1. 1. How Much

• 50-150
    • 151-300
    • 301-500
    • 501-750
    • 751-1000
    • 1000+ state how much

:eek: Where do you live Dan? Middle of the Manor or something:rofl:

Nope live in a pretty good postcode, just being 21 and not having had my license two years and a claim in the first year makes it expensive

just got my renewal quote for this year, another full years driving experience and a year of no claims, £1998.15 :D

+10% monthly, but i think im going to stick it on a credit card that's 0% on purchases for 12 months and set a standing order up to pay it off 10 to 12 months. Save my self £200ish

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ken. I get it! Brentacre did however tell me that my claim and conviction would no longer be considered as they were older than 3 years. They also told me that this wouldn't apply to all insurance companies. :)

Therefore, it still seems a little high considering I live in an "A" postcode.

Dan, you talking to me? I overtook a Felicia in my MK3 Golf TDI four years ago this month and the woman driving accelerated to block me. I couldn't move back over in time and hit an oncoming Mondeo at an estimated total collision speed of 80mph (40 me and 40 him). I totalled my car, fractured my sternum and 9mths later incurred 6pts and a £130 fine.

funnily enough my renewal has just come through ...

£528 for a group10 Octavia II 2.0TDI Sport ... no mod's

38 years old, 10 years NCD,

must be the E* rated postcode & space shuttle mileage

Done some shopping around, just saved myself £100 & will remain with the same underwriter, but a different broker. I did find some cheaper quotes that didn't cover everything I needed, so it's worth double checking that you're fully covered.

I have blue light cover on my Fabia vRS (Im an Ambulance Service worker) which allows me to respond to any Emergency on blues and twos, air side cover, theft of equpiment and car even if i leave my doors wide open or closed at a hospital or accident scence.

all for £645 a year which leaves me very happy :thumbup:

Just whish equiping the car with covert blue lights and siren was as cheap :P

I was quoted just under £800 for this year's renewal but by shopping around got fully comp for £245.

And, when/if your old insurer called to ask why you were changing, did you say "Can you say 'We are robbing bar stewards'?" ;)

• 2 weeks later...
And, when/if your old insurer called to ask why you were changing, did you say "Can you say 'We are robbing bar stewards'?" ;)

When I rang to cancel I suggested that they were indeed committing highway robbery. The broker seemed surprised that I wanted to change, "especially as You have been with us a few years now".

She did then checked again and offered a new quote around £500 for the same policy with the same company.

Apparently insurance changes rates change on a daily basis

Was quoted just under 800 fully comp from my current insurer of 6 years to quote on my VRS (who stated that to drive it I MUST be over 25 and have a 2+ year license). Money supermarket got a quote for just over 300, which also included full legal cover, NCD protection and up to a grand in audio cover all of which my current insurer didnt include in their quote. It pays to shop around and not just take your renewal quote, insurers seem to be taking Sky's aproach to existing customers, there are no loyalty benefits to existing customers anymore. I didnt ask about breakdown, Ive got that on warranty.