fuel

98 0ct as indicated on sticker on fuel flap, and in handbook. can be run on 95 oct but with reduced performance.

I use Tesco finest 99 oct.

Higher RON the better, I use Tesco 99 others swear by shell Vmax or BP Ultimate. I would never run 95 on mine even though its cheaper per litre I get about 30 miles more on a tank of super so the extra difference pays for itself :thumbup:

I always used tesco unleaded in my old mk1 and had no problems. Never semed slow either. Used to get around 350miles from a tank with mixed driving.

Blimey how did you manage that! Most ive got is about 320 with an indicated 25 miles left in the tank

i use 95 and manage 380-420 on a run and 350-390 drivin between work and cardiff and bit round town.

i used to use 99 but found the eco, was the same pos bit worse cos it does runn better on it so the urge is there to have fun....

now havin it remapped i use 95 and still get 36-41mpg betwwen brawdy and cardiff.

gonna try the 99 again though

I'm running straight 95 at the moment because I don't seem to go anywhere to buy 98/99 and it does stop me playing at inopportune moments, but, and this has been posted on several other threads here,

Normal ULG - it works ave 34.5mpg

Tesco premium - lively ave 35.2mpg

V-Power - Much better ave 36.5mpg

BUT

Total Excellium - :D STUNNING :D.........AND..............41.1mpg

This was worked out using tankfulls, not too much mixing, and the back of a fag packet.

I really do like the Excellium, but the nearest garage selling it round here is 25 miles away, I don't get it very often. But ULG is good for bimbling about.

I normally use Tesco 95, but at the moment in Bournemouth Tesco 99 is 3 pence per litre more expensive, so I've been treating the engine to the more pure fuel. I find there is not really much difference until the rev's get up to 4000rpm plus. Also when I pull away and the rev's drop too low (poor clutch control) I find 99 fuel makes the valves rattle slightly.