Credit Crunch Prices, whats the best deal on a VRS you've seen?

Well I have spent ages trawling through online ads for the best deal for a Fabia VRS.

What with the credit crunch money is getting knocked off them all the time.

Best price I could come up with was £6100 for a 2005 silver VRS with full skoda history and 21k miles.

My budget was £6500 and I was willing to travel for the right car, was looking no older than 2005 and no more than 40k miles, oh and I was swinging more to a dealer sale than private.

This then made me think what bargains people have been getting cos of the time of year and the poor economy.

Post your bargains and make me jealous!:mad:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a black 05 plate with some sensible mods on Edition 38 for £4.5k,

that was mine.

was an 05 plate with 70k on the clock.

sold for £4.5k to a guy from leeds who drove quite a long way to come get it late in the evening.

I just bought that 04 plate today, get it a week tomorrow, it really is in mint condition. I prefered silver but this was a mint car so thought sod it, I'll buy this!

Will be going to the local Seat dealer this week for that air intake thingymajig thats a sticky on the top of this forum. Does it make a difference?

• 4 weeks later...

bought my 06 silver VRS with 27k for 6950, from a skoda dealer, i didnt think it wasto bad!:D 2 months before i nearly paid 8.5k for a black one with 21k, i even paid a deposit but changed me mind at the last mo! (thank god) i wasnt even going to get a 1yrs warty from the seat dealer!!! :thumbdwn:

Im going to be lucky to get £4.5-5k for mine!!!

Gutted. Really need a car with AWD tho. (farmer, dont want disco or landy type)

im a farmer and i jsut got a vrs.

but i have a nissan navara aswell tho lol

Those that have bought from dealers, how much have you got knocked off the forecourt price? Looked at a 2005 silver in Lincoln. Forecourt at £6995, could have got it for £6400 cash but still seemed a bit high for 37k miles (really want one under 30k miles). Not in a rush and think there are some price drops to come in the next few months.

I honestly believe that because this car is such a hidden gem & as previoulsy stated no MKII vRS, the prices are holding up and will continue to do so.

I sold mine July last year a 53 plate, black with around 45k miles and got 5800 for it, could have got my asking price if i'd waited , but wanted to sell as deposit on new car.

I honestly believe that because this car is such a hidden gem & as previoulsy stated no MKII vRS, the prices are holding up and will continue to do so.

I sold mine July last year a 53 plate, black with around 45k miles and got 5800 for it, could have got my asking price if i'd waited , but wanted to sell as deposit on new car.

You may prove to be right, just depends not only on the demand for this model but also on how funding and financing holds up.

fairzo, My Silver 05 21k VRS was up for £6995 at a skoda dealers, they then had it advertised online for £6495 as a xmas sale. However when I went to view it the price on the forecourt was £6795. I knocked it down to £6100.