ECO-TEK Valve

vader vrs

Hi ya all, I posted a question some time ago on the 30-10-06, asking if any one had heard of a Eco-tek CB-26p valve(Ecotek). The response I received was, lets say "Less than favourable". But against all the advice 3 months ago I bit the bullet and bought one....... No difference in throttle response as I can tell but my average mpg (around town) has jumped from 26mpg to 30mpg and on the motorway at a steady 75-80mph I even see 36mpg, keep it to around 60mpg and 40mpg is possible. All with 230bhp on tap, I have to recommend this little device. A price of £58 is a bit steep but got mine off E-bay for £35, Result! :thumbup:

They had their adverts pulled by Trading Standards because it could not be proven that it gave any benefit. Read into that what you will. I've been told they can bugger your engine up making it dependent on the valve and when its removed it runs like crap. They also make a STUPID noise.

YouTube - ecotek noise

sing the latest motorsport combustion technology the Ecotek Valve is a fantastic easy to fit mod.

The Ecotek Valve causes air turbulence in the inlet manifold – known as either tumble or swirl technology - which improves engine efficiency and gives you all the benefits you'd expect from dramatically improved combustion.

We've sold thousands of the Ecotek Valve and no one EVER complains because they cost peanuts for a top notch mod!!

Want to see it in action? Click one of the links below to watch a video of the Ecotek valve being tuned.

lol @ swirl

the idea behind the swirl i think is that the air is moving faster as this is what they used to do on early f1 cars to increase down force levels, but from what i can tell there a load of crap and i will backup this statement with if they worked why are they not utilised in another form in all cars? sorry but a load of carp and would be better removed sooner and sold on.

I already had Cold air induction kit and remap before i fitted the CB-26p and it hasn't suddenly got colder but i am seeing a noticeable difference in mpg. I was probably getting around 26mpg because as i only really get to drive the car at the weekend i tend to enjoy it and make the most of the 230bhp. :eek: I've had it fitted for a few months now and just to prove (or disprove :magnify:) to myself and every one else I'm gonna take it off for a few weeks and note any changes in mpg and performance. :o Thanks for input guys. :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys, its been a little over 2 weeks now since i removed the CB-26 Ecotek valve to prove to you guys and myself whether or not it actually does anything.I have done about 400 miles at various paces. I have just refitted it and must say that at motorway speeds there is a definite improvement in MPG however, my initial statement that MPG improves across the board were perhaps a tad optimistic,(Humble pie time :o )but i have noticed (now i am paying extra attention) that the throttle response seems to be much sharper at lower speeds than they are without the valve fitted. Conclusion, In my opinion it was worth the money. :thumbup:

probably allows a little air to bypass the MAF making the engine run a tad richer or something.

Either way it's a load of old tosh like electric superchargers (hair drier) and fuel (fridge) magnets.

it doesnt work, it cant work, however i do have a new set of clothes fit for an emperor if you would like to buy them?

I dont care what anyone else thinks, i know its doing something and at the end of the day i only paid £35 (£25 for the CB 26P valve and £10 for a filter), not the RRP of £58 so for now i'm happy to keep it fitted... :orb_boss:

Edited by vader vrs

• 2 weeks later...

VADER vRS - It is doing something but nothing that is any good!!!! These have been around for ages! I was stupid and brought one for my old car. A big waste of money!!!!! They do more damage than good. Every good mechanic/car forum I know say they are a waste of good engine space. Every one else should avoid these!!!!

Well i applaud you for being subjective and willing to try it out. And the fact you are noticing the affect shows that people would rather beleive the rumor than trying it out for themselves.

Hmm.

:+1: for Ken's comment - and in my case perhaps you should read my project diary.

Seemingly these "eBay cheap fixes" aren't all they cracked up to be... :rolleyes: