bye bye vRS, hello vtec!

Adam K

well sadly tonight my vRS disappeared off into the sunset, never to be seen again. a guy from leeds from all the way down here, test drove the car and decided to take it.

she was an 05 plate with 70k on the clock and i sold her for £4.5k which i think was too cheap but i needed it gone as my new car was waiting to be picked up.

bought one of these.......

29_12_3---Honda-S2000_web.jpg

identical to that, but mine has red leather instead of black.

how much did you pay ? my mate is after one of those, but as above, you have to rev the tits off em

what i paid doesn't really bare any relation to market value as I got it from a friend. it was owned by his brother in law who isn't short of cash and had only done 200 miles in it over the last 7 months.

it's on a 2000 W plate but only has 55k on the clock. got it with brand new tyres and just been serviced. i wanted a pre march 2001 car as the roadtax won't be going up into the £400+ road tax band when it all changes. tax on this one is around £180. it's also a UK car.

Very nice. I do have a soft spot for those. Good colour too. To be fair the S2000 is a little like the Triumph TR6 which James May said could be driven by a man without looking like a hairdresser/uphill gardener. I agree. A manly convertable sports car.

what i paid doesn't really bare any relation to market value as I got it from a friend. it was owned by his brother in law who isn't short of cash and had only done 200 miles in it over the last 7 months.

it's on a 2000 W plate but only has 55k on the clock. got it with brand new tyres and just been serviced. i wanted a pre march 2001 car as the roadtax won't be going up into the £400+ road tax band when it all changes. tax on this one is around £180. it's also a UK car.

yup thats what my mate said, he wants a pre 2001 model

A proper valuation (not parkers! and not the enthusiasts on here!) of your old car for a private sale at that mileage was £3800 - £4800 depending on condition - so I think you did pretty well. Considering what you've got now, I think you've done even better! Very nice.

A proper valuation (not parkers! and not the enthusiasts on here!) of your old car for a private sale at that mileage was £3800 - £4800 depending on condition - so I think you did pretty well. Considering what you've got now, I think you've done even better! Very nice.

Not what I want to be hearing when im going to be selling mine soon(ish).

Ive decided that, although the Fabia vRS is a great car, i need a AWD car, like a A3 Quattro TDi.

My Fabia is a 53 plate, with 66k on it, and ive got to raise about 9k for a 4x4 hatchback.

Dave

Not what I want to be hearing when im going to be selling mine soon(ish).

Ive decided that, although the Fabia vRS is a great car, i need a AWD car, like a A3 Quattro TDi.

My Fabia is a 53 plate, with 66k on it, and ive got to raise about 9k for a 4x4 hatchback.

Dave

well i just paid £5300 for mine, 53 plate with 55k on the clock, full tank of fuel, 12 months tax, MOT, and warranty