how long have your brakes lasted for?

I'm pretty impressed with the fiat....

with the vRS I needed new front and rear pads at 33,000 miles, and new front pds and discs at 70,000 miles, and new rear pads and discs at 80k.....

so far in the fiat 45,000 miles, and I've not touched them.. at the last service he said new front pads will be needed soon (but I hope to pass 50k before that happens) and the rears still looked brand new, so no real wear to worry about...

at this rate I'm thinking I can make 100,000 miles with just one change of front pads! :thumbup:

anyone bettered this?

Thats pretty good... could it have something to do with the slow learner driver speeds and the lack of wear on the brakes??!! lol

Had new brake pads and discs all round about 3000 miles ago so lets see how long they last!!!

Thats pretty good... could it have something to do with the slow learner driver speeds and the lack of wear on the brakes??!! lol

Had new brake pads and discs all round about 3000 miles ago so lets see how long they last!!!

actually I'd be quite interested... when i change jobs, I'll be after a cheap car, and I've been looking at felly's ;):thumbup: I like you're l&k... bet they're pretty rare though....

I have done 41.000 miles so far, and brakes havent been touched. I think they last another 15.000 miles before i have to change the pads.

actually I'd be quite interested... when i change jobs, I'll be after a cheap car, and I've been looking at felly's ;):thumbup: I like you're l&k... bet they're pretty rare though....

Yeh just get yourself a Felly! lol

I'd forgotten you've seen my car before... shes pretty nice and excelled herself on our trip to germany! But yeh... they're pretty bloody rare!!!

my current octi went 40,000 miles on front pads then upto 86,000 miles when I replaced discs and pads. My rear pads were changed at 50,000 and will be getting new rear disc's and pads next week at 100,000miles

My Mk1 octavia got to 82k miles before I traded it in , and all that had was a new set of rear pads.

The fronts were still original (or the garage changed them and forgot to charge me) and the disks were certainly never done.

I drove that car quite hard , but that was more on accelleration than brakes and did a lot of motorway miles which obviously helped. I try and avoid braking heavily and will gradually lose speed where possible rather than braking hard and late , and in queueing traffic I much prefer to maintain a constant speed rather than driving as close as possible to the car in front.

So far the Mk2 is on 52k with the original pads and disks

Same here Alex, 51K on original brake setup on my mk2. My mk1 octy vrs, still had original disks/pads when I sold it at 54K miles.

I bought my Mk1 vrs with 12k on the clock and sold it with 75K and at no point during my ownership were the pads/discs changed. At the service just prior to selling on I specifically asked that the pads and disks be checked and the answer came back 'there fine, good for another 10-15k at least' !

66,000 miles for the original discs and pads, but they are getting to the limit now.

Looking for discs and pads now, so does anybody know anywhere to get them other than Skoda, Buying online is not a problem.

I heard about a site called EBC Brakes....anybody used this and is it any good?

100BHP saloon, 34,000 on the clock. Amazed, no new anything braking wise, yet !

Previous vw golf (1981) was through a couple of sets of fronts by this stage and at 40,000, if I recall correctly, needed a set of replacement front disks.

Mildly impressed.

E**ing engine management light's on again for apparently no good reason, probably some kind of interference ! I'll zap it with the laptop this evening.

Nick,

30/05/08