author to provide decent user documentation (based on how to perform functions rather than describe what the screens look like) I'm sure we would all be much happier with it. Chris
-
19" Karoq Tyre sizes,
My Sportline 2.0TSI came fitted with them, so they should fit OK and theoretically should give a softer ride. There's a 3.4% increase in circumference, so you'll be going slightly faster than the speedo thinks, but since they usually over-read it'll probably balance out.
-
Number Plate Surrounds
I added the text to the bottom of my number plates instead. I used to have a number plate holder on my Golf (with a Made in Wolfsburg slogan, but found the number plate rattled whenever I closed the hatch. And it seemed to easy to remove the plates too, compared with the security bolts holding mine on now. Chris
-
2016 Superb L&K - What can OBDELEVEN do for me?
You'll get some guidance here: 3V | OBDeleven But note the cheaper version only lets you use pre-written mods and not code your own. (Some experts shudder at the thought of what these might do to your car's software, but the two I've used on my Karoq have been fine.) Chris
-
Karoq on long journey with a six footer?
I'm 6ft with long legs (33 inch trousers) and find the Sportsline seats great for long or short journeys. We've just driven from Ipswich to Stafford (with a break at Cambridge) in perfect comfort. We don't often have rear seat passengers, but my daughter and son-in-law have coped for for shorter journeys. Chris
-
Anyone fitted 19" all weather tyres on their Karoq?
According to Tire Size Comparison there is a 1% difference between the two, and as speed limit cameras consistently tell me I'm only doing 28 or 29 mph when the speed limiter in the car says I'm doing a steady 30, I don't see any significant difference. And checking the MY21 brochure from 07/2020, 225/40 R19 tyres were fitted to many SELs, Sportslines and Editions depending on the engine. But the 225/45 R19s were fitted to 2.0 TDI and 2.0 TSI 4x4 DSG cars. Chris
-
Anyone fitted 19" all weather tyres on their Karoq?
My 2.0 TSI Sportline came with 225/45 R19 Bridgestone Duelers and I thought the Editions came with 225/40 R19s? When I change them for All-seasons I'll probably go for 235/45 R19s to get the CrossClimate2s rather than the CrossClimate SUVs (although these are now being superceded by the CrossClimate2 SUVs and may be available in the right size by then). Chris
-
Karoq on the autobahn
I have... and on the derestricted sections it can be terrifying seeing Transit vans flying passed you when you're doing a steady 100 mph. And when pulling out to overtake you need excellent eyesight to avoid having a Porsche or similar up your back end! Chris
-
Anyone fitted 19" all weather tyres on their Karoq?
Interesting that you rate the Cross Climate SUVs so highly. I've been relieved to find my factory-fit Bridgestone Duelers have coped with winter better than I feared, but will be switching to All-Seasons in the future. However I was a bit concerned to see that the CC SUVs were based on the old version of the CC+, while tyres for passenger cars have moved on to the Cross Climate 2s. However the size I need (225/45 R19) isn't available in them, and Michelins do seem a lot more expensive than Continentals etc. Chris
-
Online Service Plan Question
The DVLA have now issued a recall for this problem, but it now seems that for Skoda it only affects Octavias, Superbs and Kodiaqs and not Karoqs as Skoda themselves stated originally. Chris
-
VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat: Safety Recall - more than 111,000 cars at risk of fire
The DVLA have now issued a recall notice for the UK (R/2022/075) for 1150 Octavias, Superbs, and Kodiaqs. Interestingly the Karoq is not included despite the earlier statement from Skoda. Reason for recall On affected vehicles engine compartment covers were fitted that regardless of use (very sporty driving style or poor road condition) and operating period could come loose from their attachment. How to check if the vehicle is recalled Contact the local SKODA dealership or manufacturer. You will not need to pay for anything involving the recall. How the manufacturer will repair On all affected vehicles the engine compartment cover has to be removed. Number of affected vehicles 1150
-
Online Service Plan Question
Hi Paul, I was just wondering how difficult it was to access the air filter on a Karoq, and if there was a guide somewhere to doing simple jobs like changing filters... But I see Haynes have an online autofix guide which may cover it. You may have heard that there is a VAG wide recall for cars with the 2.0TSI engine as the engine cover can come loose, overheat, and then catch fire (details at VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat: More than 111,000 cars at risk of fire - Car-Recalls.eu ) and the temporary cure is just to remove the engine cover until they can find the manufacturing capacity to provide a fireproof replacement. So I imagine this will make it easier to access the air filter!! Chris I'll take that last suggestion back as a U-Tube video suggests that the air filter holder is easily accessed anyway. So yes, it's definitely a job to do yourself Chris
-
Online Service Plan Question
