What can you get out of a tank full?

Jesus Tom you must be REALLY driving like a tart, got about 300 to a tank but i,m happy with that but i only put ordinary unleaded in mine.U sorted anything with this ARB job yet mate?

Hoping to order the ARB plus other little goodies tomorrow mate, got some ramp time at keiths on friday afternoon/evening so hoping it all comes before then!:thumbup:

We calculate mileage as litres/100 kilometers, but I will try rearrange the numbers for you to understand :)

My best tank-to-tank measurement on a '04 Octy vRS is 7.75 l/100km, which translates to 30.35 mpg. With a tank of 55 litres, it translates to 441 miles for a full tank.

My average for the last 7000 km is 417 miles per tankfull.

Best to date is 712 miles out of a tank.

Edinburgh to Redditch, around Redditch for two days and then back to Edinburgh.

If you think the driving was dull you should try Redditch!

It is a 1.9TDi.

BTW if you look down the fuel filler there is a little valve on the side that if you hold it down while filling will allow the trapped air out of the tank much faster and will allow you get get more than 55 litres into the tank.

Best i've got from my remapped 4x4 is 458miles on Asda's finest, all big roads with taffic 50-70mph with stop start, normally around 350-400 mile mark.

Average consumotions normally around the 32mpg mark (indicated 34)

Blanchie

• 3 weeks later...

hi,taxi john here,well i.m not long back from my daughters in didcot(oxon) filled up at tesco down there,done 420miles to glasgow @ a constant 85/90mph & still had just over 1/4 tank left when i got home ...octavia sdi 52plate ..miles on clock?..201186..

I've managed about 450miles on a tank in Germany (vRS = 55 litre tank)

Recently got my all time worst of 200miles on a tank, but I was tanking the nuts off it at 3am on the motorway. The car clearly loved it!

May have missed a 50mph average speed zone due to speed/tiredness, so I'm a bit paranoid now.....

This is got to be the most lame thread ever .....

Buy a diesel for fuel economy!!!!!!

Whats the point having 180bhp if your not going to use it!!!!!!!!

I suggest the people getting more then 400 should get diesels as they

clearly do not need or utilize the power!

Oh i usually get a around 250 but boost=sex!

Buy a diesel for power. Bet my derv could keep up with your octy, whilst still being able to get me 500 miles on a fill-up. :D

Diesel-al.......i dont want to catch something! yeh but how much you spentt on your car!

Perhaps having 180bhp under your right foot is not always entirely appropriate for the driving conditions - great if you live in the Cotswolds/Scotland/many other parts of GB which are (comparatively) sparsely populated and serve up tasty adverse camber swoops and crests, however running a vRS around London teaches you to drive smoothly, not only because it's safer and arguably better for the car but it also saves you fuel for when you really can use the car's power. Keeping pace with town traffic in this car really only requires a prod on the throttle every now and then, perhaps a gearchange occasionally. Personally, and I should imagine some others who have contributed to this thread would agree, there is some satisfaction to be had in attaining 35mpg+ in London and 43+ on the motorway from a 1.8T engine - recently I had a new Fabia courtesy car while my vRS was being fettled, and struggled to get 28mpg through town keeping the little three-pot buzzing along with the rest of the traffic. I like the fact that my car can beat this as it's so long-legged, but yet can fire me along an enjoyable road when I'm in the mood. If you want all-out performance, why not go for a Clio Cup or similar? To my mind, the Octavia vRS is not a car that always wants to play, and surely there are other owners on this forum who appreciate it's ability to sip frugally when driven with care.

388 is my highest before filling up but generally if I'm around 1/4 tank or less I'll just fill up when its convenient.

I always fill it to the top and reset the trip though so I can calculate my MPG (must be OCD or something, I even have a spread sheet and pretty bar charts :o ) and my highest ever economy over a tank was 39.0 MPG... that was very much a one off though :P

My average over the last 10k was 31.9 MPG.

Oh i usually get a around 250 but boost=sex!

If this is such a lame thread, why post in it and read it in the first place!!!

I have a vrs because I want the performance, when I want to play, however, I can not warrant two cars and so I have to run my car for work ( Sometimes upto 600 miles per week!)

I dont get a fuel allowance so mpg plays a big part in my sallary.

I too can drive like a kid with my cap on backwards and get less than 200 miles to a tank but that is not the point of the thread, the point was if I drive very steady I can manage a weeks traveling on 60 quid as a pose to 150 quid driving like a p*$ck!

Think that makes sense to most who have posted! I have tried to put it in basic terms in case you miss understood!:rofl:

Thanks for your comments though guys. Sure most got the point.

Octavia vrs= SENSIBLE mans hot hatch!!!!

Tom:thumbup: