Skoda in BTCC by chance

sifelicia

As Babs says Skoda is the VAG rally brand hence it joining the IRC.

Yeah, each VAG brand has a particular sporting series -

Audi - Sportscars

Seat - Touring Cars

Skoda - Rallying

VW - Rally Raid/Dakar, plus anything else

Though about 10 years ago VW, Seat and Skoda were all in Rallying - BRC, WRC.

SEAT have pulled out from the BTCC

Although Audi did do Rallying and Touring Cars

SEAT still do rallying don't they?

They've pulled out of the BTCC, but are still in the WTCC. No, haven't rallied since 2000 WRC.

Yes, Audi did do Rallying and Touring cars, but years ago - since the Motorsport restructuring about 10 years ago each make has a different series, as above.

• 1 month later...
They've pulled out of the BTCC, but are still in the WTCC. No, haven't rallied since 2000 WRC.

Yes, Audi did do Rallying and Touring cars, but years ago - since the Motorsport restructuring about 10 years ago each make has a different series, as above.

No Audi are still in the German DTM which is a TC championship, Skoda in theory could compete in the BTCC don't forget there are two GM teams (Vauxhall and Chevrolet) so two VAG teams would not be out of the question just highly unlikely.

That would be worth seeing :thumbup: And if they are looking for a driver...................:rolleyes::cool::P;):D

I don't know about Skoda but there are rumours, in another motorsports forum, that Lada may enter World Touring Cars at some point. There are Skoda Fabias running in Rallycross in Europe and remember Lars Larson was twice European Rallycross champion in his Fabia. These cars have 500+ BHP, not the nanby-pamby 300hp that WRC cars have.

Is anyone on here going to Lydden Hill at Easter to see the first European round?

Edited by Jim H

I don't know about Skoda but there are rumours, in another motorsports forum, that Lada may enter World Touring Cars at some point. There are Skoda Fabias running in Rallycross in Europe and remember Lars Larson was twice European Rallycross champion in his Fabia. These cars have 500+ BHP, not the nanby-pamby 300hp that WRC cars have.

Is anyone on here going to Lydden Hill at Easter to see the first European round?

They still threatening to join? If memory serves they raced a few seasons back but not earning points as the car didn't meet some rule or other. In theory there could be a Volvo team next year as the C30 was just type approve for the STCC which in reality means it was approved for BTCC use due to a deal put together a few years back.

Won't a Fabia be a touch small compared to the Vectra/Insignia/Focus' and Beemers on the track

Wouldn't have thought so. So long as they can meet the minium weight I wouldn't have thought it was a problem. Remember back in the old days they had minis up against ford mustangs and jags.

WTCC entry in 2008;

27 I Russian Bears Motorsport Kirill Ladygin (RUS) LADA 110 2.0

28 I Russian Bears Motorsport Viktor Shapovalov (RUS) LADA 110 2.0

29 I Russian Bears Motorsport Jaap van Lagen (NED) LADA 110 2.0

Wouldn't have thought so. So long as they can meet the minium weight I wouldn't have thought it was a problem. Remember back in the old days they had minis up against ford mustangs and jags.

Yeah, but the rules don't allow for things like that anymore. There are minimum lengths, widths, weights, etc

I can't imagine a Fabia in the BTCC - certainly not an official works effort, Skoda is the Rallying arm of VAG.

Yeah, but the rules don't allow for things like that anymore. There are minimum lengths, widths, weights, etc

I can't imagine a Fabia in the BTCC - certainly not an official works effort, Skoda is the Rallying arm of VAG.

Yeah but the way things are do you really think TOCA would turn down a team from a major manufacturer?

The new fabia meets S2000 specs so IS allowed to compete in both WTCC and BTCC as well as WRC

The new fabia meets S2000 specs so IS allowed to compete in both WTCC and BTCC as well as WRC

True, however, I'm not sure 4WD is allowed in Touring cars. That's why you don't see the same cars doing WTCC and IRC.

Why would Skoda want to do a British domestic/National series? The BTCC isn't exactly brilliant at the moment, only Vauxhall take it seriously.

True, however, I'm not sure 4WD is allowed in Touring cars. That's why you don't see the same cars doing WTCC and IRC.

Since when was rallyng just 4wd ?

Edited by auroan

Yeah but the way things are do you really think TOCA would turn down a team from a major manufacturer?

Hopefully not :(

The BTCC, which was for a long time the best racing around, just isn't a patch on it's former self...and I'm speaking as a telly viewer and race attendee.