Dash styling kits

doer1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other option, with a little time, is to remove the bits you want and laquer them in the appropriate colours... may work, may look naff, but a lot of the "silver" you see in stock cars these days is just silver painted plastic.

The other option, with a little time, is to remove the bits you want and laquer them in the appropriate colours... may work, may look naff, but a lot of the "silver" you see in stock cars these days is just silver painted plastic.

Or use sticky back plastic like the guy with the yellow and blue sierra did on Clarkson ages ago.

The nicest interior trim (not sure if you can get similar on the Fabia) is the black marble effect that my dad's L&K octy has, really works well (especially as he has full black leather).

Sounds good, you got any pics?

I'd also appreciate some pics of the door cards as I need to get mine re-covered to match the seats I would like to see how it's stiched etc. in the L&K's.

BTW I've not forgotten about the towbar just been too busy at work.

NP.. figured you wouldn't be keen to be outside in the freezing weather at the mo, and I'm in no hurry :D

Yeah, I washed the car at the weekend and it iced over on some parts before I could dry it. :eek:

Have got two Fabia's, one with a carbon fibre kit on it (looks OK if you don't work with real carbon fibre all day) and my one has a titanium style kit on it. This is like a wood effect but in black and grey and many people comment on how good they both look. Make sure you check the kit you are buying, some are too thick and sit proud of the dash whereas some are quite thin and sit in and end up flush with the dash. Both kits came from Butt's. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

Well I it was a good excuse to go and test out the flash on the new digi camera!...

http://www.briskoda.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1792&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

http://www.briskoda.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1791&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

looks better in daylight i promise! Will take another tomorrow. :P

edited: see pics later in thread.