Road Trip 2008 - Updates

Kaiserb_uk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would just like to take this opportunity of wishing all the road trip participants a truely excellent time , circumstances stopped me going :(

and be safe , we don't want to hear about people driving off the road etc

Shh! - I'm drumming up interest in my blog among my friends with promises of me plunging down an Alp with the video camera running...

Have just spent another few hours programming the satnav and by eck there's some twisty bits!! :eek:

thinking ofadding the Col de Turini as well as an excursion on our day off if there are any takers :)

new_classic_monte3.jpg

It is worth the trip :thumbup:

Was there about 4 weeks ago.

It is worth the trip :thumbup:

Was there about 4 weeks ago.

Agreed, there earlier this year & def a box to tick & a fun drive so worth the trip, If you are running sat nav take a piccie of the screen. Its the only time Ive seen road appear to blend into one.

With Reims they are in the process of fencing it off. We were there three weeks ago. If you want to get up into the stand opposite the pits for a photo shot go through the back of the pits & walk along until you find the underpass. If thats not fenced off go under the road & you can access the stand from the back. If your cars parked in front of the pits it makes a good piccie.

On Stelvio theres a Police station on the Italian side about 1/2 way up, just looks like an old building, its where the road splits for the other pass into Switzerland. They sometimes sit & listen for Enthusiastic drivers coming towards them. A few friends spent an hour there last year. Plods parting comment was "remember Italy is not a race track" Have you seen how the Kin Italians Drive !!

Also look out for the DIY5K painted on the road, its where a friend tapped the wall & ended their trip the year before

Remember dont drive at 100%, especially at the ring, tis a long trip. Ive seen many trips ruined by broken cars or offs on the track

Edited by Stuart_J