Can't Wait ??????????

Strobe VRS

Can't wait till 01/09/2004. I have bought a Octavia VRS. Changed from a VW Bora 1.9tdi. Local dealership have 10% of all Fabia & Octavia ranges.

Bought a red version with rear parking sensors, sunroof & xenon headlights for a good price. Great value for money. :D No match for price in VW/Seat range of cars. Had to go one better than the old man as he bought a 4x4 turbo Octavia estate. He is well happy with it and has said it is the best car he has bought. :thumbup:

Is there anything i should look for when i receive it. (hopefully nothing) :)

Welcome :wave:

Look under the front bumper. They've been known to "bottom out" when coming off the transporter.

Check that your dealer has not set it to fixed servicing. The factory ship them set to variable, and fill them with longlife oil.

If you plan to stay with variable you need to carry on using longlife oil.

Other than that, give it a good check as per any other car, paintwork, bodywork etc etc.

Problems are thankfully rare though, and generally minor when they do occur.

Enjoy the car :)

Does the car come with locking wheel nuts as standard.

What is the best insurance company to insure the Skoda with ???.

From reading MonkeyHangers comments it is best not to have the servicing fixed or variable.

Been to check car today and everything seems ok

From reading MonkeyHangers comments it is best not to have the servicing fixed or variable.

Let me echo Jane. At last, welcome to another Octavia RS owner.

It should come with locking bolts. Mine did.

Try Liverpool Victoria if you intend to mod, otherwise Direct Line were always good with me.

Most on here find variable servicing an excellent money saver. However, dealers have a habit of flicking the cars back to fixed. Where are you getting the car from?

Enjoy!

Yes

No one in particular. Phone around to get the best quotes or use one of the many online quote facilities. Insurance is a black magic.

What he is saying is that dealers like you to visit them every 10K and will switch the servicing interval without asking you. Not very good if you intend to do lots of miles to be on a fixed interval. Unless you like to be on a first name basis with your service manager ofcourse.

Welcome to Briskoda and may I compliment your old man on his choice of wheels. :D

PS: Since when has the vRS been better than the 4X4? :confused:

I'm hoping to order an Octavia VRs shortly, once I've sold a flat. Had a test drive of Bannockburn Garages black demo on Saturday. Awesome! That German bloke in the BMW 3-series on the M9 was *really* ****ed off! :D

Picked up VRS 9am this morning. Absolutely chuffed to f*$k(sorry for foul language) with it. Excellent service from Skoda dealership. They gave the missus a bunch of flowers (saves me having to buy her any on her birthday which is on friday. Will use money to fuel up VRS.) Bound to get it in the neck for being so tight.

Smooth and quiet drive, comfy and a head turner.

Off out now for another drive.

I have bought car from local Hereford Skoda Dealer.

Sorry DGW should not of compared what is the better version of Octavia as they are all quality cars.

hereford dealer on the brecon road?been told good things about them.

:thumbup: