Child seat recommendation ?

At 8 months they may be too big for the Recaro Young Profi Plus, with isofix base, which I use without any problems. I intend to upgrade to the Young expert plus when he has outgrown the Young Profi. I have tried that in the car and it fits perfectly with the isofix base attached.

Hope this helps.

We have the Maxi Cosi Priorifix - semi-universal Isofix car seat - Black Reflection : mothercare. It's a good fit on the VRs seats although you do need to keep the headrest in place to keep the fitting rigid. I was told by more than one fitter that with isofix it doesn't have to be rigid (like seat belt fastened seats) but I prefer it that way. It's always worth testing a few for the fit to make sure you're are comfortable with its fit.

We have the Maxi Cosi Priorifix - semi-universal Isofix car seat - Black Reflection : mothercare. It's a good fit on the VRs seats although you do need to keep the headrest in place to keep the fitting rigid. I was told by more than one fitter that with isofix it doesn't have to be rigid (like seat belt fastened seats) but I prefer it that way. It's always worth testing a few for the fit to make sure you're are comfortable with its fit.

The Recaro Young Profi is rock solid on the isofix base in the back of both the vRS's.

The Recaro Young Profi is rock solid on the isofix base in the back of both the vRS's.

So is the MaxiCosi Priorifix if you retain the headrest.

Cant comment on the vRS but the Maxi Cosi Cabrio, Priory XP and Rodi XP all fit really well and solid in the back of our 4x4 and the Fabia

Whatever you do, get a seat protector from someone like sunshine kids (sold in halfords).

Protect the seats from been damaged by the imprint of the car seat and a certain amount of food etc. Although I try not to let them drink or eat in the vRS!!

Steve

I got a Maxi Cosi Tobi Maxi-Cosi Tobi - Black Reflection

Fitted using seatbelt and it's a really nice tight fit in my vRS. Also got the big rubber seat protector thingy (neatseat) in mothercare which helps grip the child seat into place as well as protect car seat :)

Highly recommend... it's got decent side protection, nice headrest which stops head rolling about when asleep in it.

Seems very comfortable... my wee boy (just over 1.5yrs) slept in it most of the way from glasgow to nairn on our summer holiday with no complaints when awake.

I've got the mothercare own brand sports seats, sorry can't remember the model name, but the black and grey colours fit perfectly with the interior of my RS.

These handle from 6 months right up until the end of the nanny state imposed regulations.

Billy

I went for Britax ones for both the rear facing and forward facing seats (can't remember the exact model) - fit really well using the Isofix on the back seats of my VRs.

Does anyone have any recommendations for protecting the back of the drivers seat as it is starting to get a little scuffed from my boy using it as a footrest.

Cheers,

Balham

Threats? :rofl::rofl:

Works for me and my eldest is only 20 months. I get neurotic about the smallest speck of dirt in my car.

What about the halfrauds seat protector hung from the back of the front seat? They only cost £10.

I've got a Britax Duo Plus Isofix and my daughter loves it. The fitting is very solid and it comes with some fittings to prevent the Isofix jaws damaging the uphostery. It reclines and is good upto 18kgs.

I've got a Britax Duo Plus Isofix and my daughter loves it. The fitting is very solid and it comes with some fittings to prevent the Isofix jaws damaging the uphostery. It reclines and is good upto 18kgs.

I have the same seat for my daughter. she is just at the stage of getting to the top of the height range for it though.

We'll be sticking with Britax as all our seats from them have been top notch. We have replaced her other seat for my wife's car with a Britax Evolva 2-3 Isofit and it's fantastic. One of the few in this age group that still uses the isofix mounting points.

One other thing I've noticed is that out of the 2 older seats we've had 1 was isofix and the other used the seat belt. I think it was called the Renaissance by Britax and it had a much thicker base which made it more difficult to get the child in and out of the car. It also restricted how far the front passanger seat could be pushed back.

HTH.

Another vote for the Britax Duo+ ISOFIX. Daughter very comfortable...

Yup get this one - shop around for it as prices vary a lot.

I got one of these from theskodashop - Recaro Young Sport:

1208448685_seat1_w450_h400.jpg

Skoda UK Recaro Young Sport Child Seat Black/Grey - ZGB000061648A

It may be slightly on the large size for an 8-month-old, but will do until your kid no longer needs a baby/booster seat. It's a decent price, and of course it matches the vRS trim! :)

It's not ISOFIX, but then neither mine nor my wife's forward-facing seats (Britax Evolva 1-2-3 Ultra) are even though Ap0gee Jr's rear-facing one was. We decided against ISOFIX this time around because while it was an absolute boon when we would take Ap0gee Jr to and from the car in the car seat, the new seats stay in the car. Therefore, while the ISOFIX base removed the need for messing with setbelts etc. every time we went out in the car, there's no longer an issue with the front-facing seats. And while the ISOFIX system makes it easier to confirm the seat's secured properly, the fact that the forward-facing seats stay in the car means that spending five minutes making sure it's right the first time it's used is all that's required.

Clear as mud? Get the Recaro Young Sport IMHO! :thumbup:

I got mine from Kiddicare.com.

They were the cheapest by miles and the service and communication were excellent.

Completely agree - got mine from there and will def be going back for the next one.

Cheers,

Balham

We have two children and already use both steps of the Recaro Isofix seats - they are really good and easy to use, isofix is much better, you can not fix them false, even my wife not :-)

The only one handycap is, that the headrest must be pulled out for the Young Expert plus. I think for babies the best and safest is Recaro...

We travel regular up to 250 miles with the children with one stop - they haven't any problems after two hours sitting!