I must have had a rush of blood to the head. Normally I'm overly cautious when spending money but since the launch of the MK3 mx5 I've always wanted one. I have looked around for a few months driving several and last bank holiday weekend bought an ex demo 2ltr sport which I'm due to pick up tomorrow:).

Now I'm not normally an excitable sort of chap but WHOOHOOO I cannot wait.:D

NOTE: All hairdresser jokes are officially banned:finger:. The mk3 is a much more masculine looking car.

I am also keeping my old but trusty Octy estate for work etc

Welcome to the MX5 club:thumbup:

( Although Mk 1's look better imo. )

I agree with the mk1 comment, there is something about the popup headlights and those small chrome door handles.

I drove my sisters MK1 1.8is the other week, and it was a surprisingly good drive for a 10 year old car with massive mileage.

Have fun with the MK3 Graham, just be carefull and watch for the oversteer.

I agree about the oversteer:eek:

It takes time to adapt when getting out of the Fabia and into the Mazda ( especially with the lsd on the Mazda )

I have had some buttock clenchingly 'entertaining' moments..:D

Aye the MX-5 is a commendable little car, it's worlds apart in handling terms from the Octy. The 2.0 sport model has traction control as well as an LSD so tail out slideyness is rare but still happens. The surprising thing about it is the weight, or lack of it. For a "low powered" car, it sure nips on!:thumbup:

Just watch out for moronic imbeciles who drive past and smash the heated electric wing mirrors off, the don't bother stopping to foot the £160 bill for a new mirror and £70 to get the dents in the door fixed:mad:

I must have had a rush of blood to the head. Normally I'm overly cautious when spending money but since the launch of the MK3 mx5 I've always wanted one. I have looked around for a few months driving several and last bank holiday weekend bought an ex demo 2ltr sport which I'm due to pick up tomorrow:).

Now I'm not normally an excitable sort of chap but WHOOHOOO I cannot wait.:D

NOTE: All hairdresser jokes are officially banned:finger:. The mk3 is a much more masculine looking car.

I am also keeping my old but trusty Octy estate for work etc

Hell with the hair dresser jokes, I would love a nice original mark 1, base model with the 1.6 115 bhp engine (sweeter than the 1.8). an absolute peach to drive.

Have fun tomorrow, hopefully the weather will be good enough for some top down motoring.

Is/was it raining?... No?... Then it is/was a top down day!

Is/was it raining?... No?... Then it is/was a top down day!

I agree. When I become Emperor of the Universe, putting the roof up on a soft-top will only be permissible when parked or during precipitation. Conformity will be enforced by a strict shoot-on-sight policy from special police helicopters! ;)

And I don't know about the mk.3 looking more masculine, personally! More frog-like, perhaps?

Mk.3 MX-5:

bigbull.jpg

African bullfrog:

mx5_front.jpg

I agree. When I become Emperor of the Universe, putting the roof up on a soft-top will only be permissible when parked or during precipitation. Conformity will be enforced by a strict shoot-on-sight policy from special police helicopters! ;)

And I don't know about the mk.3 looking more masculine, personally! More frog-like, perhaps?

Mk.3 MX-5:

bigbull.jpg

African bullfrog:

mx5_front.jpg

:D:D

Ha been top down since getting the car Saturday. Picked it up in Edinburgh and came down home to Castle Douglas on the beef Tub road to Moffat. Sunday a drive to the Mull Of Galloway the most southerly part of Scotland.

Monday back in the 9.5 yr old skoda for work. Still a good car though.

Hopefully these are attached. Pic1 at the top of The Beef Tub near Moffat.

Pic2 at Port Logan (where 2000 acres of sky was filmed)

Nice wheels :)