WW VRS - Fabia vRS Combi

Tech1e

I've stripped both cars, cleaned the estate and today i got the engine loom, abs pump, brake lines etc swapped. I had a mechanic friend over doing the clutch, timing belt, water pump, hybrid turbo etc on my engine that is out. Hopefully get the engine in this week.

I have ordered the vRS rear bumper for the estate along with a boot spoiler from CZ and hope to get all the bits in to paint next week.

It s amazing when they are striped, how much stuff has come out of the cars and where to store it???

Anyway Ross, i've been putting in 1 hour a day + Saturdays and whasts this pot of cash, can you tell me where i find it? It is useful though that i can clean and modify parts at work! The Milltek exhaust will be going in next week, to be extended to suit the estate, and I have honed and ultrasonic cleaned the manifolds etc.

Alex

I'm joking with ya mate :)

Om taking it all out on this one as I am seprating what I need etc so I can sell the rest on. Plus working out the logistics of ESP and Xenons to go on.

I'm joking with ya mate :)

Om taking it all out on this one as I am seprating what I need etc so I can sell the rest on. Plus working out the logistics of ESP and Xenons to go on.

What about the rear bumper, lights and wheels? Are they all damaged?

nope it isnt - remember my car vs Stu's Mk2 Octy ;) it's got a little crack at the left hand side, may be fixable though as you can hardly see it.

One of the rear lights was ok I thought, but who knows.

The tricky thing is making sure all bits are with Ross as I have a few at the flat still. Got so much to do it is scary LOL

nope it isnt - remember my car vs Stu's Mk2 Octy ;) it's got a little crack at the left hand side, may be fixable though as you can hardly see it.

One of the rear lights was ok I thought, but who knows.

The tricky thing is making sure all bits are with Ross as I have a few at the flat still. Got so much to do it is scary LOL

Ah I remember now.

Still worth trying to sell the one light on eBay and the bumper - but listed with mild damage.

Oh - Stop moaning and pull your finger out :rolleyes:;):D

Spent and age trying to unbolt the filler neck etc for the propane tank, then thought feck it.

12102008155.jpg

12102008153.jpg

Easy peasy.

The Bengie just encouraged me to have a bit of fun while the grinder is out.

12102008159.jpg

12102008160.jpg

12102008161.jpg

So as it stands the wiring is all removed, the whole rear is stripped and the engine is almost ready to drop out.

(adding fuel to the fire) that wouldn't be the case if he drove a derv Fabia....:rofl:

but he's broken his VAG Octavia and he's broken a diesel, so nothing's safe :D the vectra make it all the way home..?

Tell me about it, i'm always fixin them.

So far in my house he has fitted a dimmer switch, something is wrong here.

I understand he's helped you with your spelling too :D :P

but he's broken his VAG Octavia and he's broken a diesel, so nothing's safe :D the vectra make it all the way home..?

I understand he's helped you with your spelling too :D :P

Yeah but only afterwards, and even then he wasn't sure.

Still all good in the end.

• 1 month later...

Things have moved on a bit since the last update. Currently fitting in the job in between my daily job and my weekend job. Finally the vRS looks like this,

02122008311.jpg

02122008312.jpg

Shortly after it was wisked away by a very large forklift and dumped in a pile over the other side of the farm, bye bye.

So now I have a very large pile of bits in the corner of the unit to sort through and a Fabia Estate that needs some love, going to be a busy few weeks thats for sure.