Hi Warrior193 Having been brought up to gap sparkplugs every 5000 miles and replace every 10000 - and then deserting petrol engines for diesel for many years - it amazes me that VAG only change sparkplugs every 4 years too. A clogged up air filter will probably hit your fuel consumption, so it's a good idea to check it every few years and replace it earlier if required. I'm assuming it is a paper type which can't be cleaned instead. Chris
-
Online Service Plan Question
I looked at the 3 service deal too, but I'll be due for 2 pollen filters and 1 extended scope instead of the 2 extended scopes this provides. So I'm going to go for the 2 service deal. The pollen filter is behind the glovebox and filters pollen from the air entering the cabin - great for hay fever sufferers! But the air filter is under the bonnet and filters the air entering the engine. While the pollen filter is due to be changed every 2 years, the air filter is only due for a change every 6 years! Chris
-
VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat: Safety Recall - more than 111,000 cars at risk of fire
Car-recalls.eu have published the following statement: Inadequate fastening of the engine cover can lead to contact with hot parts and, consequently, fire for more than 111,000 VW, Audi, Skoda, and Seat vehicles. The German Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA) has been issuing warnings several days ago. According to its own information, the authority is aware of 16 cases of damage. The recall applies to owners of a VW Golf, Passat, Tiguan, T-Roc and Arteon, Audi Q3 and Audi TT, Cupra Ateca, Cupra Formentor and Cupra Leon, as well as Seat Tarraco of the 2020 to 2022 model years. Also affected, but not yet listed in the KBA database (*), are the Skoda Octavia, Superb, Karoq, and Kodiaq. A statement from Škoda Auto Czech Republic in response to our question can be found at the end of the article. Due to current production capacity constraints, replacing the cover with a new one is not possible. Therefore, the cover will only be removed during the first service visit in a few minutes. A second service visit will be required to retrofit it as soon as the authorised partner delivers the modified cover. The internal recall codes for each brand are as follows: “10H5” (VW), “10H6” (Skoda), “10H7” (Seat/Cupra) and “10H8” (Audi). Worldwide, more than 111,000 Volkswagen Group vehicles are affected by the recall. Just over half of these (58,100) are Wolfsburg models, of which 32,000 are registered in Germany, according to the KBA. The global figures for Seat/Cupra and Audi are 30,467 and 6,320, respectively. Skoda with 2.0 TSI evo engines only Car-Recalls.eu asked Pavel Jina, Spokesperson & PR Manager at SKODA AUTO Czech Republic, for his statement, and here is the answer: Skoda Auto is recalling customers with Skoda Octavia, Skoda Karoq, Skoda Kodiaq and Skoda Superb vehicles equipped with 2.0 TSI evo engines, manufactured from August 2020 to the present, to its authorised service centres. In certain circumstances, the engine cover may become loose and move closer to hot engine parts, which can cause thermal deformation and, in extreme cases, a fire in the engine compartment. The service technician will remove the cover during the operation. Due to current production capacity constraints, replacing the cover with a new one is not possible. As soon as the authorised partner delivers the engine cover, the customer is contacted and invited to retrofit it. * Update: As of today (30.03.2022) Škoda Octavia, Superb and Kodiaq are also listed in the KBA recall (reference number 011737)
-
Online Service Plan Question
I think the oil filter is changed with the oil, but spark plugs, brake fluid, DSG oil change, air-con service etc are all extras.
-
Online Service Plan Question
I had my first Oil Change & Inspection Service at Barlow Motors, Crewe for £185 last November, but have just had an email from them offering a 20% discount if I buy one before the 2nd of May. As my car is now over 1 year old, they seem to be offering me 2 services, (one pollen filter and one extended scope) for £364.80 or £15.20 per month. Buying the next 2 services separately, I would expect to pay around £220 in November 2022 for the Oil Change & Inspection Service + Pollen filter (but excluding the advisory AirCon Service) , and around £244 in November 2023 for the Oil Change & Inspection with Extended Scope. A total of £464 spread over 18 months. The AirCon service, Brake Fluid Change, and Haldex Oil Change would all be extras presumably either way. So yes, it's a £100 saving, and you either pay the cost upfront or commit to a regular monthly payment over the next 2 years). Chris
-
The New Karoq is in production!
Battleship grey was designed to hide ships from view!!
-
Whay the difference in rear floor height?
Don't know if this helps, but with 4x4 Karoqs, the metal base of the boot has to be higher to clear the Haldex transmission, so there will be a difference in the depth of the boot. If a spacesaver spare is fitted, then the lift-up boot floor is presumably at the same height as in a Karoq fitted with a full size spare wheel. Chris
-
The New Karoq is in production!
For anyone waiting for a new Karoq, this video shows the production line, and features the orange colour too! Chris