The real Octy facelift!

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good. Not sure about that radio. 3 knobs is 1 too many for me.

The piano black trim looks ok, especially having been extended around the gear stick. I don't like the interior, but it's a good thing they put in that small net at the passenger's feet like Benz's had for a while now.

Is there a picture of that net?

I haven't seen it in Benz so have no idea where it is.

The picture with the black trim, the small thing beneath the glove box, in the passenger footwell.

Handy for carrying small items that you wouldn't want neither on the floor nor on the seat.

Oh yeah, I see it. Thanks

i like these wheels although would prefer them in 18"

newoctaviakc7.jpg

Do you think they intentionaly went for the Merc look?

Overall an improvement IMO. (Except for 'Octavia' inside the headlamp cover but I know i am in a minority here!):D

I wonder why they have only used CR in the 170 bhp and not in the others, I would have thought they would have abandoned the 105 PD units and made them 120s or 130s CR, and no air con in the classic????

I wonder why they have only used CR in the 170 bhp and not in the others, I would have thought they would have abandoned the 105 PD units and made them 120s or 130s CR, and no air con in the classic????

I'll wait for 2.0TDi CR 143HP to come up. If it doesn't come up untill mid 2010 I'll say goodbye to Skoda and work harder to get Audi A4 2.0TDi 143HP CR.

Edited by bosnjo

I'm confused, perhaps someone could explain:

Why haven't Skoda brought out the MK3 Octavia instead of a facelift?

With the new Golf being released surely the MK3 must be coming some time soon????

The reason for the golf now is because its well known that the mk5 golf costs to much to produce and has low profit margin. The mk6 golf is a lot cheaper to make and therefore has a bigger profit for VW. The octy on the other hand is good value for money in comparison and is selling well, unlike the mk5 golf where vw are almost making a loss on each car.

These days it is all just marketing spin as to what justifies a new car model (eg Mk III) versus what is only rated as a facelift. Completely new from the ground up models are rarer these days, it is much cheaper to carry over a lot of the basic architecture and suspension etc from the previous model. If Skoda want to say that a Mk II with new headlights and different interior trim is a Mk III then they can.

If we want to annoy them we could all start referring to it as a Mk 2.5, if that model "name" caught on it would really get the spin meisters in a tizz ;)

As long as the main body remains the same (even the bonnet is identical with O2 version 1) I would not call it Octavia 3. A pair of front lights, a steering-wheel and new radios does not qualify for O3. I hope! :D