tyres!!!

just realised i need a couple o new tyres on the front.:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:.was jst wondering if anyone can tell me the best kind of tyres to put on the fabia?as its coming into winter i would like ones that are good in wet but not to expensive.:D.any ideas???cheers:thumbup:

just realised i need a couple o new tyres on the front.:thumbdwn::thumbdwn:.was jst wondering if anyone can tell me the best kind of tyres to put on the fabia?as its coming into winter i would like ones that are good in wet but not to expensive.:D.any ideas???cheers:thumbup:

I would like to make an appeal on behalf of this kitten:

shoot_kitten.jpg

Countless numbers of kittens just like this one are put to sleep every day when someone fails to hit the search button or just browse back through the last two days of threads for the answer to a question (A question which must now have hundreds of threads relating to it).

This kitten was one of the lucky ones to be saved by the use of the search function and is now happily playing with a ball of string and tearing someones sofa to pieces. He will live, but how many more will perish?

Please....

Think of the kittens...

Use the search :thumbup:

Continental contact 2 were on mine and are very good.

If they are a bit pricey try BF Goodrich or Toyo.

I would like to make an appeal on behalf of this kitten:

shoot_kitten.jpg

Countless numbers of kittens just like this one are put to sleep every day when someone fails to hit the search button or just browse back through the last two days of threads for the answer to a question (A question which must now have hundreds of threads relating to it).

This kitten was one of the lucky ones to be saved by the use of the search function and is now happily playing with a ball of string and tearing someones sofa to pieces. He will live, but how many more will perish?

Please....

Think of the kittens...

Use the search :thumbup:

grow up man.:finger:

Toyo T1R's:thumbup:

You must be joking :eek:, just going into winter. Toyos are the worst tyres I've ever bought, near lethal on cold greasy winter roads with loads of understeer and next to no bite or feel to the steering. They are ok in summer but for the extra £10 a tyre, you may aswell get some Goodyears and enjoy your motoring.

My T1R's have lasted 9k miles and 12 months, not good value at all IMHO. I've just got a pair of GSD 3's from my local tyre place for £85 each and can now look forward to enjoying the car again.

You must be joking :eek:, just going into winter. Toyos are the worst tyres I've ever bought, near lethal on cold greasy winter roads with loads of understeer and next to no bite or feel to the steering. They are ok in summer but for the extra £10 a tyre, you may aswell get some Goodyears and enjoy your motoring.

My T1R's have lasted 9k miles and 12 months, not good value at all IMHO. I've just got a pair of GSD 3's from my local tyre place for £85 each and can now look forward to enjoying the car again.

Compared to the Goodyear F1's the Toyos might as well be studded. F1's are so bad in the cold/snow/sleet they should come with a warning.

In contrast I got 17k and 2 track days out of my T1r's and found them to be excellent even in the cold.

Just A Thought Lads,,

Is it not the usual procedure to alternate the tyres between front and back to even out the wear of the thread pattern... And with respect to directional / thread pattern may have to be swapped diagonally.... I know that if you are dealing with heavy machinery that have the same radius of tyre e.g Twaites Dumper then it is neccesary to change the tyres at the same time so that they have equal thread for traction!! Likewise these tyres are alternated from back to front to even tyre thread wear..

Not only that, but does it not have a cheaper outcome, because i can imagine that comming up to NCT / MOT that two tyres may be needed to be replaced rather than four, resulting in an inbalance of traction between front and back tyre on the offside or nearside...

At the minute i have continental contact 2's allround, they came with the car. i've them swapped at 25K and the front are close to being chewed up at the minute so i am now investing in 4 Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta (Nice Tyre, Good allround properties) and for the technical boys ( Sticky Micky Tyres!!!! :) )

By the way lads, if someone disagrees when my 2c then please say so, someone might have a better way. Just the we do it!!