Toms BMW 328i Project Journal

Tom_vRS

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry mate!

Basically the headlight is built up of bulb holders, then reflectors, then lenses, then the glass. By removing the lense (de-lense) it makes the headlight look nice and crisp and modern.

Very nice Tom. You seem to change your cars as much as I did at your age, It's best todo it while you can and in the mean time if you don't make much of a loss and you learn something wheres the harm.

It's the "making a loss" bit that seems to be the problem :)

I'd like to bet that in the last 6 years you've lost more money on cars than me Alex ;). Think Goochie worked it out as under 7k in 74 months, so well under £100 per month for depreciation, repairs, mods etc. :)

I'd like to bet that in the last 6 years you've lost more money on cars than me Alex ;). Think Goochie worked it out as under 7k in 74 months, so well under £100 per month for depreciation, repairs, mods etc. :)

Actually that’s not bad:eek:

I'd say it hasn't got enough, already missing having a hatchback and folding rear seats... :(

You should of got a Coupé then, 2 doors AND folding rear seats :thumbup:

But no back doors!

Not all coupes have folding rear seats either, as they are an option on the saloon aswell :)

Genuine BMW E36 M3 + Z3 Individual Green Steering Wheel on eBay, also, BMW, Car Parts, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 07-Aug-08 19:23:17 BST)

Whats the verdict on that??

I'm sure I have , but then I've done a hell of a lot more miles as well , plus I get a car allowance which covers all the costs. I've run two cars for as long as I wanted to and got very good value from them.

I can see you spending easily a grand on your wish-list for the BMW then selling it for £2k in a few months time having only done a couple of thousand miles.

What was the final pence-per-mile figure for the mondeo in the end?

Hopefully a good part-ex will have dragged it down a lot

I'm sure I have , but then I've done a hell of a lot more miles as well , plus I get a car allowance which covers all the costs. I've run two cars for as long as I wanted to and got very good value from them.

I can see you spending easily a grand on your wish-list for the BMW then selling it for £2k in a few months time having only done a couple of thousand miles.

What was the final pence-per-mile figure for the mondeo in the end?

Hopefully a good part-ex will have dragged it down a lot

Just worked the Mondeo out to have been 29ppm. Can't complain at that for a big old V6 :P

The 328i will cost more I'm sure, I'll probably spend a few quid on mods etc and getting the car mint yep, but sell in a few months?? Who know! :rofl:

Just worked the Mondeo out to have been 29ppm. Can't complain at that for a big old V6 :P

The 328i will cost more I'm sure, I'll probably spend a few quid on mods etc and getting the car mint yep, but sell in a few months?? Who know! :rofl:

That's not too bad in the end , though still a smidge more than my brand new octavia. Hope this one works out OK too.

Tom, Your next car will be?.......

I had a 528 Harge years ago and found the engine to be of rather a basic design. Don't

expect too much from it.....

Tom, Your next car will be?.......

I had a 528 Harge years ago and found the engine to be of rather a basic design. Don't

expect too much from it.....

Whats basic about it?? Its just like every other straight 6 BMW have made, and has single Vanos...

The 328 is about half the weight of the 528 too! :rofl:

Tom, did the saloon come with an lsd ?

Or 328i Sport only ?

No, only on early 328 sports, became an option after that.

Keeping an eye out for one though, asr is gay, apparently.