• 301-500
    • 501-750
    • 751-1000
    • 1000+ state how much

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28yr old male / 1x SP30 - 2004 Fabia vRS with mods declared. Insurance is fully comp with £250.00 excess, zero no claims (just got second car) sourced through Sky insurance but actual company insuring is QBE Insurance for a total of £620.00? This was the best I could find.

I paid £200 for each of the Superb and Octy - both 1.8T

Insured through MoreThan, Fully Comp, protected NCB, legal, courtesy car and for business use.

Found this through GoCompare.com

Both 40 something... Maybe Saga next year.

I pay £420 but i have points for speeding in 2005 and i had a wee bump in summer 2007 so even though i only have a slow-mo SDi, its not bad. when i was a lad, insurance was nearly £1k :o

I have 4(or is it 5?) years protected no claims.

• 2 weeks later...

Octy vRS mk 1 renewal was £865 this year with 8 years NCB no convictions 39 YO, rang brentacre and got it for £499 with all mods delcared, class 1 business use and 25K mile PA..bizarre thing was that the renewal was with the same insurance company ( Highway) but through a different Broker!

Octy vRS mk 1 renewal was £865 this year with 8 years NCB no convictions 39 YO, rang brentacre and got it for £499 with all mods delcared, class 1 business use and 25K mile PA..bizarre thing was that the renewal was with the same insurance company ( Highway) but through a different Broker!

In which case the original broker deserved to lose your business!

• 2 weeks later...

£486 with More than for a 56 plate Octavia VRS TFSi - completely standard except for a couple of low level dealer fit accessories. This being me and the Mrs 28/31 up to 12,000 miles and with business use for us both. Car parked in a garage overnight and there is a £250 excess. Nine years NCB me with an SP60 a couple of years ago and one claim each in the last five years. Dover postcode and includes the legal cover (yeah i know but it was only twenty quid so i left it on) and courtessy car but none of that breakdown malarky :cool:

Pretty good i thought :)

Stumbled over gocompare's modified car quote system, but none of their insurers would quote for a modified car! Well, except for Performance Direct who wanted about twice what my renewal was last year - honestly, why bother advertising that you can compare quotes for modified cars when you can't?! :confused: :mad:

Bout £1600 i think? works out at £135pm. Thats on a '07 56 plate 2.0tdi L&K. Bearing in mind im 20, 1yr ncb and 2 previous accidents, not bad going. funny though that churchill will insure me on a group 10 octy but not a group 9 furby RS...

Bout £1600 i think? works out at £135pm. Thats on a '07 56 plate 2.0tdi L&K. Bearing in mind im 20, 1yr ncb and 2 previous accidents, not bad going. funny though that churchill will insure me on a group 10 octy but not a group 9 furby RS...

That probably has something to do with the "Inverted Furbie Owners' Club", which means that lots of insurers are reluctant to insure anyone, particularly U-25s, on the Furbie vRS.

That probably has something to do with the "Inverted Furbie Owners' Club", which means that lots of insurers are reluctant to insure anyone, particularly U-25s, on the Furbie vRS.

Yeah, which appears to be why my renewal went up by £200 this year, and Chris Knott won't even quote me! :mad: Oddly, Adrian Flux will, and they use the same underwriter...??? :confused:

Elephant seems a bit more promising, though...

Hi Good old Soviet here,

Am renewed on 17/08/08 here for the cost for fully comprehensive of £124.90 English pounds, at the Post office here. My car is the MK1 1.6 LX 5doors hatchback.

Cover for the loss or damage

Cover for driving abroad

Legal liability cover is limit to £20,000000 for the loss to the peoples property, and death injury to others

Sound system cover

Covers accesories

Free Courtessy car

personal accident £5000 death of driver or spouse here

Windshield cover (but first £50)

Drive other cars for the third party only.

Pleasure only no commute to work

Am having the 9 years no claims.

Soviet

£209 Fully comp, two drivers (both +50) new Octavia Elegance Estate 1.6FSI. Curtesy car, legal, abroad fully comp up to 80 days, guaranteed ncb.

Liverpool & Victoria - multi car & Honda bike discounts

Bit higher than SAGA:O but only £50 excess.

About £300 for the 07 TFSI totally standard for me and SWMBO

6yr ncb, protected and legal

10k miles a year.

Could have had it for £270 but have learned the lesson about taking the cheapest quote.