Something for your Superb Owners.....

Baker21

Hi

Some nice pics there

That place looks stunning , and nice to have a couple of pics up there

I can remember going to watch a football match a few years ago that was sponsored by Skoda and they had the new Octavia there , and I spent half hour sat in the car instead of watching footy

But stunning looking stadium

Anyway , what a great excuse to go to Prague

Nice one

Sarah

Shall I post that photo you were tagged in on Facebook yesterday? Lookin sweeeeet :lol:

Seriously, good job. How did you guys get on?

I could post them up but I think they may be a little boring?

How did we get on well, not well...........we lost all our games but two games we played we lost by one goal with the man of the match being their keeper in both games so it shows the pressure they were under. I managed to get man of the match in the last game against Holland and scoring to draw the game level...........:D

:D well done

So even though on paper it does not look good , you did well ;)

Nice

Well done

Sarah

Well it was a great experience, this was my 3rd WFC's but 1st as Captain and it's great and just a shame we didn't win really.......here are a couple of choice pictures then:

Defending against Austria:

RZ3P6327.jpg

Wondering how we can beat the Sinapore team:

NO3O2280.jpg

Free Hit against Holland:

RZ3P7710.jpg

Aerial shot against Holland:

RZ3P7788.jpg

Man of the Match against Holland:

RZ3P7943.jpg

Nice one Baker - hope you are keeping well.

Regards

John

Thanks.........have to be honest and say that I am in recovery mode now before the Xmas break........5 games within 5 days with each game being 3 x 20 mins is pretty hard going..........:(

Indoor hockey but different eh? :lol:

Some really nice shots there, good work to whoever took them. They're a bit pap... but then you are a celebrety, Mr captain of the Great Britain team!

Congrats on the man of the match as well, I know that'll mean a lot to you. Well done :thumbup:

Which country won?

:P

I think you know that buddy...............:P

The final was awesome and having been in Sweden in 2006 when one of your players went a bit crazy in overtime and got sent off the atmosphere was electric when Sweden scored on Powerplay.

This year I felt that Finland could win it but I couldn't believe it when Kohienen missed that penalty, I would have put money on him scoring but when it went to oevrtime and Finland scored to make it 7-6 it was amazing, they deserved it and it's good for the sport of Floorball that finally somonelse has won the WFC.

sorry to be totally ignorant Baker - but is this a sort of indoor hockey but different?

Well done - whatever it is you were doing:thumbup:

EDIT: having just posted this, I now realise what a muppet sort of question it is :o...

Nah, it's not a muppet question but Floorball can be best described as follows:

Floorball is an indoor team sport played using composite sticks with a plastic vented blade where the aim is to put a light plastic ball into the opponent's goal. Floorball is most popular in Sweden, Finland and Switzerland, and is also played in several other countries, such as Norway and the Czech Republic. It is gaining popularity in many other places as well, including some countries outside Europe, such as Canada, Singapore, Japan, Australia and the United States.

Floorball is played in a court by six players per side. The objective of the game is to score goals by playing a plastic ball into the opponent's goal net, which is placed at the opposite end of the rink. The players may control and redirect the ball using a stick with a blade that is often curved at one end. Players must not use their hands, arms or head to play the ball on purpose. One may use other body parts. It is also allowed to play (especially stop) the ball once by foot, but not to score goals or pass to teammates.

A floorball team consist of 5 field players and one goalkeeper, whose primary job is to stop the ball from entering the net, and who is permitted unique gear towards that end. The goalkeeper is not permitted a stick. The playing field is 40 x 20 metres and enclosed by a board with rounded corners (50 cm tall). The goal cages are 1.60 x 1.15 m and 65 cm deep. The sticks are made of plastic or carbon and a bit over 1 metre long. The shaft is no longer than 99 cm and a blade of a different kind of plastic is attached to its end. The ball is made of plastic, is 72 mm in diameter, has a maximum weight of 23 grams, and has 26 holes in it.

Indoor hockey but different eh? :lol:

Some really nice shots there, good work to whoever took them. They're a bit pap... but then you are a celebrety, Mr captain of the Great Britain team!

Congrats on the man of the match as well, I know that'll mean a lot to you. Well done :thumbup:

The photo's were taken by the WFC official media and I think they are pretty good.......:P

Thanks for the kind words mate...........:thumbup:

The photo's were taken by the WFC official media and I think they are pretty good.......:P

Thanks for the kind words mate...........:thumbup:

I was close with being Pap then... ;)

No worries mate, sounds like you did a pretty good job considering.

Floorball sounds interesting... definately. Hmm. I used to play hockey but then I discovered pies, and of course that hockey ball hurts like you wouldn't believe. That nice plastic one looks much nicer :D

No disrespect though of course - it's just "floorball players do it with holey balls"!! :P

I was close with being Pap then... ;)

No worries mate, sounds like you did a pretty good job considering.

Floorball sounds interesting... definately. Hmm. I used to play hockey but then I discovered pies, and of course that hockey ball hurts like you wouldn't believe. That nice plastic one looks much nicer :D

No disrespect though of course - it's just "floorball players do it with holey balls"!! :P

Well if you think a hockey ball hurts then you should try getting in the way of a Flooball travelling at over 120kmh!!! Now that hurts and I have the bruises to prove it............:thumbdwn: