Bored of my Vrs

Ya nearly 5 years from new i have had my octy, its never let me down but it needs spicing or selling, my best mate has got his Astra VXR now i am confertably keeping up with that hunk of junk, my skyline would cost the earth to run as a daily so i been looking around.

Test drove the new Vrs, all I can say is I thought mine was a supressor IE didnt get all flusterd at speed and when getting to speed, the new one is boring utterly oh and ugly.

The wifes new Audi S3 i like So i looked at some A4's test drove the 2.0t boring utterly even worse then the mk2 octy.

I dont like the interier of me mates VXR.

The focus ST is ****e for what its got under the hood.

The monde performance engines are too big

Every BMW is a ****s car.

Convertables are for girls or older guys.

nothing is grabbing me in other words, I love my Vrs but well its at its limits realy unless i go stupid money and thats just stupid, their are far better base models to spend that sort of cash on to get that sort of performance.

So according to the wife I got 25k's to play with and nothing in my mind to spend it on, a Diomond white RS500 crossed my mind but meh maybe ten years ago, Subaru's suck.

Im thinking maybe an Evo maybe.

So yea you be the ideas man for me, 25k, Saloon/hatch only, fully loaded, half decent modding base.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monaro and shove a supercharger on it, m3s arn't bad motors.

Good call:thumbup: and i'll raise one to the VXR8. 4 door LS2 engine and 420ps standard. same again whack a supercharger on it and hey presto 520ps:cool: Not sure if they have come down to your price range yet though?

Darren

The evo will kill you financially, doesnt it need a full service every 3k miles.

I think its every 4k mate but the bills running one can be crippling as you say

I agree with Trevor, get an S2000. Yes, it's a convertable, but you can get some amazingly cool hardtops for it (http://www.jtuned.com/media/gallery%2Farticles%2FHonda%20S2000%20Mugen%20White%2F005.jpg). Power, and visceral experience of driving it is hard to forget.

Otherwise why not look at one of the following.

- VW Golf R32

- VW Golf GTI

- Porsche Boxster S

- The Mazda 3 Aero (as Malc suggested)

- M3 (yes Beemer drivers can be t****** but why not try and change that)

- Audi RS4

- Merc AMG

Lots out there, but why not mod your Octy and see its other side.

I'd say an Evo if you can afford the running costs.

If not i'd look at a new Leon Cupra, with just a remap takes power over 300bhp:D or maybe Golf edition30 or megane R26:thumbup:

I'd say an Evo if you can afford the running costs.

If not i'd look at a new Leon Cupra, with just a remap takes power over 300bhp:D or maybe Golf edition30 or megane R26:thumbup:

Cupras a nice car saw one at Rolling road day made 305 bhp with remap and zhaust.

go for an old classic like the lotus carlton..... (I noticed you mentioned the cossie)

how many cars can you take five people in comfort at 175 mph?! (in Germany of course) ......

I had to laugh at the German highway code when I was reading up before a trip to the nurburgring. They say that on Autobahns with no speed limit shown then that section of road has no limit however speeds in excess of 155mph are frowned apon :rofl:

Problems with the EVO's is that they don't stay on peoples drive ways for long and you may have to replace your front door several times :mad:

If you have deep pockets an EVO is fantastic one of the best road cars ever made,just for turning heads there great. Performance wise nothing can keep up with one on a tight B road point to point there awesome. With servicing every 4.5k and average 20mpg you got to be a petrolhead. I had a V1 for a while and she put a smile on my face everytime a drove her.

Heres a few pics

Steve

As being a valeter iv driven quite a few rapid motors from skodas to bentleys,one car i hav driven is the new seat leon,now as mentioned up there somewhere they are rapid as hell and i think with a remap u could be pushing around 310bhp.

Its not a bad choice believe me!

Will leave s3's standing,and ur m8s vxr:rofl: That can only be a good thing right !!!!!:thumbup:

Intermediate service on the Evo is only oil change is it not?

Nice cars but not if you do loads of daily miles (unless your minted to run it)

Thats true but also AYC fluids which can only be done at dealer, mind you 4.5k soon comes round when you got one of these road rockets. Interior's crap though but you buy these for the performance.

Steve

I dont like the new cupra, call me a wierdo but ever since i found the groves a in the wings are dead ends!

if it has it it has to be working!.

As I said i drove a mates fq380 i think it was, rapid is not a fair comment realy!.

But i think i have found the car today!

waaaaait for it!

A TVR griffy! its the noise it makes im en lurveeeeee with that noise!