Is your fabia your only car?

Thought there'd be a few people with more exciting other cars, the fabia is after all reasonably sensible lol

I'm pushing 220+bhp/ton now in my french tin can, so you'd need 286+bhp in a fabia to match that, then the 500kg weight difference, to make up for that with handling, grip and braking you'd have to do quite a bit, if it's even possible? So it's not like a normal saxo lol

Like having the fabia as a runaround because it's perfect for that task, sips fuel, got a decent amount of power when needed, comfy and reliable!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

apart from my fabia vrs, the missus has just bought a skoda roomster - she loves it, not slow with a 1.6 petrol engine too, though i havent ragged it (just in case your reading this dearest lol)

My fabia is not my only car.

Currently have,

1961 series 2a short wheel base landrover pickup.

1972 toyota FJ ragg top LHD 4.0 diesel

2004 skoda fabia vrs currently in bits

At the moment my daily driver is a 2005 volvo xc90 d5 se geartronic

I am also in the process of buying back my old 1989 golf mk2 16v gti

Usually the fabia is my only road car, the others just stand around doing nothing :rofl:

My fabia ia my main car but I only use it at the weekend, during the week I use the polo as I'm in car parks and often dont have a choice of parking spaces so it dont matter if that gets "knocked about" abit........which it does.

My Fabia TDI PD 100 is my only car. Had a Rover 75 CDT with remap previous. Prefer my Fabia in every respect. Road Tax, Mpg and insurance alone make me smile!Would love a Vrs but wifey finds sports seats uncomfy.(we are getting on a bit)

SWMBO and I have a Fabia each, a hatch and an estate, but I also have a Porsche 968 as my weekend toy (Shell V-Power unleaded is now cheaper than diesel what's that all about?).

Yep, the 1.4Mpi is my daily driver... Slow but tuned for handling... so much fun in the bends.

If i'm lucky i get to drive my mum's Ford Puma 1.6 on the weekends or use Dad's 2.0L D Freelander for hauling stuff around.

-Duggie.

Yeah because im poor.

Trying to source a wreck to use as a track car, looking at a pulsar gti-r thats been abandoned for a year (might get it for free ;) )

get a 205 :P

where would you take a track car, not sure of all the tracks up here apart from knockhill.

i own two cars but the other is hers realy the fabia was bought 4 me i do bout 100 miles each working day and then we use hers at weekend normally but hers is constantly broke and in a garage (under warrenty) all i have 2 say is its french and its electrical/fuel problem say no more!!!! but were just getting fed up wif that so she maybe having mine as she does less miles and i get a old diesel estate to rack up the 1000s of miles on, and so we can put the dogs in easy when we wana take them somewhere.

get a 205 :P

where would you take a track car, not sure of all the tracks up here apart from knockhill.

Looked into a 205 but the prices are ridiculous, 1k for a decent 1.9 gti, you can get a cheaper saxo vts but then theres a serious image problem :)

tracks near me are

Knockhill

Croft

Oulton

Donnington

Quite a few :cool:

i own two cars but the other is hers realy the fabia was bought 4 me i do bout 100 miles each working day and then we use hers at weekend normally but hers is constantly broke and in a garage (under warrenty) all i have 2 say is its french and its electrical/fuel problem say no more!!!! but were just getting fed up wif that so she maybe having mine as she does less miles and i get a old diesel estate to rack up the 1000s of miles on, and so we can put the dogs in easy when we wana take them somewhere.

And breath! ;)

As well as our much-loved and much-enjoyed Furby VRS workhorse we have ten-year old Lotus Elise S1 as a weekend fun car.

The handling on the Elise is truly amazing (improved with the Yokohama tyres) - and it's low-speed acceleration is great too. But the Furby still always puts a grin on my face too every time I drive it (plus we can get two lots of scuba gear in the Furby - don't try that with an Elise .... )