Road Trip 2008 - Updates

Kaiserb_uk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stelvio pass this afternoon:) weather 28 degrees :o and sunny :P

Only one small **** up so far, the international agent managed to get a booking confused, so a double room needed in Chur, but the efficient Swiss managed to find a twin room in another hotel for the remainder of our party, major relief as the place is packed out, very:O though.

Along the way we have got lost in Paris :eek: been down a drainage channel/channel in Nimes (vey Italian job, but in France) Meant to do it folks all part of the PPat tours experiance :rofl: Kept together for a goodly proportion of the routes, but when we have been split up eveyone as managed to find the right roads and Drive :D

Thats all for now :wave:

Andrew

Glad it's all going well.

been down a drainage channel/channel in Nimes (vey Italian job, but in France)

Your not the only one to have done that :eek:

Dam Tom Tom :D

P8040233.jpg

Thanks again to Postman Pat for organising such a monumental trip.

Thanks to everyone else who went and made the nights such a good laugh

Pat "Cafe de Paris"

Sean "Mit Gas"

Jeanette "Bloody Satnav"

Will

Simon

Irin and last but not least Roxy

Fuel was cheapest in Switzerland :eek:

Andrew, Sincere thanks for planning, leading, organising and controlling such an eventful and truly unforgettable tour. (I knew my Open Uni thingy in whatchamacallits wasn't a waste)

I would like to thank everyone for their special contributions to making the tour a unique experience and I have named sections of our adventures in their honour -

APD007's Handbrake mini-Tour of Tight Green French Corners and Tyre Shops

kaiserb_uk's BlackMagic mini-Tour of Unmapped Europe

Adele's Frequent Tours of Large German Mens' Bottoms

Sean's "La Meme Chose" Tour of Gastronomic Europe

Jeannette's "Road's Clear, You're Still Clear", "Bus Coming", "Fecken Bikers" Tour of European Overtaking Hot-spots

APD007's "I've got better brakes than an Audi" Head-to-head Tour of the Alps

Irin's Alpine Photographic Tour of the Czech Chick's Cleavage

mathepac's Tour of the Noisiest Bedrooms in the Universe (European Leg)

The "My SatNAv Sez" Tour of U-turns, Round-abouts, Intersections, Cul-de-sacs, Drains, Deserted Railway Stations and Going Round in Circles

postmanpat's "Oh 5h1te, I've overcooked that" Tour of Alpine Kitty-litter

The Briskoda Tour of Witty Austrian Head Waiters (I posted back his key)

The "Feed the Tourists Any Auld Strange Green 5h1te in a Shot-glass" Tour of European Dining Rooms

The Briskoda Tour of the Most Expensive Bread in the World

Thanks guys and commiserations to ric04vrs on missing out and sincere thanks for the opportunity to hook up with some of the most genuinely friendly and enjoyable people I've met in a long time - total nutters, but genuinely friendly and enjoyable nutters.

It was a good'un - here's to next year. :thumbup:

Well - finally rested, watered and registered on Briskoda. Just wanted to add my thanks to Andrew for organising this trip - I seriously couldn't have asked for a better week. It was made all the better by the great company of everybody who went. Mind you, lets not forget that this trip was also full of danger and peril....lest we not forget our attempted poisoning by some green concoction in Baratier after insulting the french by questioning the composition of the alps and the horse/ toll booth size ratio. Our run in with the ultimate femme fatale nearly cost us too - but luckily pat was set upon Adelle and (presumably) dispatched with her. Then of course was the perfectly legitimate questioning of the menu in Chur and our near -bankruptcy by the Austrian's decision to try and halt our bread eating by charging us per slice and over-taxing the butter.

Seriously though, wonderful time. Cheers Guys.

Sean