Oil catch can

I have been looking into fitting a oil catch can to my car and after doing a bit of research i have found a very well made one from America.I have posted links below of the product and also a guide to fitting.

VWvortex Forums: Mounting My Saikoumichi Oil Catch Can

951 OCC Info Page

I will be ordering one within the next few weeks and if people are interested i will try to get a group buy going.

Cost of these are 110US dollars delivered to UK or 90 delivered (to 1 address) + any customs/VAT charges and them delivery within UK.

I have not put this in the Group Buy section as this is just to show interest and i also think no-one ever looks there.Please can this be left here for the time being to see if poeple are interested.

If this goes ahead i must state that it has nothing to do with Briskoda.

Price will be roughly £75 delivered plus any customs charges if we get hit.

These prices will include delivery to UK and then sent out by me to all people wishing to purchase one.

If this goes ahead people may collect at a meet (Awesome RR) to save on extra postage,bringing the price further down.:thumbup:

Edited by jaymd

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil Catch Tanks collect the oil, moisture and blow-by gas that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and engine to keep them clean even under the hardest driving conditions. An oil catch tank is also an excellent engine dress up item that will give your car a racing image.

Yep i can copy and paste :D

Oil Catch Tanks collect the oil, moisture and blow-by gas that causes carbon and sludge build-up in the intake system and engine to keep them clean even under the hardest driving conditions. An oil catch tank is also an excellent engine dress up item that will give your car a racing image.

Yep i can copy and paste :D

Very true. Also when pressing hard and crankcase pressure increases the oil vapours entering the intake can also increase EGT and damage the engine.

• 1 month later...

I'm interested in getting one although I'm having a look round the UK to see what I can get over here. I quite like the idea that it's not bright and shiney as it wouldn't stay like that for very long under my bonnet.

After looking around the one mentioned in most forums over here is the Mocal 1 & 2 Litre Oil Catch Tank. It is quite expensive but looks good. MOCAL - CATCH TANK 1LR BRUSHED - M-CT3R

I think by the looks of the pictures this is what Delcac is using on his Octavia. Am I right? If so how do you find it, is it worth the money (ie, build quality and function)

Edited by matt@theforce

• 2 weeks later...

So $95 inc a universal mount of $90 including a welded mount as opposed to $120.

Does it include any pipe or is this something you need to supply yourself.

Also anyone got any good mounting points for this or are there any special requirements for position compared to the outlet etc?

Looks good, but it really depends on when the GB takes place as to whether I'd take part.

So $95 inc a universal mount of $90 including a welded mount as opposed to $120.

Does it include any pipe or is this something you need to supply yourself.

Also anyone got any good mounting points for this or are there any special requirements for position compared to the outlet etc?

Looks good, but it really depends on when the GB takes place as to whether I'd take part.

$95 is with the small bracket you can see in the link.

$90 is without it.

They are $120 which includes shipping costs for 1 only.

If i can get 5 people who want one then they will ship them at there expense.

Well depending on mounting requirements, if I have to buy pipe on top of the cost and finances plus total cost I could be convinced if it fits onto a MK II Octy Derv and would make a difference to it.

I'm guessing it would reduce the amount of cr*p that builds up in the EGR/IC etc by reducing the oil vapour that turns the EGR generated soot into sticky oily stuff.

• 7 months later...