any dealers got one yet ?

jcblincs

Some dealers ordered the very earliest W34 cars which they have got now.

We where hoping to have both the Steel Grey Elegance and the Mocha SE for the launch but that looks unlikely as the Brown one isn't even built yet... Gutted.

The dealer supplying my car has got one demonstrator already (a Rosso Brunello 2.0 TDI 170 Elegance), and is still waiting on their other demonstrator. They don't believe it will arrive before the 18th.

My two local dealers are still waiting for their first cars, one is confident it will arrive before launch day, the other isn't.

One demonstrator is better than none, though.

Would be really interested to see some pictures of your steel grey demonstrator , as this is the colour I've ordered.

Bagpuss.

None of the dealers I've spoken to have ordered petrol cars for their initial demonstrators, but it would probably be worth asking Skoda themselves. They must know who has ordered what.

I'm pretty sure that James from Allams said that they were getting a 1.8TSi at some point.

Bagpuss.

James - well you are about 2.5hrs from me but it might just be worth the trip. I want the 1.8DSG so this will be ideal. keep me posted..im not holding my breath as i realise it will be a little while !

i reckon many dealers are misisng a trick - i reckon there will be more petrol nuyers than they think due to the cost of diesel and the good fuel economy of the 1.8T.

I agree. I reckon the 1.8TSi DSG will be a fairly good seller.

What colour/spec would you be interested in buying as I might as well order the one you want as I have no preference as I've ordered 3 Superbs that I fancy already. Plus if you drive it and you like it you'll have already found the car you really want as an ex-demo.

I hope everyone will be happy with the mpg of the 1.8. I am not sure what people expect of this engine but have seen many cite the "good economy of the 1.8". I have this engine in my Octavia, on a run in mostly 60mph roads I will maybe get 38mpg. On faster 70mph roads maybe 36. I avg about 31mpg.

In the heavier (I am guessing here) Superb, will these figures be matched? never mind bettered, and I doubt the DSG will help to much either. I still think the derv car will work out best for most users

Ants, any chance of some interior pictures?

Did you order the wood trim? If not, then I'd be really interested to see what the fake metal trim on the dash looks like.

Thanks again,

Bagpuss.