Still Admired

SkoDave

Was trapped in a lengthy queue yesterday on my way home from work and a truck pulled up alongside me in the other lane and the passenger motioned for me to wind down my window. I wouldn't usually think this is a such good idea, but I was confident I hadn't made any questionable maneuvers recently and he looked friendly enough so I complied. Ended up he just had a lot of questions about the vRS (power, insurance costs, my opinion, etc). We chatted briefly while shuffling along, but his lane ended up moving slightly faster than mine so we ended our "conversation" with him praising how much he liked the look of the car. Put a smile on my face while stuck in the horrendous traffic as it was pretty cool to know the Fabia still gets admiring looks from other motorists. Just thought I'd "share the Fabia love".

:D

Ive had no *s n i g g e r* "you drive a Skoda" comments. End of the day, its a VAG lol Must admit, i still get looks when the car goes past lol :)

Try working for someone in the motor industry... :mad:

I lost count of the amount of jokes about cakes I got when that advert first showed!

I normally just get "oh.. any good?" lol.. don't mind that so much but one of my female friends did laugh in my face!.... and I mean Laugh, not s******..

She'd just written off her N reg Polo, and was driving a K reg fiesta.. The only problem with people who have this attitude is that you can't convince them without looking desperate... "but it's good and fast and well built".. "Yeah, whatever.. it's a skoda mate" Grrrrrr lol!

I always try to not go down the "oh, but it's a VW underneath" route as I feel this is cheating Skodas name somehow.. like it's admitting it'd never be any good if it was just developed by Skoda alone, I mean.. of course VW played a part.. but I'm sure it's still more Skoda than VW even if it does part share? for one it looks completely different.

Try working for someone in the motor industry... :mad:

I lost count of the amount of jokes about cakes I got when that advert first showed!

I know what ya mean mate, in my mechanics course i'm doing I mentioned I drove a Skoda and the amount of jokes I got was quite embarrassing :o

Of course like a nutter I am I piped up with "Wait till I take ya out in it!" to which one of the lads replied "Only so you can help him push it when it goes!" :thumbdwn:

Still, the majority of people recognise they're good cars :rolleyes:

I love the looks i get in my car you get the ones that people are not too sure what the car is and the ones they go oh look its a skoda normally chavs but then when you batter them off the lights they soon see the other side lol

I love the quote " thats well fast, whats in that" to the even better reply "1.9 tdi" most people cant believe it. :)

I normally just get "oh.. any good?" lol.. don't mind that so much but one of my female friends did laugh in my face!.... and I mean Laugh, not s******..

She'd just written off her N reg Polo, and was driving a K reg fiesta.. The only problem with people who have this attitude is that you can't convince them without looking desperate... "but it's good and fast and well built".. "Yeah, whatever.. it's a skoda mate" Grrrrrr lol!

I always try to not go down the "oh, but it's a VW underneath" route as I feel this is cheating Skodas name somehow.. like it's admitting it'd never be any good if it was just developed by Skoda alone, I mean.. of course VW played a part.. but I'm sure it's still more Skoda than VW even if it does part share? for one it looks completely different.

gah! must...resist...:o

I drove up to open evening couple weeks ago, kids were directing cars as usual, had 2 year 11 lads come find me the next day "what car you got Miss thats well nice" so i told them "no way" so i said "mines the mini version of Mr Aydens VRs (hes got an octy in matching silver) parked next to it" they had to go and look to believe me bless them.

Mmmm. Many Golf , A3 and lots of other drivers look at my Furby, with an intense interest. as soon as i catch there eye, they look away like they are embarrased. That`s when i smoke them and give them something to be embarrased about.

Saying that i think us Skoda drivers have a chip on our shoulders and have something to prove. Don`t know why we just do.

At the lights I had a sporty Seat Leon driver pull up next to me. He looked over as if to say "try it then" and his passenger was looking over too. Such was his desire and panic to 'show me up' to his female passenger that he totally missed his gears and ended up stalled with the following motorists blowing their horns. I pulled away gently but I think a point was proved - the Fabia vRS has earned a repectful place on the roads.

TH

I remember going to the pub a few days after getting my VRS (sold my 106 GTi to get it). Some of the girls that I know came over and said "I here you have a new car". I said "yup its a Fabia VRS". One of them scoffed thats a Skoda isn't. Simple reply was "so you wont be wanting a lift home in it later then". One of the others said "Mark what are you playing at" They hadn't even seen the car. It wound me up TBH.

I now have the cupra which is faster and does get a lot more respect but it is defiantly not as well built as the Fabia.

I also agree. A lot of the VRS's that I have come across do have something to prove.

(NOTE: I was designated driver)