New superb driven

lol with the mileage i do i couldn't justify it lol

"Pleaseeeee! I could even settle for the 2.0TDI-170hp(anyways that 1 drifts better)-oops..." "Is that how you got ur nick-name. No wonder we're constantly replacing the tyres on ur demos... No more Demo's 4 u!!!{in the soup Nazi manner}"

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superb TDi won't be doing much drifting, maybe the 3.6 as I believe it has got a torsen differential and not the haldex system.

If you want to a car to practise going sideways in buy an old dog. I've got an old Capri that I use for comedy driving, you can get the back end out and hold it at less than 10mph on a wet roundabout makes it pretty safe to practise it.

"Pleaseeeee! I could even settle for the 2.0TDI-170hp(anyways that 1 drifts better)-oops..." "Is that how you got ur nick-name. No wonder we're constantly replacing the tyres on ur demos... No more Demo's 4 u!!!{in the soup Nazi manner}"

lol :D

I went on Wednesday, must say I was very impressed with the new car. The 1.8TFSI was a cracking drive on the hill circuit.

Millbrook is a fantastic place,there was something with a thunderous v8 in it doing laps of the high speed bowl all day, I never saw it but it sounded awesome whatever it was! Also Vicky Butler Henderson was knocking around doing some filming apparently (I never saw her though)

Park assist is fantastic (if you need it) I can't believe how simple it was to use, and how straight it managed to park up, time after time. It's only £350 on the SE and Elegance Superbs, but not sure if that includes the front parking sensors which are £280 on their own????

That Roomster looked horrendous!

I think it's great that there are so many Skoda employees on here. It shows that there are a number of Skoda folks who recognise the value that communities like ours add to their brand.

I wish that there were more Skoda people on here, as a great many dealership staff still view the internet, and forums like Briskoda with a great deal of suspicion.

I think they fear the sharing of information that occurs, which often means that we know more about a particular topic or problem, than they do.

I can honestly say that my Skoda owning experience has been much richer as a result of Briskoda and all the great people who give up their time to post on here.

Bagpuss.

I didn't think it was. I was merely saying that I think it's great that some of these folks are on the forum, and taking part in the discussions.

Tiguan you get visual display as an option when you have the parking camera and auto park.

Further correction. The Tiguan models 09 above get the parking display front/rear appear on the rcd510 and rns510.

When you specify the rns510, which comes with a rearview camera you get an actual video display when reversing.

Des

Further correction. The Tiguan models 09 above get the parking display front/rear appear on the rcd510 and rns510.

When you specify the rns510, which comes with a rearview camera you get an actual video display when reversing.

Des

do you now if it's an option for the Superb II???

i dont find information in any forums...

in my futur SupII i take the park assist but my whife want the rear camera...

do you now if it's an option for the Superb II???

i dont find information in any forums...

in my futur SupII i take the park assist but my whife want the rear camera...

i asked that but according to the lists at the moment theeres no option for a camera

Is it me or have VW made the Passat CC look like the Superb?

What does CC stand for? cause the Passat isnt a Cabrio Coupe

Creme Coupe?

I actually quite like the look of the Passat CC, though I've not seen one in the flesh, but I don't think it looks too much like a Superb. It does benefit from not having the chrome grill affair that they've stuck on the regular Passat (& Jettas and V6 Golfs)

The camera comes as standard with the RNS510 on the Tiguan. So I'd expect it to be the same for the Superb.

but none of the superbs weve seen so far have had a camera with the parking assist, and at the millbrook event it wasnt talked about either. i would say it may be optional but im sure they would have said something on the day

Creme Coupe?

I actually quite like the look of the Passat CC, though I've not seen one in the flesh, but I don't think it looks too much like a Superb. It does benefit from not having the chrome grill affair that they've stuck on the regular Passat (& Jettas and V6 Golfs)

It's Comfort Coupe.

• 2 weeks later...
For those that have driven the car, is the 1.8 TSI powerful enough for this size of car?

Not driven the Superb with this engine, but have driven the A4, which is of similar weight.

In the A4, I felt the engine was underpowered. You really have to rev it hard to get anywhere. In theory, it's faster than the 170 TDI from 0-60, but the in gear times are nowhere near as good.

The 170 engine gives a much more relaxed drive, due to the far greater torque.

Bagpuss.

thanks, correct me if I'm wrong but does the Audi not use the 120BHP engine rather then the 160BHP in the Superb.

If I'm wrong looks like I'll have to find some other cash to fund the diesel version.

thanks, correct me if I'm wrong but does the Audi not use the 120BHP engine rather then the 160BHP in the Superb.

If I'm wrong looks like I'll have to find some other cash to fund the diesel version.

No 120hp version of the 1.8TfSI exists...

The A4 uses the 160hp version, while the A5 gets the 170hp version. These are rumored to be increased in the near future. Yet the SuperbII is expected to receive only the 160hp version. Why not just go with the Revo upgrade to this engine? As many a good thing have been said of it!:thumbup: