The 'You know you're getting old...When' Thread

Mike B

When you mention "Thunderbirds" and none of your work colleagues have ever heard of them.

When you actually expect to pay off your mortgage this year (:D)

When you look for a comfy car, not a fast one.

when you know what an "annuity" is

When 50% of the conversations you have with friends and family mention pensions in one way or another

When the Doctor tells you for the first time, "well, at your age........"

When you get your first grey pubic hair

When you rememeber the first Live Aid, and tell everyone that Live8 just wasn't as good

When you remember when Nelson Mandela was a convict

Better stop now, I'm getting depressed.......... :o

Phil (49 last week)

When a record playing on the radio leads you to declare...

'I liked the original version better, they've ruined it...':mad:

I did that for the first time when I was 20; I'll be 46 on the 22nd.

When I look in the mirror and see that I going grey, when I look at the callander and remember I'm 35 on the 29th of July, when I realise that little'un is 10 this year, when I think that I've been a plod for the last 7 years and it aged me by 10 years, when I now think the Volvo S60 is a good looking car..........................................:(

When I look in the mirror and see that I going grey, when I look at the callander and remember I'm 35 on the 29th of July, when I realise that little'un is 10 this year, when I think that I've been a plod for the last 7 years and it aged me by 10 years, when I now think the Volvo S60 is a good looking car..........................................:(

The first of those is premature, and the last is a sign of bad taste, not age. I'm older than you and still know that the only good looking Ovlovs ever were the P1800 and P1800E!

When the 23 yr old woman you are working with turns out to be the daughter of someone you dated 25 yrs ago !

Better that than 23 years and 9 months ago :P

The first of those is premature, and the last is a sign of bad taste, not age. I'm older than you and still know that the only good looking Ovlovs ever were the P1800 and P1800E!

Thats another thing, being premature.................................Oh bugger wrong forum.......:eek:

Thanks, you are a policeman and you are younger (six months) than me:mad:

Confirmation, I'm getting old:( Still, no grey 'pubes' yet:thumbup::rofl:

When you read this thread and realise that you've got kids older than most of the people who've posted :weeping::weeping::weeping: